Dead Already

Dead Already

Jul 14, 2023
Beyond multiple mental health issues,
Extreme, overriding, fires of hell feelings of Loneliness is what finally drove me to make a plan to CTB.

I found SS after a close friend CTB.
Started to read as a guest, hoping to find his threads and have some insight to his death and why he did not feel he could talk to me about it.
I would have understood and supported his decision.
We had been friends for over 50 years.

Upon becoming a member and reading everything on this site, I started going through the partners section thinking maybe it would be nice to not feel the Loneliness in the last months.

Knowing for me it would months take to get to know someone well enough to die with,
Trust them, understand them, respect them.
Definitely sounded appealing with the right person.
I had never even thought about it before seeing the partners megathread on SS .

Well, the process wasn't so easy, it has actually led to places and feelings of responsibility for others I never imagined.

I pulled my post because of some of the moral ramifications that presented with the first response.

If anyone would.....
Please tell me your thoughts on partnering up with another person to CTB with.
I welcome all opinions and viewpoints.

I do not now want to die alone as I have lived for so many years, I also do not want to be pushing an agenda that suits me on one who might have a chance to turn it around.

Problems
Pitfalls
Responsibility
Feelings
Logistics
Cultural differences

The diversity, caring, understanding and support of this community has changed the way I view a lot of the human condition, thank you all.

Please give me you opinions and advice

Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I imagine- if things go well, it could be a great source of comfort to CTB with someone else. I think there have been successful partnerships here.

BUT I imagine- if things go badly- they could potentially go incredibly badly. What if something goes wrong with one of the attempts and not the other? What if you are disturbed when only one of you has died? Assisting a suicide is illegal in many parts of the world. Not to mention the fear/anxiety the person still alive could feel if the other person is fading and they're not.

What if the other person- or you decides to call for help part way through- or, decides against it before you start?

There's also the obvious one that- people may well not be who they claim to be here. I think people have lost money and even been raped and murdered trying to partner with someone who turned out to either be a fraud or a predator. Revealing your real identity and agreeing to meet anyone from the internet carries risks. I haven't heard of it but you have to wonder if law enforcement ever try to trap people this way- although, probably not.

Really, I guess it all comes down to risk. It could go well. It could go catastrophically. I just guess you have to do all you can to try and mitigate the risks if you intend to do it.

Personally- I wouldn't say- provide a lethal substance for both of you. I would expect them to source their own. I think it would be a very good idea for both parties to write notes saying that they alone are responsible for their actions. They acquired everything they used themselves etc. So that neither police nor families think they were coerced. I'd likely try and find out everything possible about the person- although- again- there's no real way of knowing on the internet. Personally- I think the risks outweigh the benefits but I have trust issues with people! I am happy for people when they find a partnership that works. I hope you can find someone.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally don't understand why anyone would risk the partners megathread on here as other people simply cannot be trusted and relied on. I think it's better to plan to die alone if one wishes to be gone.

Reactions: tpboy
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I believe that if you successfully partner up with someone willing to have as much responsibility that you pledge to take then it would be a very comforting way to ctb, knowing you're not alone during your last moments and you'll be able to leave with someone else without worrying about being saved because they share the same views as you, they won't save you.

Despite this, some people will still be inclined to save you despite the fact that they know very well that you want to ctb. Its human nature, unfortunately and I doubt it will ever change. This is why you should be careful deciding on who you will partner up with. In addition to this, your partner may be a dangerous person, they may pose a threat and possibly harm you in any way, preventing you from carrying out your ctb in the way you hoped you would.

I'm glad that this community changed the way you think about humanity and their state of mind. Glad we could help :).I'm sorry your friend ctb, I send you and your friend my best regards. And may your friend Rest easy ❤️🌹 :)