Mendex

Mendex

The Sleep of reason produces monsters
Jan 9, 2021
Life doesn't try to conserve energy, instead, life is about wasting energy. For giving an example the Sun is a giant source of energy, and all the excess energy has to be used up somehow... hence life! Life appears when the blind materials of earth become overheated by all the energy of the sun, and shaken into more and more complicated shapes, in order to consume all the excess energy.

The Sun is the source of energy. All the energy ends up being wasted, turned to "zero", nothing. Life is a thin, fragile, and very complex middle-layer between the Sun and the zero.

Life is really simple: it's about wasting energy. But life is anything but simple, since life has developed more and more complicated ways to waste energy. In order to waste the maximal amount of energy, it's necessary that life doesn't start wasting energy immaturely (by, for example, committing suicide), but accumulate and grow, before it starts to massively waste energy (by, for example, making babies, then dying and turning into a warm pool of rotten wasted energy).

Paradoxically, in order to waste a lot of energy, life must not waste energy immediately, and so it has to stay alive for quite a while. Thus, life has become more and more complicated, like a maze that keeps growing, apparently wandering further and further away from death, even though it is simply preparing for even more massive wasting of energy later.

This is probably the reason why people fear death, and also fear immortality. They fear death, because they need to accumulate energy. They fear immortality, because they need to waste all the energy at the end of life. An endless life defeats the purpose of life: to waste a lot of energy. (Entropy we could said)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, mini_weeny, Trannydiary and 1 other person

◄✵火✵〇°Ø•WÅR•Ī°〇✵火✵►

Student
Feb 22, 2021
Very interesting, informative and thought-provoking. Thanks for sharing! :happy:

I really do find this interesting so I don't have anything else to add...

Reactions: Trannydiary, Mendex and Blue Rose
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
The only thing I do know for sure if that my existence has been a massive waste of energy :D All my life spent fucking reading books and trying to understand the world for nothing now that it is ruined because of my health issues, so .... "better never to have been" really what a fucking futile endeavor life is.

complex systems do need more energy to keep going so the more complex the more energy but there comes a moment when the excess of complexity makes the system collapse under its own expensive energetic needs. No system can get complex-er forever just as there's no perpetual motion machines. Everything falls apart and dies in the end.
The only issue for us suicidites on SS is that complex systems have lots of redundant mechanisms to keep them working in case something fails so yes it's freaking hard to kill a human "complex" body because of these redundant mechanisms that will try to compensate the effects of any bodily harm. So, complex systems collapse very slowly which is bad news for all of us who just want a miracle death.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc