maneose

maneose

Sep 10, 2023
i've come to terms with the possibility of survival, whatever comes after death, and just death in general. but the one thing i can't shake has been the possibility i will immediately regret it. i guess it's because of the interview with the man who jumped off the golden gate bridge and survived and recalled that he was hit with instant regret. i don't know how to curb my fear of this, the concept is so terrifying it's given me a level of anxiety i haven't felt in years. like realistically i feel like i won't regret it but there's the part of my primal body that screams i will. does anyone else feel this way or think of things that can lessen my fear?

limeoctave

limeoctave

welcome home old friend, how was your life?
Mar 24, 2024
i like this: "Suicide is the only decision you can't regret."

• Love
Reactions: maneose
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023
I don't think it's really a regret, more like a uncontrolable natural response of the body acting against you and the survival instincts kicking in.

Ofcourse you won't feel calm during a 245 ft long free fall. Your brain will be like, oh shit I'm falling and my skull is gonna get splattered all around the place I don't want to do this.

Determination and commitment to the last step is what counts, anything opposite what might come afterwards is just the meat suit doing what it's designed to do - survive.

• Love
Reactions: maneose