whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
For those inclined to see beyond rutinary life:

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
no one got time for that what's the mandela effect
"The Mandela Effect refers to a situation in which a large mass of people believes that an event occurred when it did not."
where's the evidence of such mass delusions?

whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
"The Mandela Effect refers to a situation in which a large mass of people believes that an event occurred when it did not."
I spent years trying to prove it but it's exactly like every other paranormal experience: you either see it by yourself or you can't believe it happened. Very simple. Can't be proven but also can't be disproven.

Also I'm sure you've got plenty of time, you just think it's bullshit. It's fine lol

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I spent years trying to prove it but it's exactly like every other paranormal experience: you either see it by yourself or you can't believe it happened. Very simple. Can't be proven but also can't be disproven.

Also I'm sure you've got plenty of time, you just think it's bullshit. It's fine lol
come on then show me some coincidence where the Mandela Effect appears to be happening, i've heard of synchronicity being a thing where you keep seeing the same repeated numbers, colors, words, or images everywhere like 666, but i've not heard of any Mandela Effect events , maybe they all seen the same UFO but nobody would belilve them anyway

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
come on then show me some coincidence where the Mandela Effect appears to be happening, i've heard of synchronicity being a thing where you keep seeing the same repeated numbers, colors, words, or images everywhere like 666, but i've not heard of any Mandela Effect events , maybe they all seen the same UFO but nobody would belilve them anyway
I will actually, but it's been a long day. I will keep writing in this forum for a long time it seems lol Don't worry.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
okay i'll catch up with you tomorror or something, see if you can find any evidence for the Mandela Effect

Reactions: whatevs
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I've come across a lot of people who agree on certain things having been different in the past.

Almost like two different time-lines converging.

Reactions: whatevs and Message In A Bottle
N

NoahJuan

Mar 5, 2022
It's named after the documented phenomdnon where a large percentage of the population of the united states believed that Nelson Mandela had died in prison in the 1980s. Many claimed to recall watching stories about it on the news and reading articles about it in the newspaper. Even though that did not happen.

Nothing supernatural or metaphysical about it. Just a mass belief in misinformation.

Reactions: Smart No More and Darkover
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
It's named after the documented phenomdnon where a large percentage of the population of the united states believed that Nelson Mandela had died in prison in the 1980s. Many claimed to recall watching stories about it on the news and reading articles about it in the newspaper. Even though that did not happen.

Nothing supernatural or metaphysical about it. Just a mass belief in misinformation.
You are just ignorant about it. You probably don't even think anything supernatural or metaphysical can happen at all. The staunchest opponents of the ME are always arid, diehard materialists.

Also, you have your script wrong. The script the 'skeptics'' run is that we have faulty memories but we choose to believe they are correct, not that we are misinformed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shu and Message In A Bottle
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
We do have faulty memories. The madela effect is real. There are many incidents of it ans having viewed many examples I've seen some (not all) that I remembered as they are. This is also common. Some remember it correctly whilst many remember it in line with the madela effect. There's usually some overall logic as to why they happen which is often easy to see. Star wars is a good example "Luke, I am your Father". Is that the quote? Check again. It isn't. But as many spoke those words in relation to the film when referencing it the madela effect presented itself as people adopted that version of the line. Many die hard fans will remember it as it is. Another example would be the twin towers. People swear blind they saw both planes hit the towers that first day when in actuality there was no footage available of one of them that first day. It wasn't until the following day that footage was aired.

There's no benefit to hoaxing these phenomina. It's not orchestrated although, given the knowledge extrapolated of from this natural phenomenon it could potentially be adopted and used to some extent. It's not exactly a weapon of precision and endless possiblity though. The right circumstances would need to exist. Its more of an opportunistic deal. Damage limitation perhaps.

History is written by the victors. Its often untrue and scewed.

Memories to drift and morph over time. It's documented and understood. The reason for this is that our minds, when accessing memories, form a fresh memory that now lives alongside the original and melds with it. A memory of a memory. Of course orginal memories aren't always perfect. Some memories are aquired secondhand as our imagination fills in the blanks. With this comes potential for flaws which often slowly but surely contaminate the original memory. It's also significant in why people confess to crimes under duress because they're taken through the process over and over and eventually start questioning whether they actually did commit the crime. They come to believe they did in some cases and feel very real guilt over. They're incarcerated, sometimes only to be proved innocent without shadow of doubt years into their sentence.

