Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Is that the false platitudes telling each other how wonderful they are and how it's going to be ok are followed with "when you die"

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Nightmare, Paloma and 16 others
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
Whilst most here would say it's pro-choice, that doesn't seem to be the reality. It's very skewed towards pro-death, which is fine, I just wish people would at least admit it.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Taylored, Paloma and 14 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
It's about options, I don't think people here are encouraged to kill themselves !

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Paloma, Deafsn0w and 8 others
Rex

Rex

Lonely af
May 25, 2018
It's about options, I don't think people here are encouraged to kill themselves !
You're right, it's actually a rule to not encourage.

We're a pro-choice forum from an admin/mod perspective, what people say is beyond our control, we can only moderate and enforce the rules and use our judgement after a person has posted.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Paloma, Red star and 12 others
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
I understand what you're saying but that is NOT always the reality. If you try to provide advice, different options or support that doesn't include death, some members here get upset, defensive and call you pro-life. The example I'm thinking about involved a 15 year old the other day.

Is that what you're referring to as well? @Mr2005

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Paloma, Deafsn0w and 7 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I see this place as pro-choice the way it should be! I wish the Row. v. Wade folks would get on our team. My body, my choice!

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Going Home, Deafsn0w and 6 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Whilst most here would say it's pro-choice, that doesn't seem to be the reality. It's very skewed towards pro-death, which is fine, I just wish people would at least admit it.
I wish they'd admit a lot of things

Reactions: Uranus, Deafsn0w, your pathologist and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I understand what you're saying but that is NOT always the reality. If you try to provide advice, different options or support that doesn't include death, some members here get upset, defensive and call you pro-life. The example I'm thinking about involved a 15 year old the other day.

It's an example

Reactions: Uranus, Deafsn0w, your pathologist and 2 others
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
We are pro life aswell when your life is worth living. But if your life isn't worth living then I don't see why death isnt the most logical conclusion.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Nightmare, Paloma and 10 others
Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018

i totally agree with u
along side really suicidal people
im pretty shure there are maniacs whatching these and enjoying there stay
pretty shure..

Reactions: Taylored, Deafsn0w, your pathologist and 1 other person
scales

scales

Resident Slime
Oct 18, 2018
We are pro life aswell when your life is worth living. But if your life isn't worth living then I don't see why death isnt the most logical conclusion.

I agree with you. I just think the argument many pro-lifers make is that if you feel your life isn't worth living it is a mental illness, and in so doing they invalidate the experiences the other person has and assume it's a phase or passing fancy. It may be, but it may not be and since you can't be sure it's not good to assume.

I think a lot of people who have tried to express their frustrations are so used to being invalidated that when someone on a forum like this suggests another option it's taken as further invalidation of their experiences even if it's not meant to be taken that way.

Reactions: Manaaja, Deafsn0w, your pathologist and 4 others
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018

No it's skewed towards pro choice. People still ask you are you sure etc, I hope we didn't push you over the edge etc Pro choice would be it's completly up to the individual we encourage your choice either way, pro death would be trying to convince people to kill themselves etc

Reactions: Deafsn0w, throwaway777, lv-gras and 3 others
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
I agree with you. I just think the argument many pro-lifers make is that if you feel your life isn't worth living it is a mental illness, and in so doing they invalidate the experiences the other person has and assume it's a phase or passing fancy. It may be, but it may not be and since you can't be sure it's not good to assume.

I think a lot of people who have tried to express their frustrations are so used to being invalidated that when someone on a forum like this suggests another option it's taken as further invalidation of their experiences even if it's not meant to be taken that way.

Suicide is not a mental illness and experts have known that since the start of psychology and easily proved it. Many people think it is, however many people are uniformed idiots believing drug company propaganda etc. Just like in the past doctors actually believed opioid were not addictive, cigs were good etc. People aren't much more guilable than you think.

Reactions: Manaaja, Deafsn0w, throwaway777 and 4 others
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018

Where I stand is that there is potential for some people to be able to change the quality of their life for the better. So unless a person in my opinion has atleast tried different methods to improve the quality of their life then there still may be hope and I can see the pro life stand point at that angle but when a person has tried everything in their capability and their quality of life still doesn't improve or get worse then suicide is the best option.

It just amazes me how people try to make assumptions on people they don't know and their situation. That's the one thing about pro-lifers that bugs me. They seem to disregard anything that supports death.

Reactions: Red star, Deafsn0w, your pathologist and 2 others
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
We are pro life aswell when your life is worth living.

Well said.

If you want to keep going through this hell, more power to you. But I shouldn't have to. Like it or not, we sure as hell weren't all created equal. Some of us are tortured all to hell and always will be. We need out.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, throwaway777, lv-gras and 2 others
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Well said.

If you want to keep going through this hell, more power to you. But I shouldn't have to. Like it or not, we sure as hell weren't all created equal. Some of us are tortured all to hell and always will be. We need out.
Very true. I plan on leaving next Thursday.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, your pathologist and scales
scales

scales

Resident Slime
Oct 18, 2018
Suicide is not a mental illness and experts have known that since the start of psychology and easily proved it. Many people think it is, however many people are uniformed idiots believing drug company propaganda etc. Just like in the past doctors actually believed opioid were not addictive, cigs were good etc. People aren't much more guilable than you think.

Hmm I think that depends on the definition of mental illness. In psychology the idea of mental illness is very subjective. There is this belief that for something to be considered a disorder it must be a deviance from the norm for that specific society. In other words, if everybody was cutting themselves it would be considered perfectly normal but if only one person was cutting themselves it would be considered abnormal and deviant.

