• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
Does any one else have fond nostalgic memories of these two movies ?

I saw the first Never Ending Story for the first time when I was about 9 in 1992 and saw the second one not long after

Despite changing the actors to play the same characters in the second movie , I still loved it as a kid

• Love
Reactions: Dawn0071111, oopswronglife, binturong and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Such a coincidence! I got a sudden urge to rewatch that last night. Haven't done it, but I think I might right now.

The first one has always been one of my favorite movies. I grew up with it, and even as an adult, I still feel the same way I did when I first watched it.

So many feels... Artax in the Swamp of Sadness never fails to bring me to tears. And the Rock Biter with his big, good, strong hands... And the Southern Oracle... still creepy as fuck. Atreyu was my first crush (I was about 6 when that movie came out) LOL

The sequels can go to hell.

I loved the book, though.

Reactions: oopswronglife and Onomotopoeia
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
I enjoyed them both and watched them multiple times when i was younger.

I tried to re-watch for nostalgia's sake but those movies do not hold up well.
Such a coincidence! I got a sudden urge to rewatch that last night. Haven't done it, but I think I might right now.

The first one has always been one of my favorite movies. I grew up with it, and even as an adult, I still feel the same way I did when I first watched it.

So many feels... Artax in the Swamp of Sadness never fails to bring me to tears. And the Rock Biter with his big, good, strong hands... And the Southern Oracle... still creepy as fuck. Atreyu was my first crush (I was about 6 when that movie came out) LOL

I wish i felt the same way I kind of wish i had not watched is an adult for above reasons.

Oddly I was super drawn to the ancient one the whole concept of an ancient turtle who gives no fucks amused me

Reactions: oopswronglife and k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
It's one of the few that held up for me. I think that's maybe because I have such an emotional connection with the story and characters.

To be fair, I also still enjoy(ed before anhedonia took over) my favorite older video games despite shitty graphics, so maybe I just have a high tolerance for that sort of thing.

One of the reasons I was thinking about rewatching is to see if it could possibly spark any real feelings in me again. I need that right now so much.

Reactions: oopswronglife
Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019

I still have the book and think it is superior to the movies

There are more characters and the story is geared more towards adults who are searching for their inner child I think , rather than being a fluffy sort of fiction for kids like the movies almost are . There is no way kids will get the meaning of the book by Michael Ende

It is a shame that back in 1983-1984 during the first movies production , that they didn't have the technology to translate the character of Ygrmamul the Many to the screen . She is the giant spider thing that had Falkor captive and that is where Atreyu first meets him and saves him , rather than have Falkor save Atreyu from the Swamps of Sadness like in the movie . The Southern Oracle in the book is also different , as it is a invisible voice called Uyulala in a forest of Roman style columns , rather than a blue glow version of the yellow Sphinx Gate like in the first movie

There are many other characters and locations that the two movies left out like Groggramon the many coloured Lion and the multi coloured desert , Perilin the night forest and the more detailed Silver City that the second movie only brushed upon . The Temple Of a Thousand Doors , the three knights Hysbald , Hydorn , Hykrion and Hero Hyn reck , the Archaris , who are the creatures that weave the Silver City's silver from their tears , The Silver Sage Quequobad who is the Silver City's ruler , the mule called Yikka , the Star Cloister and the three deep thinkers (one with the head of an owl , one with the head of a fox and one with the head of a eagle ) , the Yskalnari , their Wicker work town and the sea of mist , Yor and the picture mine , Dame Eyola and many other characters and places that the two movies left out

I liked the second movie as a kid , the Silver City , Xayide the sorceress and the black metal giant things , the Orchard Forest and the seeing hand castle

Sequels ? There was only one sequel :

The movie that is titled The Never Ending Story 3 is a spoof comedy that is a piss take of the Never Ending Story 1 and 2

Last edited:
Reactions: oopswronglife and Painted Bird
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
There was also the atrocious animation and tv stuff. Probably best forgotten!

It's definitely one of my all-time favorite books. I had a special edition with red and green text, but it was lost in a house fire. I always meant to buy another copy, but I never got around to it. Not really any point anymore.

Anyway, I'd always hoped they'd get the rights to do more with the series, but I guess that'll never happen. I heard the author's estate specifically forbids it. I'd really love to see a modern take on it, though. That actually might have convinced me to stick around a little longer.

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

Jul 26, 2019
i love those movies. i don't have a lot from early early child hood that made me really happy but that and dark crystal. i loved that movie too.

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
I enjoyed them both and watched them multiple times when i was younger.

I tried to re-watch for nostalgia's sake but those movies do not hold up well.

I wish i felt the same way I kind of wish i had not watched is an adult for above reasons.

Oddly I was super drawn to the ancient one the whole concept of an ancient turtle who gives no fucks amused me

This post made me laugh

Morla the ancient one certainly is an un-intentionally funny character . She also spoke to her self aa though some one else was there

Right now I think I am in her mind set

P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I watched the movie (1st one) in a cinema when I was a kid and I loved it. I read the book much later and I liked the book much better. I read that Michael Ende, the author of the book, hated the movie.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I don't remember the second one or know if I saw it at all. I do fondly remember Falkor from the first. Who wouldn't want a magical, smiling, flying dog(luck)dragon?

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I never liked them because of how unrealistic they were.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I never liked them because of how unrealistic they were.
Just out of curiosity, how old were you when you watched it? I was around six when it came out, and it spoke directly to my imagination. I just never lost that feeling.

Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
OMG! Favorite movie of all time! Followed by Lord of the rings.......... I hope that when I die I am carried to heaven by Falcor!!!!

That movie is a classic.

Still bawl my eyes out and want to CTB when Artax dies in the swap of sadness. Pretty much describes what everyone who comes to a site like this is battling..... We are all wading thru the Swamp of Sadness...the ones who CBT are the ones who sink and give in........ The quicksand of despair......

But yeah......... The Oracle, the Child Princess..... all about the inner journey.... Dope.

• Love
Reactions: k75