no 4mat

no 4mat

Oct 17, 2020
is probably we're energy drainers.

I've been thinking about this for a while, it does make sense. have you ever told someone close about your suicidal thoughts and noticed they become to act weird around you or ghost you?

also, that's probably why I couldn't make a single friend on this forum. not sure about you but we all are empty and have nothing to give maybe that's why no one bother to initiate or care unless for profit?
just asking. wondering. etc. not judging you bro.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, sourpink, nicetomeetu and 20 others
cytokinestorm

cytokinestorm

Apr 19, 2020
I think it's because they realise that ultimately, they are unable to offer any solution. All they have to give are platitudes or guilt tripping us. We're like birds which are free to take off into the sky, never to be held captive again, all they can do is stand by and watch and wait.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, sourpink, Spyware and 13 others
Ber0

Ber0

Quiet
Dec 27, 2020
I don't know about being "energy draining" as a burden but certainly the act of trying to help someone with non bs answer and feelings takes a lot. At one point when I was doing really well in life, I used to go to R/SuicideWatch and R/Depression, (yeah IK, make fun of me now), and I used to try and help people and not just the same "oh wow dude that sucks get better", "maybe try changing your mindset". Or just bs. I would sit for a few hours and type out like essay length responses and try to describe what happened to me in my life. I just wanted to let them know that at the very least they weren't alone. Seeing all the strict pro-life bs was unfortunate but I tried to stay away from that kind of thinking. A super open "Pro-Choice" mindset wasn't taken too kindly either by the mods. But, my only goal was perhaps to share some of my experience and relate to them, maybe give some guidance, maybe just let them know they're not alone. I only wanted to help other people who weren't doing so well. But spending so much time on posts takes a lot of energy for me, especially having to relive my past over and over to put it into words. And by the time I refreshed the pages there were always hundreds of others. I just couldn't sustain the level of dedication and time efficiency needed to try and help so many people and it made me cry a lot to think of how many people were hurting one way or another. The stories I read and things I heard gave me depression myself. So anyone that needs help and actual non-bs communication themselves is not an "energy drainer". It's just that being real with people, trying to relate your own experiences, give meaningful answers and really make a relationship with others is "draining" for people. It's not a good thing or a bad thing, it's just how it is. Sitting down and really hearing someone out and saying "fuck I'm actually gonna try to help this person". Is a massive commitment and it takes effort and energy, not many people will go out of their way to do that. So yeah most people will turn away or change topics if you bring up stuff like cutting, self harm, depression, suicide. If it's not the easy pro life bs, "oh I'm so sorry, I hope it gets better" | or "try to change your attitude", most people would rather not take on someone else's struggles and try to help them. Lots of people don't want to know the truth, they don't want to see how bad things can get, they don't want to know how the person they go to work with each day with a great attitude, good grades, and a constant smile, cries alone each night wishing for death as they cut themselves over and over. And as for most humans, psychological speaking, what gain is there? You spend time helping others and trying to empathize and struggle with them, try to get into their mindset, it can create enormous sadness and pain, even depression. So you are able to relate to them on a personal non bs level. Maybe they get comfort, guidance, maybe it helps, maybe not. And what happens? You're left with their thoughts, memories, stories of their abuse that they've never told another soul. You're now taking on their struggles and adding it to your own memories of terrible things. But yeah like you said, how many people do you think are going to willingly wake up each day and willingly say (not literally of course), "Today, I'm going to be selfless and find someone who needs help and pour my time and energy into trying to help them for absolutely nothing in return". Of course those types are here, but a lot of people here are shy as well or even just naturally introverted. And not many people come here to say what I just said, "Hey I'm gonna find people to help" etc. People that are here often aren't here to make friends either, so people won't go out of their way to just randomly message people and make friends, and that isn't a bad thing, it's just how it is. Like I'm not here to try to find friends, if I do cool, but I came here because I was and still mostly am in a really bad place mentally and I was looking for options for if/when I needed it. Most people are seeking help, comfort, guidance, death, peace. There are so many people that are worn out and just done, with nothing else to give. The other thing to consider is that some people don't want to be your friend, not because of you or anything about you, but because it makes leaving that much harder for people, nobody wants to think of the people they'll leave behind and how much it would hurt them by leaving, so people stay distant on purpose. The other thing is that sometimes someone's situation is so fked and messed up, what is there to say? No amount of guidance, advice, comfort, meds, etc will fix their situation. Sometimes people just need to vent and know that they're seen by others. But at the end of the day sometimes nothing can help. But hey, if you ever wanna chat or something, I'm still breathing. I love talking about philosophy and different entertainment mediums, or if you just wanna talk about life, death, you, others, or anything. And I'm sure many others would be open to being friends with you. But yeah that's just my take on it all, idk if I derailed too hard or offended anyone, I really hope not. Wishing you the best though whatever your situation may be.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, sourpink, Barracuda91 and 12 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah I'm personally probably an energy drainer and a burden. I'm always negative and that's why I'm trying to stay away from meeting new people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Merlay, Hollydeathripper, Deleted member 94 and 4 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Hi OP, sorry to hear you've had some struggles making friends. I have lots of trouble making and keeping friendships as well, so I can understand to some degree what it feels like. It's lonely & disheartening putting yourself out & being rejected.

