sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Has anyone here watched The Promised Neverland? Honestly I think that human life and existence are like what occurs in TPN. The children are farmed/raised to die and get eaten by the overlords of that world (in that world humans are a subspecies, and are food for the superior species).

This is much like raising us only to force us to enter the workforce and sacrifice our lives to become wageslaves to capitalism.

I heard that there were archons in this world/universe which feed off of human beings and humans' negative energy. I think this idea is pretty far-fetched, but it would tie perfectly into TPN

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, not-2-b-the-answer, XdragonsoulX and 1 other person
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Did watch all of TPN, I loved season 1. I really agree with this idea, especially how those in power killed children once they've been proved "useless". Feel like it's a parallel to the government. They wants us dead by retirement (or a year before) so we can't get benefits, or even just live without working. Dead even earlier if we somehow can't work anymore.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, XdragonsoulX and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Did watch all of TPN, I loved season 1. I really agree with this idea, especially how those in power killed children once they've been proved "useless". Feel like it's a parallel to the government. They wants us dead by retirement (or a year before) so we can't get benefits, or even just live without working. Dead even earlier if we somehow can't work anymore.
Ikr! They just want to keep us alive so that we can buy into this system of wage slavery. I hate the fact that modern life and society are like this, we all have to work and be "productive" and "serve a purpose". I hate that capitalism is like this

Reactions: Rocinante and not-2-b-the-answer
XdragonsoulX

XdragonsoulX

Vengeance Incarnate
Apr 13, 2022
It really is parallel to our universe, even with the promised land they tell us to hope for achieving even tho it's not achievable for the majority of its people. The government is basically farming us, look at our food it's gone to a bunch of bad stuff, there's billions of us, they don't care about us, if we're homeless, starving or anything. If we die they just don't care. It's one of the hardest things to deal with, they don't care about our health or anything.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, passivethought121 and sserafim
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I read the full manga. The start was very promising but towards the end it went downhill. I don't want to spoil the end but I thought of it as disappointing.
Wasn't it the case the anime did not follow the manga at a certain point?

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon, sserafim and not-2-b-the-answer
rosa.rosa

rosa.rosa

Sep 10, 2023
I read the full manga. The start was very promising but towards the end it went downhill. I don't want to spoil the end but I thought of it as disappointing.
Yeah, they omitted an entire arc in the second season — the best one, in my opinion — but the first season was really good. It had an amazing atmosphere and sound design; it makes me wish I watched the anime first and then picked up where the first season left off in the manga.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I never read the manga so I wouldn't know…I only watched the anime

Reactions: Rocinante
bug_muncher

bug_muncher

everything is confusing~
Sep 20, 2023
I started the anime but never finished it, but I thought the concept was pretty interesting. There's another manga about people being raised and eaten that I really enjoy (it's called Starving Anonymous for anyone who wants to read it) and the people have a certain religious ideology instilled in them so that they're ok with being eaten and I feel like it relates to corruption in positions of power.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and MightyPlaza
MightyPlaza

MightyPlaza

tired.
Aug 12, 2023
Read the full manga before watching the anime. Getting rid of Yugo and the Goldy Pond arc was unforgivable, but just look at this, man...
EunkXHLXcAYgSW2

Reactions: sserafim, Skathon and bug_muncher