Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
tonight I tried to hang myself on a wooden structure in an old abandoned playground, I tried with full suspension

my problem is that the rope is too painful and if I try to let myself go with the rope around my neck I feel a very strong and unbearable pain and I have to take it off, with the force of gravity the rope tightens me with incredible power, like the coils of a snake

I use a 10mm thick polyester nautical rope, I weigh 50 kg, it should be perfect for my weight, but despite this I cannot overcome the pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword, Deleted member 13412 and Hopeindeath!
Aimless

Aimless

Oct 22, 2020
I tried, but losing consciousness with partial suspension is not easy.
True. For me, the night night method is easier, because it is less uncomfortable, and the pressure is constant no matter how you move.

SpinningSong

SpinningSong

Student
Oct 9, 2020
Combine with hyperventilation maybe?

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms
cii

cii

"Well, it's groundhog day. Again."
Oct 24, 2020
Have you tried putting a thin towel or a sock around the rope in the area where it hurts most? Is the pain from rope burn or the position of where the rope is on your neck? If it feels like your eyes will pop out or someone is choking you too hard maybe you should change the position of the rope, move it near where your adam's apple is (not sure if it goes under or above it).

Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
Have you tried putting a thin towel or a sock around the rope in the area where it hurts most? Is the pain from rope burn or the position of where the rope is on your neck? If it feels like your eyes will pop out or someone is choking you too hard maybe you should change the position of the rope, move it near where your adam's apple is (not sure if it goes under or above it).
if I put a towel or some other cloth under the rope it may be less effective in closing the arteries.
I placed the rope under the jaw because otherwise it moves upwards causing more pain, I don't think the rope itself is the problem, but the high gravity that tightens the rope like a coil, so I think it would hurt anyway.

cii

cii

"Well, it's groundhog day. Again."
Oct 24, 2020
if I put a towel or some other cloth under the rope it may be less effective in closing the arteries.
I placed the rope under the jaw because otherwise it moves upwards causing more pain, I don't think the rope itself is the problem, but the high gravity that tightens the rope like a coil, so I think it would hurt anyway.
A thick towel may interfere yes but socks tend to be recommended because they're not thick enough to reduce the pressure, you should still be able to pass out all the same. Consider it if you can.
I do agree that it will be painful regardless. Maybe I misunderstood you, but the tightening of the rope hurts you? If that's the case you could try pulling on it and tightening it yourself first, placing it in the right spot, then going to forward with the rest. If you do that it should be less likely to move upwards. All you really need is pressure in the right spot to pass out quickly, I hope you will be able to find it.

Reactions: simpler-fy
simpler-fy

simpler-fy

Sep 15, 2020
If you would like to avoid pain, is there a reason you aren't considering an exit bag?

OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
tonight I tried to hang myself on a wooden structure in an old abandoned playground, I tried with full suspension

my problem is that the rope is too painful and if I try to let myself go with the rope around my neck I feel a very strong and unbearable pain and I have to take it off, with the force of gravity the rope tightens me with incredible power, like the coils of a snake

I use a 10mm thick polyester nautical rope, I weigh 50 kg, it should be perfect for my weight, but despite this I cannot overcome the pain.
Which knot did you use ?

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020

for my partial test i just cut out a piece from a cotton shirt, surrounded my neck with it and fixed it with some tape. thin clothes shouldn't make any difference in compressing the arteries. for me it worked and i drifted away. also it makes the feelin a bit smoother and u avoid rope burns but some marks are unavoidable at some point of pressure.

edit: the marks are also dependent on the thickness of the rope. the thinner the more likely u have some marks, which take some days to disappear. so the cold season is definitly better to hide stuff like that ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: OrdinaryDay
OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
@shinkansen
What kind of pain was it and where did it hurt?
(sorry not trying to be all over the place with these questions)

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Full hanging is supposed to be painful, I doubt it is possible to avoid pain. Maybe with some kind of wide silk scarf it's less pain.
I am sorry...

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
There's not a lot to it tbh. You can use softer ropes but the pressure hurts.

GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
There's not a lot to it tbh. You can use softer ropes but the pressure hurts.
Yeah I wondered about the recommended BDSM ropes. Almost sounds luxurious but the reality is probably quite different.

mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I find that the arteries are easiest to cut off just above the Adam's apple