sunflowerfacingdown

sunflowerfacingdown

Jul 28, 2018
I was curious if anyone else has seen the 2016 movie "Christine" about the 1970s television reporter Christine Chubbuck who battled chronic depression and ultimately committed suicide by gun live during a news broadcast, and what your thoughts about the film might be or your thoughts about Christine herself and her life and actions.

It's a fascinating movie and really resonated with me in regards to how she struggled with depression and social awkwardness, and the frustrations she felt about not being able to connect with others and how others responded and reacted to her. I could relate so much to her and what she went through.

And of course her suicide interested me; the decision to do it the way she did is thought-provoking for many reasons.

This movie affected me a lot and I guess I was just wondering what others here who might be familiar with Christine's life and story, or who've seen this film, thought.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4666726/

Reactions: KCN, Laura, Iwant2sleepforever and 2 others
skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
I haven't seen the movie but I know about her and like you her story resonates with me

Reactions: Laura, Iwant2sleepforever, sunflowerfacingdown and 1 other person