Being an "energy drainer," in a broad sense would explain how it feels being a support to someone who is in crisis or in need of MH support. Though, I will say that there's a wee bit more to it than that. @Ber0 does have a good point in saying that it is an emotionally draining endeavour to support others, so the other person's inability to support you may reflect more on them than you.

I hope that helps a bit.

I don't know about being "energy draining" as a burden but certainly the act of trying to help someone with non bs answer and feelings takes a lot. At one point when I was doing really well in life, I used to go to R/SuicideWatch and R/Depression, (yeah IK, make fun of me now), and I used to try and help people and not just the same "oh wow dude that sucks get better", "maybe try changing your mindset". Or just bs. I would sit for a few hours and type out like essay length responses and try to describe what happened to me in my life. I just wanted to let them know that at the very least they weren't alone. Seeing all the strict pro-life bs was unfortunate but I tried to stay away from that kind of thinking. A super open "Pro-Choice" mindset wasn't taken too kindly either by the mods. But, my only goal was perhaps to share some of my experience and relate to them, maybe give some guidance, maybe just let them know they're not alone. I only wanted to help other people who weren't doing so well. But spending so much time on posts takes a lot of energy for me, especially having to relive my past over and over to put it into words. And by the time I refreshed the pages there were always hundreds of others. I just couldn't sustain the level of dedication and time efficiency needed to try and help so many people and it made me cry a lot to think of how many people were hurting one way or another. The stories I read and things I heard gave me depression myself. So anyone that needs help and actual non-bs communication themselves is not an "energy drainer". It's just that being real with people, trying to relate your own experiences, give meaningful answers and really make a relationship with others is "draining" for people. It's not a good thing or a bad thing, it's just how it is. Sitting down and really hearing someone out and saying "fuck I'm actually gonna try to help this person". Is a massive commitment and it takes effort and energy, not many people will go out of their way to do that. So yeah most people will turn away or change topics if you bring up stuff like cutting, self harm, depression, suicide. If it's not the easy pro life bs, "oh I'm so sorry, I hope it gets better" | or "try to change your attitude", most people would rather not take on someone else's struggles and try to help them. Lots of people don't want to know the truth, they don't want to see how bad things can get, they don't want to know how the person they go to work with each day with a great attitude, good grades, and a constant smile, cries alone each night wishing for death as they cut themselves over and over. And as for most humans, psychological speaking, what gain is there? You spend time helping others and trying to empathize and struggle with them, try to get into their mindset, it can create enormous sadness and pain, even depression. So you are able to relate to them on a personal non bs level. Maybe they get comfort, guidance, maybe it helps, maybe not. And what happens? You're left with their thoughts, memories, stories of their abuse that they've never told another soul. You're now taking on their struggles and adding it to your own memories of terrible things. But yeah like you said, how many people do you think are going to willingly wake up each day and willingly say (not literally of course), "Today, I'm going to be selfless and find someone who needs help and pour my time and energy into trying to help them for absolutely nothing in return". Of course those types are here, but a lot of people here are shy as well or even just naturally introverted. And not many people come here to say what I just said, "Hey I'm gonna find people to help" etc. People that are here often aren't here to make friends either, so people won't go out of their way to just randomly message people and make friends, and that isn't a bad thing, it's just how it is. Like I'm not here to try to find friends, if I do cool, but I came here because I was and still mostly am in a really bad place mentally and I was looking for options for if/when I needed it. Most people are seeking help, comfort, guidance, death, peace. There are so many people that are worn out and just done, with nothing else to give. The other thing to consider is that some people don't want to be your friend, not because of you or anything about you, but because it makes leaving that much harder for people, nobody wants to think of the people they'll leave behind and how much it would hurt them by leaving, so people stay distant on purpose. The other thing is that sometimes someone's situation is so fked and messed up, what is there to say? No amount of guidance, advice, comfort, meds, etc will fix their situation. Sometimes people just need to vent and know that they're seen by others. But at the end of the day sometimes nothing can help. But hey, if you ever wanna chat or something, I'm still breathing. I love talking about philosophy and different entertainment mediums, or if you just wanna talk about life, death, you, others, or anything. And I'm sure many others would be open to being friends with you. But yeah that's just my take on it all, idk if I derailed too hard or offended anyone, I really hope not. Wishing you the best though whatever your situation may be.
You made a lot of good points that I agree with, particularly with my experience as an ex-CTB helpline responder. It's exhausting putting yourself in other people's shoes & offering support.

