hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Today, as I sat at my desk at work, I felt the weight of yet another disappointment settle over me like a dark cloud. It was a feeling I had become all too familiar with in my life, and as I sat there, I couldn't help but reflect on the painful truth that had plagued me for so long.

It seemed that throughout my life, I had never been lucky enough to find an honest person. Most of the people I had encountered had either deceived or manipulated me in some way. Whether it was my colleagues, friends, or even family members, it felt as though everyone had an ulterior motive, a hidden agenda that they were too afraid to reveal.

Growing up, my father had been the most manipulative person I had ever met. He had never been honest with me, and his behavior had a profound impact on the way I viewed the world. He taught me to never trust anyone except for him, and as a result, I became isolated and distrustful of others.

As I got older, I began to realize that the few women I had met in my life had also turned out to be liars and manipulators. They had only used me until I became useless to them, and then they left without a second thought.

At work, it was no different. My colleagues and superiors made promises that they never kept, and they never showed any gratitude for the hard work I had put in. It was as though I was invisible, a mere pawn in their game of office politics.

I was exhausted from it all, worn down by the constant disappointment and betrayal. I couldn't help but wonder if there was anyone out there who would ever treat me with kindness and respect.

It was then that I remembered the words of Jordan Peterson, the therapist who had said that the world was a brutal place, and that we needed to become monsters to control it. But the thought of becoming a monster filled me with dread. I didn't want to become like those who had hurt me in the past.

Instead, I longed for a world where honesty and kindness were the norm, where people didn't feel the need to manipulate or deceive others for their own gain. But as I looked around me, I realized that this world was nothing but a pipe dream, a fantasy that would never come true.

And so, I resigned myself to the fact that I would always be alone, forever searching for something that would never come. It was a sad realization, but it was one that I had grown accustomed to over the years.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Fwompje, foreverfalling, CTB Dream and 4 others
thevaccumguy

thevaccumguy

Feb 14, 2023
Being the only person in your world, it's such a fucking curse. Feel you man .

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I've had a similar experience. Exceptions are rare, and they are often fellow sufferers of narcissistic abuse. I can't preach about any solutions because I'm still stuck in the same place.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
It's a brutal world. Honesty and kindness is a weakness in terms of survival. All the kind people have been weeded out by the selfish people that ensure their own survival. I'll probably weed myself out someday too. But yeah it is lonely having come to these realisations.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
It's a brutal world. Honesty and kindness is a weakness in terms of survival. All the kind people have been weeded out by the selfish people that ensure their own survival. I'll probably weed myself out someday too. But yeah it is lonely having come to these realisations.
Yes, because I finally realise i should not expect anything different in the future... I will just go with the flow and maybe this will make me less angry at life. I weeded out myself from the pool gene since I do not have kids and will never have, so it stops here for my genes. My half-brother did not have the same good sense and brought to this world two stupid girls knocked up several times at 15 and 17...