hxppythxught

hxppythxught

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚
Feb 14, 2023
I think the only thing that really gives me a little bit of peace in life is wearing the type of fashion I enjoy.

I really enjoy and frequently buy Lolita fashion because it makes me feel a bit of relief wearing it. It makes me feel like myself.

I really enjoy feeling cutesy and feeling almost like a princess wearing it.

Where i live it's almost impossible to find people wearing Lolita in public so I mainly wear it at home, but i want to take that step to try and wear it in public. For now i just wear normal generic clothes, by that i mean band t-shirts and baggy sweatpants and sweaters. I might try to make my way up to wearing Lolita in public by first starting off by wearing cutesy pink clothing.

I also just don't want to get made fun of, but then again I'm starting to not care about what others think about me.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: sadstuffie, Lostandlooking, Alcoholic Teletubby and 5 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I love people who express themselves through their clothing- especially if it's unusual. Just looked at Lolita and wow- their stuff is a work of art. Like something out of a fairytale. Awesome.

I'm so boring in comparison but it matches my character- I've always been shy. I admire people who make a statement.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Fashion is one of the few things that makes me happy too, especially niche/obscure aesthetics like lolita and harujuku streetware.

I wear lolita in public (even a full coordinate once) and yes, people do stare. Some make shitty or dodgy comments as well. After awhile, however, I stopped caring so much about the opinions of strangers and decided to just dress how I want without consideration of how esoteric it might look to some freeroaming Npcs.

On the other side of the coin, there are strangers who will be fascinated by your style and may even compliment you. I've had little girls on the street smile gleefully and proclaim, "Look, a princess!" as I walked past them in my lolita attire.

Sure, it's a very unique fashion style and probably viewed as something odd/weird by run of the mill normies, but after some time you really do stop caring about how they perceive you. In my dream world though, you could casually go out in one of these outfits and it wouldn't be seen as abnornal or out of place.

4a78aa6ea4d1a7e8b1285864352608b6

• Love
Reactions: Caoine01, Alcoholic Teletubby, lofticries and 1 other person
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I think ppl should be free to dress how they want if it's not hurting anyone.

I also think japanese fashion along with the country itself is very fascinating.

If you're not comfortable dressing your truth out in public just yet maybe play around with some gothic lolita accessories(purses,shoes,jewlry), hair styles, and make up first.

Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
I think the only thing that really gives me a little bit of peace in life is wearing the type of fashion I enjoy.

I really enjoy and frequently buy Lolita fashion because it makes me feel a bit of relief wearing it. It makes me feel like myself.

I really enjoy feeling cutesy and feeling almost like a princess wearing it.

Where i live it's almost impossible to find people wearing Lolita in public so I mainly wear it at home, but i want to take that step to try and wear it in public. For now i just wear normal generic clothes, by that i mean band t-shirts and baggy sweatpants and sweaters. I might try to make my way up to wearing Lolita in public by first starting off by wearing cutesy pink clothing.

I also just don't want to get made fun of, but then again I'm starting to not care about what others think about me.
Yes! Someone else who wears lolita!
Do you have any brands you prefer? :)

hxppythxught

hxppythxught

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚
Feb 14, 2023
I haven't been on there in a minute. I've been focusing on Taobao, lately.
How is ordering stuff on there? Please dm me with a link if you know its liable. I'm always looking for new spots to get Lolita

Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
If you have the patience and the ability to copy-paste simplified Chinese, it shouldn't be too difficult to find what you're searching for. The only reoccurring issue is when the website -for some reason- tells you that certain items can't be shipped to you. In any case, I rely on proxy services to do all of the hard work for me.

I've personally found CSSbuy to be the cheapest Taobao proxy: https://www.cssbuy.com/

You can also order stuff through 2.taobao.com, Taobao's used goods website. (Please note that you must download the app to access this page; it is entirely in Chinese.) They have a lot of dresses that either aren't being sold anymore or aren't purchasable internationally.

Stylite

Stylite

Pillar-Dweller
Feb 21, 2023
I also struggle with wearing what I want in public, even just normal things because I frequently hear the voices of others mocking me in my head, for thinking I could dare to look un-ordinary, and that I'm not worthy of even appearing unusual, as if it's some right I haven't earned. The way I cope personally is just drinking so much that I don't care, but even then, I still care. Just lessens the blow, but I don't recommend that. You won't be able to ever leave without drugs if you take this approach.

I agree with what another commenter here said. Maybe wearing subtle accessories like rings, bracelets, earrings, shoes, so on, and slowly building the confidence or lack of care for others' attention, negative or positive, is a good idea.