Last edited:
Reactions: sourpink, Hollydeathripper, Passersby and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think those who start ghosting or ignoring you are simply people who are not really interested in helping.

What surprises me, is that you said you couldn't make any friends here. Really?

SS fellows are awesome and unlike normies, they can really understand us and help us out. You should try talking to more members, even me! I'll gladly listen to you and hope you do the same for me.

After all, most of us have been really hurt and want to CTB. What better idea than helping each other?

Hugs and love to you

• Love
Reactions: nicetomeetu, Merlay, Hollydeathripper and 3 others
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
is probably we're energy drainers.

I've been thinking about this for a while, it does make sense. have you ever told someone close about your suicidal thoughts and noticed they become to act weird around you or ghost you?

also, that's probably why I couldn't make a single friend on this forum. not sure about you but we all are empty and have nothing to give maybe that's why no one bother to initiate or care unless for profit?
just asking. wondering. etc. not judging you bro.
It's more like there is so much stigma against suicide that they see it as they don't know how to handle it/its like you are confessing to being a member of a hardcore cult they dislike. It's probably not going to be solved until death is cured or you go to liberal circles in Switzerland.

Reactions: sourpink, Merlay, Hollydeathripper and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Regardless of the rights and wrongs, it can indeed be very draining supporting someone with suicidal feelings, and most people at some stage will have to draw a line in the sand and walk away, even if only for a while. I've had it done to me and I felt betrayed, whilst at the same time understanding why they had to do it.

• Love
Reactions: sourpink, Arvinneedstodie, Meditation guide and 3 others
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
It's okay to live and it's okay to die. No one knows what life is and life is just a blink of an eye, people just try to imposed their extremely limited understanding/group think onto you. What's 100 years compared to the earth that's 4.5 billion. What's a human compared to a 100 trillion light year universe? The science basically even says what we know/understand about cousiouness is fundamentally wrong. For instance, the notion you get one life Is highly improbable in the way people believe. How do billions of neurons create one being? The 5 year old version of yourself is fully dead almost every atom has been replaced or moved. Consciousness itself might be an illusion. Etc it gets really confusing really fast and people act like archaic medieval views are fact when the reality is they are absurd with no basis in reality. Let's do a thought experiment. So let's say there was a super intelligence that could fully analyzed your brain, decided to follow you telepathically at all times and told you want to do to be or of the happy most fulfilled people on earth. Would you be one of the happiest most fulfilled people on earth? Of course, you would, choice is irrelevant as it would know exactly what to say to get you accept the advice or even feel like your choices. Magic is a feeling that comes from not understand the rules and laws of a system-which is what the majority of human believes and views come from.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, sourpink, Arvinneedstodie and 7 others
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Great read and a very nuanced response <3

