N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't have much knowledge. I read Elon Musk promotes them. A German product security official said he hopes Musk won't develop cancer because of taking the injections. But he is a German afterall maybe he is just one of those fearmongerers.

I don't have weight problems. But as a teenager it could have been very useful. I think the appetite decreases especially for unhealthy food. More interesting for me would it have been if you can eat what you want with no negative impact. Well if this becomes true I want that.

In Germany there is a debate whether health care insurances should have to pay for it. But only for severely obese people. Not as a lifestlye product. In general this trend has negative side effects for people with diabetes who are dependent on that medication. Well this is seemingly what unhinged capitalism looks like.
I read once you stop taking the injection your weight will increase again. So it is for now only a gift for rich people rigging the game even more in their favor. If transhumanism will become a major thing also the rich will be the ones who profit the most.

Maybe you can spread more knowledge. It is a fancy product but you cannot eat what you want which makes it not that useful for me.

Reactions: sserafim
iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
i mean, most weight loss "products" are all bullshit to begin with. Calories in and calories out over a period of time is way simpler and easier. Or eat what you want and just workout, or both. I don't really think taking pills or getting injections or buying a product for it really falls in line with a transhumanist perspective to begin with. Like vaguely, yes, improving your life through tech etc is something I advocate for but I also think in action outside of a hypothetical or theoretical context it's kind of a cop-out for certain issues, like if you don't have the willpower to do something thats 100% achievable without the use of tech, then you probably wouldn't take advantage of or be symbiotic with the tech you implement in your life to begin with. Which isn't improvement. Or helpful, since you're just masking the issue. All the psychological affects would still plague you even if the situation is as simple as "im fat, now i take these injections and im not" because there are obvious drawbacks. You didn't achieve it yourself, still crave food you'll never be able to eat again, etc

Reactions: LoiteringClouds and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
O o o ozempic (in my head due to annoying ads)

I don't have weight problems either, but I've heard about these drugs due to the infuriating commercials (in which the music gets stuck in your head) and articles on the DailyMail. Jokes aside, personally I believe that they're unsustainable methods to lose weight, because if you go off of them you gain all of the weight back (or even more). I heard that they also accelerate aging. I think that people shouldn't resort to drugs for weight loss and instead should develop, incorporate and practice healthy lifestyles and eat healthy diets, like protein, fruits and vegetables. Food should be nourishment for the body and soul. Trash/junk food on ozempic is still trash, doesn't change the fact that it's inherently unhealthy. People who are looking to lose weight should also eat less calories than they burn/consume. Carbs (which are already/literally sugars), processed foods and sugar (which is literally pure glucose which is literally energy) are the number one killers. I don't believe all the slander about fat(s), I think that was invented by the sugar corporations and lobby.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and noname223