• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
Sorry about this being a messy rant, I just wanted to get it out. In the 3rd month of seriously considering CTB, I'm now in a weird, blubbery crying mess of a phase. For me it's strange, I've always been a dude's dude, rarely ever cried.

I've told my ridiculous story before here but I don't have a terminal disease and I'm not in chronic physical pain like many here, who I'm so sorry to, so maybe I just sound like a big baby. But I guess it's all relative because I'm in emotional pain and agony every single moment of every single day.

Something sexual happened to me when I was young and basically I've never been sexually attracted to women until about 3 months ago. I'm almost 35 now. Always thought they were pretty, but not in a sexual way, which I know is hard to understand. Basically, I always thought I was going to be alone because of that, so I basically just did whatever I needed to do to keep myself afloat. The concept of saving money or really establishing a career never materialized for me. Really stupid shit too, like I went to Europe a couple of years ago with $1,000 in savings after I paid for it. Something really bad could've happened out there, especially with the stuff we did like hiking, where I couldn't have even covered medical expenses or gotten back home. And I was 32.

I literally just never grew up. It's almost kind of funny in a way, all of that stuff, until I remember that it's going to likely end my life and if there is punishment for doing it, could affect the afterlife or reincarnation or any of it. I just didn't get it. I literally never wondered what kind of money other people were saving or how people bought houses or anything. I didn't know laborious and hard saving money can be, especially if you don't have a high income, simply because I never did it. I'm almost 35 and the most money I've ever made was $52k for a couple of years. The most money I've ever had in my bank account at one time was $7,000. And I was 23. That was literally the most financially responsible I ever was, the time I worked at a pizzeria and at Blockbuster Video (holy shit I got old somehow) during college and went into life after. And somehow I got dumber about it.

And I have no excuse, really. I'm actually kind of smart in other areas of life. Somehow that never crossed into the American workforce or finances. I've always hated office jobs but I could've even just been a bartender my whole life and been smart about saving money and I would've been totally fine. And other people have had sexual trauma that have been perfectly fine and successful with careers, money, and marriages and kids. For some reason I was just an idiot about it. And then I never thought about saving money not only for a future but for emergencies or anything. I didn't think anything like that would happen to me. I grew up watching tv shows and movies that told me everything would be OK. And I believed it. I didn't look at other parts of the world that are starving and suffering. I didn't think about people like the ones who are here who are suffering. I was one of those assholes who never thought about people who were going through that stuff, so I apologize to people here too.

I didn't understand any part of life. What tears me up so much now is I think I could've been a really good husband and father. Now that I actually really want that for the first time, I'm accepting that financially I can't. I will never be able to give a woman the life she deserves of comfort and travel and exploring the world. I won't be able to give a child the awesome upbringing that they'd deserve. I could've given the love, attention, everything else. I see things now that I never did before. A home, a kitchen where I could cook for a wife with a bottle of wine waiting, family trips, playing with a little kid and just loving the shit out of it. I am years away from even saving a decent enough amount for it now, and I don't want to have a kid when I'm 40 because I don't want to potentially leave them alone at a not-so-old age.

It's done. I've learned all the lessons in life, what it feels like to want a family, what it takes to establish a good career and save money, to really truly love everyone and think about everyone in the world and to want to help people...and it's entirely too late. And life doesn't give a shit. If you don't figure at least the financial part of this out in your 20's, you're done. It doesn't matter what I know now, I can't change the idiot that I used to be. I know now I'd love to be a special education teacher and have a wife and kid...none of it's happening now.

There was a poster who said here once that she was grieving the loss of herself before she encountered mental illness and was going to CTB. I wish that had happened to me instead, at least she had a promising future. I'm grieving the loss of what I could have been and will never be.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mia Wallace, Superfluous, TiredHorse and 4 others
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
sounds like you are locked inside the torture chamber of the mind

What tears me up so much now is I think I could've been a really good husband and father. Now that I actually really want that for the first time, I'm accepting that financially I can't. I will never be able to give a woman the life she deserves of comfort and travel and exploring the world. I won't be able to give a child the awesome upbringing that they'd deserve. I could've given the love, attention, everything else. I see things now that I never did before. A home, a kitchen where I could cook for a wife with a bottle of wine waiting, family trips, playing with a little kid and just loving the shit out of it. I am years away from even saving a decent enough amount for it now, and I don't want to have a kid when I'm 40 because I don't want to potentially leave them alone at a not-so-old age.

you are romanticizing..
this is pure torture.

