P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
There is actually some good hard proof, that this forum is helping many people to recover. There are so many people who have been posting for years, thousands of messages. These people are not just researching methods of suicide, even though it may be what initially brought them. Many people are sticking around, and that is a very good thing. The longer we stick around (on Earth), the better our chances of recovery.

Part of it may have to do with the fact, that people are also realizing (myself included), just how difficult it is to actually do. It's very clear and obvious how risky it is, possibly causing us to be much worse off after an unsuccessful attempt.

Regardless of which reason it is, the proof is that the forum is helping many people to recover. Partly because of the support and sense of community, and partly because people are so well informed.

It's a big part of being human to not want to be alone. This subject is so hard to talk about with people in the outside world, and this most often creates incredible isolation. A forum like this brings people out of their isolation. We can all realize that we are not alone. I personally think this is what makes the big difference, and gives many people the strength to keep going and recover.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, heavyeyes, cracklingroses and 1 other person
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I mean, it helps as long as we're stuck here, but it can't save what can't be saved~
Don't get me wrong~ I'd love to recover~ But unfortunately, only God decides that

It's a big part of being human to not want to be alone. This subject is so hard to talk about with people in the outside world, and this most often creates incredible isolation. A forum like this brings people out of their isolation. We can all realize that we are not alone.
However much I may disagree with the rest of your post, this is correct, yes~ In fact, that's why I came here~ One can't talk about it irl except under the risk of being reported, and they censor talking about it with AI~

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle
destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Experienced
Feb 16, 2024
I agree. Just the fact that we know we have options is what helps the most. When I joined this forum, I only knew of hanging as a method. Even got a rope and put it around my neck and tried it out but I felt like that's not how I wanted to go. I felt scared not even knowing how to hang myself. The day I joined this forum, I knew my life( or death) wouldn't be the same again. I have never felt so much camaraderie on any other place on the internet. We may have different reasons, but we came for the same thing. I am so grateful to the people I have met here. Even tho so many of us here are hurting, for the most part, we're doing such a great job showing love and support to each other.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Most people who sign up here only stick around for a little bit before leaving (some paper on this site mentions it). As to what happened to them after they stopped posting, who knows, but I feel like some members have been on here for years isn't proof of anything. For one, you are only going off of the posts you're seeing currently. Any member on here who has ctbed, including members who have been on here for years, are not around anymore. Secondly, you are forgetting about all the members who have been on here for a short period of time and who have gone on to ctb. Thirdly, many of the long-term members who have been on here for years include members who want to die but who can't as a result of certain circumstances (no access to good methods, too scared about potentially failing and suffering more as a result, having others that may rely on them, etc). A great example of this is FC.

Along with that, what has been discussed does not need to be repeated. A lot of people don't feel the need to discuss suicide methods because we already have all of the information on here. There isn't much point in getting others to repeat information that you can easily find by searching for it.

The recovery section still has the least amount of posts in comparison to both the offtopic and suicide sections. While there have been cases of people who started to recover thanks to this forum, most people on this forum aren't here for recovery. Most of us are here because we plan on eventually killing ourselves (not that the forum would have played much of a role in deciding to ctb besides providing us with actual info on different suicide methods).

• Hugs
Reactions: Emeralds and EternalShore
Emeralds

Emeralds

Aug 29, 2024
It doesn't necesarily mean that someone has recovered just because they are on the forum long term. Some people who join are passively suicidal and haven't reached the point where they would seriously coinsider going through with it. Others may be actively suicidal but may be too scared to go through with it or have responsibilities that stop them from going through with it (for example taking care of young kids). It doesn't mean they are better.

I think that the opposite is true. People who stay on here long term haven't recovered. If they really were better, they wouldn't be hanging around such a negative place. It's counter productive and likely to make them relapse. People who are serious about recovery usually leave the forum.