WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
A rhetorical answer to a rhetorical question.

• Love
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Celerity, Sensei and 8 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Awe-inspiring.
However, I still can't grasp the idea of something coming from nothing. I think our brains are "nerfed" so as to not be able to know the real answer lol.

• Love
Reactions: dreadpirateroberts69, Celerity, Mara09 and 6 others
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
I think our brains are "nerfed" so as to not be able to know the real answer lol.
Definitely agree! Who knows, we might just be part of a Lovecraftian cosmic horror story and knowing too much is not only not conducive, but also detrimental to our continued survival as a species. Given our limitless potential, perhaps it's Nature's way of putting hurdles in our quest for knowledge. "Human too OP, pls nerf."

The point I'm trying to make is that the above response (title of this thread) is that some try to dodge a question they don't want to answer by beating around the bush.

• Love
Reactions: ConstantBattle, Mara09, Lmd and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Definitely agree! Who knows, we might just be part of a Lovecraftian cosmic horror story and knowing too much is not only not conducive, but also detrimental to our continued survival as a species. Given our limitless potential, perhaps it's Nature's way of putting hurdles in our quest for knowledge. "Human too OP, pls nerf."

The point I'm trying to make is that the above response (title of this thread) is that some try to dodge a question they don't want to answer by beating around the bush.

Oh man, I love reading your comments and points of views so much!
Please, try to be tomorrow on the chat from 7pm on (-3 GMT), I'll be there while drinking and I will certainly want to have philosophical talks with you and the rest!

• Love
Reactions: death137, Ame and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Awe-inspiring.
However, I still can't grasp the idea of something coming from nothing. I think our brains are "nerfed" so as to not be able to know the real answer lol.
The truth is either there was a beginning and that it came from nothing or there was never a beginning. Either way its shocking.

You said in other posts that you wish to find out how life started and other answers regarding life/matter. I wish the same. We deserve an explanation haha.

• Love
Reactions: niki wonoto, SentientCreature, WornOutLife and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've always hated this answer, but only because there's little that can be done to refute it except to point out that it's repetitive but it's not necessarily untrue though.

Reactions: Celerity, SentientCreature, UseItOrLoseIt and 1 other person
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
I've always hated this answer, but only because there's little that can be done to refute it except to point out that it's repetitive but it's not necessarily untrue though.
Just reminded me I haven't included THIS cliché.

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
There must be some truth to that, seeing that I want to ctb because I feel my life has no meaning and no potential for meaning.

I think it speaks to the human condition. Nevermind the objective truth of existance. Our intelligence is confronted with structured chaos where everything has its place but nothing is secure or permanent. If intelligence was created in the evolutionary process it must be a tool for survival. Map the structure of the world, on our scale, to minimize the chances of falling down a cliff.

Point being: it's a perfectly natural cognitive bias to want to assign a sense of structure to life, since structure is all we can percieve.

Side note: if the world was made only from steep cliffs, Jesus would be a mountain climber.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: niki wonoto, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, SentientCreature and 1 other person
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
No it's to worship God

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Sensei

Sensei