Wikipedia is a joke.
CAC2-FCF2-3-FD1-4723-B6-C5-A898569-C1655.jpg

56-B5-CF0-D-38-D1-45-B8-886-B-EF135147-E3-E3.jpg

Reactions: Zhendou
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Grossssss. This is not surprising but still makes me mad.

Reactions: Zhendou, maniac116 and EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
What encouragement? Do these people know what encouragement even is? Suicide encouragement both isn't allowed on here and is frowned upon.

Reactions: sadandlonely99 and Zhendou
Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
At least the site is accessible to those without an account, so people can do the fact check themselves if they are not lazy enough to just blindly trust wikipedia

Grumble

Grumble

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
The screenshot, in conjunction with the text, is misleading and should be replaced.

"The suicide discussion forum is substantially more popular" has a biased tone to it and should be worded in a more objective manner (eg. "has X more posts per day than the other two forums" or something like that).

The bit about "encouragement to commit suicide" should either be outright removed, or at least reworded as a subjective opinion with citations of groups/media who believe it to be the situation -- in which case, the counter to this opinion should be included as well.

^a bit of constructive criticism, from me.

C

ClamChowder

Global Mod
Apr 4, 2023
At least the site is accessible to those without an account, so people can do the fact check themselves if they are not lazy enough to just blindly trust wikipedia
Thank f*ck for that. If this forum were to close then Wikipedia would be one of the first places people would go. Disturbing that false and misleading information is allowed on there.

Reactions: Grimpoteuthis
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
Have anyone tried to make corrections, on Wikipedia? I didn't see anything in the revision history.