• Love
Reactions: sourpink and Ber0
Ber0

Ber0

Quiet
Dec 27, 2020
It's okay to live and it's okay to die. No one knows what life is and life is just a blink of an eye, people just try to imposed their extremely limited understanding/group think onto you. What's 100 years compared to the earth that's 4.5 billion. What's a human compared to a 100 trillion light year universe? The science basically even says what we know/understand about cousiouness is fundamentally wrong. For instance, the notion you get one life Is highly improbable in the way people believe. How do billions of neurons create one being? The 5 year old version of yourself is fully dead almost every atom has been replaced or moved. Consciousness itself might be an illusion. Etc it gets really confusing really fast and people act like archaic medieval views are fact when the reality is they are absurd with no basis in reality. Let's do a thought experiment. So let's say there was a super intelligence that could fully analyzed your brain, decided to follow you telepathically at all times and told you want to do to be or of the happy most fulfilled people on earth. Would you be one of the happiest most fulfilled people on earth? Of course, you would, choice is irrelevant as it would know exactly what to say to get you accept the advice or even feel like your choices. Magic is a feeling that comes from not understand the rules and laws of a system-which is what the majority of human believes and views come from.
I really enjoyed that thought perspective, I've always thought the same about "magic" also. Another interesting concept that ties in is the 2D/3D/4D thought experiment and studies on how humans have a limited grasp of reality and there might be more than we can experience currently. What you said to start is exactly what people can't comprehend that it's ok to live and die. There's so much about consciousness that isn't understood like you said as well and life is such an extremely short period. Not even a blink, just ms or less in the scale of things. I agree that the typically accepted archaic beliefs having some catching up to modern thought/science, but all in all, I think that life is what you make it. Like with what no 4mat said originally about being drains, I'm sure different theories and such can be applied to that as well, but in really simple terms, my main thing was that it just takes a lot to pour effort into someone else's experience to help them, you essentially get to share the same sadness, sorrow, and emotion as the person as you hear their story and problems, not everyone wants or can do that.

Reactions: sourpink, Wrennie and Deleted member 22624

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Some people on this forum do have to offer something that I want, and I engage in conversation with such people when I sense some degree of compatibility and mutual benefit.

Reactions: _Minsk
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
I really enjoyed that thought perspective, I've always thought the same about "magic" also. Another interesting concept that ties in is the 2D/3D/4D thought experiment and studies on how humans have a limited grasp of reality and there might be more than we can experience currently. What you said to start is exactly what people can't comprehend that it's ok to live and die. There's so much about consciousness that isn't understood like you said as well and life is such an extremely short period. Not even a blink, just ms or less in the scale of things. I agree that the typically accepted archaic beliefs having some catching up to modern thought/science, but all in all, I think that life is what you make it. Like with what no 4mat said originally about being drains, I'm sure different theories and such can be applied to that as well, but in really simple terms, my main thing was that it just takes a lot to pour effort into someone else's experience to help them, you essentially get to share the same sadness, sorrow, and emotion as the person as you hear their story and problems, not everyone wants or can do that.
I love these conversations, however You are missing the biggest factors in why people talk about suicide so negatively. There is this strong group think mechanism that causes people to view suicide as not a part of the group and therefore evil or wrong/scapegoated silenced at all cost. It's the same response as leaving a hardcore cult or religion. Could luck ever getting a rational conversation with someone who hasn't decided the cult is dumb. It's just not going to happen. It goes against the whole notion that life is this sacred gift, which is romatazied to such a high degree in western society especially and starts to fall apart when you apply critical thinking as it's apparent that even the majority of the population who has this view doesn't actually act like they believe it. It's cognitive dissonance galore, rejecting the view provides the person with the same feelings as when they rejected by someone they have a crush on her. It doesn't help that critical thinking starts to easily shatter what they claim to believe as it's actually extremely critical/actions don't match what they are claiming.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Wrennie, Ber0 and 3 others
Ber0

Ber0

Quiet
Dec 27, 2020
I love these conversations, however You are missing the biggest factors in why people talk about suicide so negatively. There is this strong group think mechanism that causes people to view suicide as not a part of the group and therefore evil or wrong/scapegoated silenced at all cost. It's the same response as leaving a hardcore cult or religion. Could luck ever getting a rational conversation with someone who hasn't decided the cult is dumb. It's just not going to happen. It goes against the whole notion that life is this sacred gift, which is romatazied to such a high degree in western society especially and starts to fall apart when you apply critical thinking as it's apparent that even the majority of the population who has this view doesn't actually act like they believe it. It's cognitive dissonance galore, rejecting the view provides the person with the same feelings as when they rejected by someone they have a crush on her. It doesn't help that critical thinking starts to easily shatter what they claim to believe as it's actually extremely critical/actions don't match what they are claiming.
I love these conversations as well and thanks for sharing, I always seem to learn something new. I hadn't really thought of that as a basis for the negativity and stigmas surrounding suicide or the commonly held belief of "life is sacred". Even though now it appears to be a bit obvious, especially when combined with the "herd mentality" logic. What you said would be a direct link as to no 4mat's original point of people ghosting and sudden coldness or change of topic when suicide is brought up. Even when people do engage in the topic of suicide or really make an effort to hear the other person out, if they were to be found out by a friend or have a co-worker overhearing them or anyone for that matter who doesn't hold the same belief, they'd often get labeled as "weird, emo, dark, depressed, etc." Because even talking about it is enough to single them out as part of the "larger group" as you mentioned. That's what I'm thinking so far.

