Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Death is very liberating in thought and in action. Thinking of death really gives me a nihilistic view on everything I experience and perceive. I'm an atheistic agnostic and I don't think there is anything that occurs with death except a state of eternal unconsciousness that humans will never be able to comprehend; so what the hell is the point of anything I do? I don't know.

It's almost like a cognitive dissonance. I perform daily routines knowing damn well the only end goal to all of this is death. It's humorous how I participate with everyone and everything to try to reach a state of happiness that is only temporary. I go to school, work, socialize, eat, drink, sleep just so I can continue existing (existing for what reason, I don't know) and maybe feel some positive emotions (which will always be offset with negative ones).

This brings me to speculating my final thoughts alive. Whenever I revisit this Instagram I always try to imagine myself as Billy Watts experiencing his last day on Earth. If you don't know, Billy Watts documented his final day with several Instagram posts, before jumping into the Detroit River. Here was his final post:

B4CF566B 9863 493E B856 7D0446BED1B9

I could only imagine what he was thinking. He spent his whole life existing and decided to throw everything away. Nothing in his 17 years of existence mattered up to that point, the point of death. Probably thinking, why haven't I done this earlier?

Death is liberation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, Élégie and pthnrdnojvsc