• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is something that probably people already know, but are afraid to say it. The reason that most humans in a civilized society are civil (for the most part) is the fact that we live in a society that has law and order, along with the legal system. Now yes, I know that nothing is perfect, sometimes bad guys and criminals get away with crimes and wrongdoing, while the victim gets fucked over, but again, this is just theoretical and on paper. So with that, many people have morals and are civil because we trust that a legal system (created by humans of course) will sort out our differences and that laws will keep order and things civil. When said system fails and people are not able to find legal recourse or otherwise find justice, that is where vigilantism crops up and vengeance crops up. Before the legal system and what not existed, in order for humans to find recourse and/or get justice, vengeance, vigilantism is the only reasonable recourse they had, otherwise they simply just LDAR (lie down and rot) while getting victimized.

After the invention and establishment of the legal system and laws to keep order, many people no longer resort to violence, vigilantism, and otherwise their personal brand of justice because people put their confidence in the system we have in place today. No it is not perfect, but it is the best we have currently. So in conclusion, my claim is that most people don't go out and get revenge on the ones that wronged them because of the existence of a legal system (courts and laws, processes to redress grievances and disputes). Without one or if the legal system fails to deliver justice, then (some) people would resort to other means, including violence, vigilantism, vengeance in order to get justice and resolve disputes, wrongs, etc.

I'm not going to write a disclaimer this time because I already have for many other topics of this nature, plus it seems obvious enough that I'm talking in hypotheticals here.

Reactions: Laststop, HGL91 and Baskol1
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
Actually, to just add a little to the point you're making, it's interesting to note that, in criminal law in the US, one doesn't actually commit a crime against another person, or persons. The way the criminal justice system is set up, offenders commit crimes against the State, and victims are witnesses for the State's case it makes against the accused offender. This is an important distinction, as (Theoretically, if all is going as it should) those who would commit offences do so having to contend with tangling with the force and might of the Government of the United States. This doesn't always work out well for the victim, as their justice is only as good as the Governments motivation, and also, they are precluded from seeking recourse themselves, or private agents on their behalf, except in civil court. So, as you are saying, if I'm reading you right, the good and just thing works out sometimes, and sometimes not. I guess nothing's perfect. If you follow the progression of societal evolution, focusing on the early formation as laid out in the theory of Jean-Jacques Rousseau, we at first were left to our own abilities under "survival of the fittest." If we continue to de-evolve as a society like we have been, the dark future that can be seen in the movies is probably the most likely future for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
This is something that probably people already know, but are afraid to say it. The reason that most humans in a civilized society are civil (for the most part) is the fact that we live in a society that has law and order, along with the legal system. Now yes, I know that nothing is perfect, sometimes bad guys and criminals get away with crimes and wrongdoing, while the victim gets fucked over, but again, this is just theoretical and on paper. So with that, many people have morals and are civil because we trust that a legal system (created by humans of course) will sort out our differences and that laws will keep order and things civil. When said system fails and people are not able to find legal recourse or otherwise find justice, that is where vigilantism crops up and vengeance crops up. Before the legal system and what not existed, in order for humans to find recourse and/or get justice, vengeance, vigilantism is the only reasonable recourse they had, otherwise they simply just LDAR (lie down and rot) while getting victimized.

After the invention and establishment of the legal system and laws to keep order, many people no longer resort to violence, vigilantism, and otherwise their personal brand of justice because people put their confidence in the system we have in place today. No it is not perfect, but it is the best we have currently. So in conclusion, my claim is that most people don't go out and get revenge on the ones that wronged them because of the existence of a legal system (courts and laws, processes to redress grievances and disputes). Without one or if the legal system fails to deliver justice, then (some) people would resort to other means, including violence, vigilantism, vengeance in order to get justice and resolve disputes, wrongs, etc.

I'm not going to write a disclaimer this time because I already have for many other topics of this nature, plus it seems obvious enough that I'm talking in hypotheticals here.

The Population was mich smaller top, so there was less crime, hunter and gatherers had probably nearly zero crimes. Because if you hurt your own group you were banished,

Reactions: Wayfaerer and Laststop