Reactions: Wrennie and pthnrdnojvsc
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
"Normal" people can't deal with any version of reality that's not conductive to them living another day. Bringing up something like suicide shatters the thought bubble they' believe in of life being a precious gift.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Barracuda91, Merlay and 6 others
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I think society and humans in general have built up some sort of a "we are special!" Mindset. It's clear in all kinds of mefia and especially clear in religion, perhaps by definition.

Committing suicide basically sticks a middle finger at this worldview: you are viewed as rejecting this speciality. After all, they claim life is a gift and you don't throw away gifts..

If that doesn't work, they try to guilt you into thinking about how selfish you are. While this might have merit in some cases, they conveniently omit they they are just as selfish for preventing your actions.

Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: sourpink, Wrennie, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Yeah I'm personally probably an energy drainer and a burden. I'm always negative and that's why I'm trying to stay away from meeting new people.
Same here I'm a walking black hole.

L

L0b5t3r

May 7, 2020
Could be for many reasons, people come in all shapes and sizes but not all shapes fit together well. Sites like this where like minded people can communicate should help you I wouldn't give up on connecting with someone just yet. To blame yourself for a botched interaction isn't doing any good , just try the next person eventually you'll find the right one

Reactions: Wrennie
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
That's why people get weirded out when I say I'm depressed.
No one cares, no one wants to hear that.

But if you're popular.. whole different story.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
...And these individuals who label you as an "energy drainer" will likely be part of the same crowd that gets angry at the suicidal person should they leave this world; even though they did not want anything to do with said suicidal person when they were alive.

Y

Yasuke

Jan 29, 2020
...And these individuals who label you as an "energy drainer" will likely be part of the same crowd that gets angry at the suicidal person should they leave this world; even though they did not want anything to do with said suicidal person when they were alive.
It's Part of the human charm to be full of shit.

Reactions: sourpink
Intotheflames

Intotheflames

a stranger in a strange land
Dec 23, 2020
That's why people get weirded out when I say I'm depressed.
No one cares, no one wants to hear that.

But if you're popular.. whole different story.

Of course it is a whole different story to them, the words don't even mean the same thing. They prefer to say "recovery" instead of depresssion, and "depressed" when they have a drug problem, "hospitalized" means they have a plastic surgery, "rehab" when they have a wild party.

• Love
Reactions: Kat!
Merlay

Merlay

you need to die if you want to go to heaven
Oct 24, 2020
I think it's better to communicate your thoughts and feelings to someone with a mind like you, or to people who have been there, or to people who are open-minded and know that life is absolutely pointless. Positive-minded people tend to think that we are negative, downer, energy-drainer; because they are building themselves and they don't want to be dragged down. In other words, some of us are seen as toxic by friends and family. Our thoughts are poisonous to their views and mindset. That's just how I see it, that's how the people, who I thought will accept me once I let them inside my head, made me feel.

Reactions: no 4mat
D

DrWh033

Student
Dec 23, 2020
Nobody hates us. And stop labeling people into them and us. Grow up.

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Of course it is a whole different story to them, the words don't even mean the same thing. They prefer to say "recovery" instead of depresssion, and "depressed" when they have a drug problem, "hospitalized" means they have a plastic surgery, "rehab" when they have a wild party.
I remember when this famous singer in the US overdosed on some really powerful and nasty drug, she landed in the hospital and everyone.. get this, instead of talking about her issues, THEY PROMOTED HER NEW ALBUM!
Like wtf this girl just overdosed on drugs and instead of getting her help they're saying "get well soon!"
I don't think she got criminal charges either. This was a few months ago I think.