What I mean by that is... pretty much everything can become a mental illness based on society's definition. Sometimes the best and most sane people are considered mentally ill when in fact, they are the ones who are right! Like Galileo who was killed for his belief about the sun.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, LifeSick, lv-gras and 2 others
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Hmm I think that depends on the definition of mental illness. In psychology the idea of mental illness is very subjective. There is this belief that for something to be considered a disorder it must be a deviance from the norm for that specific society. In other words, if everybody was cutting themselves it would be considered perfectly normal but if only one person was cutting themselves it would be considered abnormal and deviant.

What I mean by that is... pretty much everything can become a mental illness based on society's definition. Sometimes the best and most sane people are considered mentally ill when in fact, they are the ones who are right! Like Galileo who was killed for his belief about the sun.
very true.

When the term mental illness is used people tend to think along the lines of brain abnormalities/insanity. That's actually quite rare to have that pop out of nowhere. On average people don't just go mentally ill without previous factors that led them to that point.

So what I'm saying is the more of a shitty life you have the greater % of you developing mental illness.

Reactions: Red star, Deafsn0w, lv-gras and 2 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018

Using someone's age as a criterion to determine whether you give them the information they desire counts as prejudice, doesn't it? (Please don't respond with statements like 'So would you tell a 5 year old how to kill themselves?' because that dodges the point, which is that you can't just invalidate a teenager's right to ask a question and expect an answer on a forum meant to freely spread information so that people can choose.)

Yeah, I do feel sad to see teenagers on this site, but let's not confuse providing other options with withholding information.

Reactions: your pathologist, Deafsn0w, throwaway777 and 2 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
This forum is pro-choice, most members are pro-death, and are very self-centered. We all have our problems here. This is not a good place to be if you want a good reason to stay alive. There're many such places out there.

But even I have been helped by people here, and I tend to be very self-reliant. People here actually give useful advice, without the hidden assumption that life is inherently worth living.

Reactions: your pathologist, Deafsn0w, Trashcan and 7 others
M

midastic

Student
Sep 1, 2018
I see this place as pro-choice the way it should be! I wish the Row. v. Wade folks would get on our team. My body, my choice!
The ironic thing is that Roe herself later became a pro life advocate after that case.

Reactions: Taylored, your pathologist, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Pro-LIFE_o_44552.jpg

Reactions: your pathologist, Deafsn0w, Arak and 5 others
Donna

Donna

Feeling so deep become our graves
Oct 5, 2018
i totally agree with u
pretty shure..
Yeah I have the exact feeling

Reactions: your pathologist, Philip and Deafsn0w
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
This forum is pro-choice, most members are pro-death, and are very self-centered. We all have our problems here. This is not a good place to be if you want a good reason to stay alive.
Ain't that the truth

Reactions: your pathologist, Uranus and Deafsn0w
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Hmm I think that depends on the definition of mental illness. In psychology the idea of mental illness is very subjective. There is this belief that for something to be considered a disorder it must be a deviance from the norm for that specific society. In other words, if everybody was cutting themselves it would be considered perfectly normal but if only one person was cutting themselves it would be considered abnormal and deviant..
Spot on. What's normal is just the consensus, doesn't mean it's right. People can be convinced of anything. My views are a deviation from the norm here and the natural reaction is attack, attack, attack

Reactions: your pathologist, Uranus, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
i totally agree with u
pretty shure..
There's some horrid people here. That's why I 'm not going to kiss anyones backside. It's fake and insincere because people are desperate to be part of the click since they've failed at that in life. There is nothing anymore uniquely special about people here than the average person on the street. All the things wrong with society can be seen here too. The us vs them mentality has to stop. At the moment I 'm on my own fighting a losing battle because they aren't interested in looking outside of themselves and taking the time to see where I'm coming from. It's an opportunity to feel better about themselves by making the outsider feel more isolated. This is why I hate being judged so quick. I understand them more than they understand me. It says quite a lot about human behaviour and it's pretty bleak. They might not be bad people but there problems make them act like one. All I want is people to be honest with themselves and stop lashing out at me when I 'm only trying to help

Reactions: your pathologist, lady_godiva, Uranus and 4 others
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Pro death metal

Reactions: your pathologist, Deafsn0w, Sayo and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Lol

Reactions: your pathologist, Uranus and Deafsn0w
A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
It is pro choice, so far.
You say you want to live. No censoring.
You say you want to die. No censoring.
You ask for method. No censoring.
You ask for advice and where to seek theraphy. No censoring.

But there are some trolls who want everyone to die. They are always banned quickly.

However, coming in here saying "You don't have a right to die because life is a gift. Or because X reason. Just my opinion" is bound to piss someone off and get them to argue with you.

Not attacking and bullying you. But arguing with you. Because you literally attacked them. Saying they don't have a right to die. Saying "just my opinon" doesn't do anything. That's not how it works.

You don't say offensive things, add "just my opinion" and whine when people call you out. Then you call them trolls and hostile.

Basically, you can do whatever you want to yourself. No one here will censor you or attack you.(other than the true trolls who only last a little while) So it is pro choice.

However, telling others what they should be able to do or not is bound to get some people who disagree.

If you want to avoid confrontation. Don't talk about what others should do.

Reactions: WorthlessTrash, your pathologist, Donna and 4 others
A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
And also. Many people here feel that life is objectively not worth living. That is why they are suicidal.

So they will argue with you about that if you start that conversation.

But not even I, who hate everything, would suggest or push people to ctb. No one I've seen here does that. Not 1 thread. Unless they were trolls who got banned. And those are obvious.

Sharing information with people is done out of sympathy since we also needed information at some point and there was someone who helped, or maybe there wasn't and it sucked.

But yes. Many people here are actively suicidal and fighting the survival instinct. Basically at the last stage.

So this is not a good place for someone looking for attention or reasons to keep living. Those people can go to family, friends, and anyone else besides here basically.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, your pathologist, Donna and 4 others