do old couples look happy to you ? they look restless and empty to me. Either that or they look like they are trying hard ( to be/act happy and carefree).

the only sad part about not experiencing these things is the fact that you are missing out on a chance to realize directly for yourself that in reality, these things mean nothing to you. Going blindly into things thinking that they will bring us serenity and ending up disillusioned is the story of humanity.
Disillusion and disenchantment is what's waiting, no matter what path one chose in life ( unless one looks within ) and 'happy' people are no exception.. they are fooling themselves and everyone else who isn't looking closely.

if you are going to die, at least try not to die with these ugly lies in you.

frustrates me sometimes.. watching so many people suffer over these empty things. normal people are as 'miserable' as everyone here

Last edited:
Reactions: throwaway777, AtomicNewt and Faraway1990
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I'm grieving the loss of what I could have been and will never be.
I had much of what you now wish for, and stupidly burned it all down half way to the finish line. All the dreams are shattered. All that I could have had will never be. At 49, there isn't time to start over, either.

Reactions: Faraway1990
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
sounds like you are locked inside the torture chamber of the mind

you are romanticizing..
this is pure torture.

do old couples look happy to you ? they look restless and empty to me. Either that or they look like they are trying hard ( to be/act happy and carefree).

the only sad part about not experiencing these things is the fact that you are missing out on a chance to realize directly for yourself that in reality, these things mean nothing to you. Going blindly into things thinking that they will bring us serenity and ending up disillusioned is the story of humanity.
Disillusion and disenchantment is what's waiting, no matter what path one chose in life ( unless one looks within ) and 'happy' people are no exception.. they are fooling themselves and everyone else who isn't looking closely.

if you are going to die, at least try not to die with these ugly lies in you.

frustrates me sometimes.. watching so many people suffer over these empty things. normal people are as 'miserable' as everyone here

I don't really think all of that is true. I think some are miserable and feel trapped with the life they ended up having with someone they don't actually love or had kids too early and don't feel like they can do what they want to.

But as hard as it is sometimes to come to grips with because of where a lot of us are in life...there are a lot of happy, successful people with families they love.

Reactions: TiredHorse
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
there are a lot of happy, successful people with families they love.

you are still defending these thoughts.. the same thoughts that drive you insane and put you at war with yourself.

I understand what you mean by that. I really do.
But it's the same people I call miserable.

You are right when you say that they are happy, they truly are. But happiness is not what you think it is. there is nothing to envy about this feeling or any feeling for that matter.

people everywhere are stuck with their attachments to thoughts, emotions and feelings (whether it is happiness, sadness, peace, indifference, joy, emptiness and so on)

Nobody bothers to know about the one behind these feelings, the space in which these feelings arise.

In your life, you will experience a particular range of feelings, thoughts and emotions. And this never stops. When your circonstances are 'good', you will start to experience a different range and emotions, thoughts and feelings. but still, you are stuck in this game, you are attached to outside circonstances, to Outcomes. But you are still a slave,slave of your thoughts, a motions and feelings and circonstances. That's what I mean by miserable.

It never stops, there is no arriving when one is identified and fooled by the apparences that emotions, thoughts and feelings take. It looks like you may arrive, but you never arrive and the search never stops because thoughts, feelings and emotions never stay constant. They are completely dependent on external/internal factors.

You think you exist only when you are experiencing a particular set and range and thoughts, emotions and feelings. You think it's only possible to breath when you are apparently happy. So you hold your breath when you are apparently unhappy.
You are holding your breath now. Your only suffering comes for holding your breath when you can, in fact, breath.

Suffering feels suffocating. You try and try to fight and win against your demons but no matter what you do, you are stuck. You are stuck because you are trying to solve problems that aren't there in the first place. This is madness.

This is why some people chose to die a painful death by throwing themselves in traffic, or immolating themselves alive or creating mass shootings, being eaten alive etc. It's because they spend so many years fighting inexistant demons, that in the end, they need a state of actual chaos to be able to relieve all this accumulated, unnecessary tension.

but you probably still won't understand .. humans are deep into confusion, it goes beyond everything you can imagine or are willing to accept. the confusion runs truly deep. It's like an onion that you keep peeling and peeling. Every beliefs and thoughts they hold are based on false prémisses. You go from false prémisses to false premisses. And the deeper you go, the subtler it gets.

it does not mean that committing suicide because of this is wrong. Since the laws of nature allow for it it cannot be ultimately wrong.

this is to introduce you with a different perspective, but if you are fine with your actual one and think you benefit more from it, then it's okay too. Just ignore this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mia Wallace