Experienced
Jul 22, 2024
here's mine

• Yay!
Reactions: Imagined_Euphoria, DefinitelyReady, LifeQuitter and 4 others
endofline2010

endofline2010

Aug 8, 2024
I'd put my money on sites dedicated to toxic, self-destructive subcultures (proana, incels, etc). Those generally get me like "oh god how gruesome".
The reason I picked jobs and recruitinghell are there are people who are really smart, talented, and trying their best, and they are going to wind up on the street or blowing their brains out because of the shit economy, and even shittier economic system they are forced to live in..

Sites/subs dedicated to people who can't get laid are maybe sad and pathetic, but lack the punch of the real problems people are dealing with.

sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
The reason I picked jobs and recruitinghell are there are people who are really smart, talented, and trying their best, and they are going to wind up on the street or blowing their brains out because of the shit economy, and even shittier economic system they are forced to live in..

Sites/subs dedicated to people who can't get laid are maybe sad and pathetic, but lack the punch of the real problems people are dealing with.
Ehhh it's less me feeling sad that they can't get laid and more that A. a good chunk of them are going to kill themselves out of despair and self-hatred (the statistics on that are gruesome. guess who founded this site!) and B. the things posted there are incredibly disgusting (LOTS of violence racism extreme sexism etc) and/or incredibly depressing (stories about never experiencing physical affection).

Those subs have people who could be successful and aren't because of a system that can be fixed. Most of them aren't committing suicide after getting fired or having a crappy interview, from a quick read-through. That's upsetting to be sure but I don't find it especially depressing, personally

incel sites make me feel like there's something wrong with humanity if so many people can fall through the cracks and turn out like that. It's also somewhat close to home as an autistic dude with autistic family since something like 50% of them are autistic. Like, what if my little brother ends up there? My cousins? Are they going to end up utterly alone, full of hatred, and in extreme pain then CTB not because they want to but because they don't see a solution to their suffering? that's a very scary and very real problem to me

proana sites, again, make me question if there's something wrong with humanity. why is this still going on amidst body positivity being (supposedly) prevalent? why are young girls starving themselves to the point of near death and forming mental complexes over food? how is the messaging to children about the right kind of body to have even legal? it's horrific and again it just hits closer to home having had friends, SO's, and family members who struggle with eating

Scrolling through those kinds of sites is genuinely distressing and uncomfortable to me, while scrolling through those reddit subs is to be blunt "meh" at worst.

also- isn't this personal opinion? your take on what you think is the most depressing site is inevitably gonna be different than other people's, no need to debate lol

edit: woopsies giant paragraph. I was bored sorry šŸ˜…

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I used to find regular social media pretty depressing. Everyone boasting about how great their life was and how well they were doing.

Reactions: Eternal Eyes
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Literally any site... except this one because it's implicitly is embedded with suicide.