Her'es na exlampe of hwo yuor brian plsastcity cna dajsut to siut a flwaed pcitrue adn ifll in teh balnks to cretae a recongsialbe pctirue. I'm seru msto of yuo rade tihs whti lttile to no plorbarm. The brain is plastic and adapt to fill in blanks or reagrange on thw fly. This can infiltrate memory. Particularly over time. Though it's not an absolute. There's much more to memory drift but it highlights at least the seed of what and how it can happen.

Being open monded to conspiracy is healthy. Believing all conspiracies is another story. Much like assuming that because you don't have an explaination for for something it must be paranormal. If the paranormal was proved by science it would no longer be paranormal or fantastical.

Last edited:
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
We do have faulty memories. The madela effect is real. There are many incidents of it ans having viewed many examples I've seen some (not all) that I remembered as they are. This is also common. Some remember it correctly whilst many remember it in line with the madela effect. There's usually some overall logic as to why they happen which is often easy to see. Star wars is a good example "Luke, I am your Father". Is that the quote? Check again. It isn't. But as many spoke those words in relation to the film when referencing it the madela effect presented itself as people adopted that version of the line. Many die hard fans will remember it as it is. Another example would be the twin towers. People swear blind they saw both planes hit the towers that first day when in actuality there was no footage available of one of them that first day. It wasn't until the following day that footage was aired.

There's no benefit to hoaxing these phenomina. It's not orchestrated although, given the knowledge extrapolated of from this natural phenomenon it could potentially be adopted and used to some extent. It's not exactly a weapon of precision and endless possiblity though. The right circumstances would need to exist. Its more of an opportunistic deal. Damage limitation perhaps.

History is written by the victors. Its often untrue and scewed.

Memories to drift and morph over time. It's documented and understood. The reason for this is that our minds, when accessing memories, form a fresh memory that now lives alongside the original and melds with it. A memory of a memory. Of course orginal memories aren't always perfect. Some memories are aquired secondhand as our imagination fills in the blanks. With this comes potential for flaws which often slowly but surely contaminate the original memory. It's also significant in why people confess to crimes under duress because they're taken through the process over and over and eventually start questioning whether they actually did commit the crime. They come to believe they did in some cases and feel very real guilt over. They're incarcerated, sometimes only to be proved innocent without shadow of doubt years into their sentence.

Her'es na exlampe of hwo yuor brian plsastcity cna dajsut to siut a flwaed pcitrue adn ifll in teh balnks to cretae a recongsialbe pctirue. I'm seru msto of yuo rade tihs whti lttile to no plorbarm. The brain is plastic and adapt to fill in blanks or reagrange on thw fly. This can infiltrate memory. Particularly over time. Though it's not an absolute. There's much more to memory drift but it highlights at least the seed of what and how it can happen.

Being open monded to conspiracy is healthy. Believing all conspiracies is another story. Much like assuming that because you don't have an explaination for for something it must be paranormal. If the paranormal was proved by science it would no longer be paranormal or fantastical.
Paranormal doesn't mean fantastical. You are starting with a misconception, which sounds a lot like you really believe nothing mysterious exists in reality and everything is just a coincidence. That is 'scientific' (not really) nihilism.

"Science" just means "demonstrable explanation". Eventually, my paranormal experiences could be explained, that is, they could be scientifically broken down into cause and effect, but they would still be paranormal as in piercing the veil of consensus/mundane reality. You start off from the idea that "Science" would always invalidate paranormal experiences when in fact if they are real it would just show their cause.

The problem is that the cause for people like you can only be psychological or physical, it can never be something else, you are closed off to reality, paradoxically, by limiting causes only to what the current paradigm accepts as socially acceptable.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Nothing wrong with indiference. Maybe a few poor word choices but it doesn't mean I'm closed to the ethereal. I just don't assume it exist because I'd like it to. It's possible. Probable even given the infinite nature of the universe. I've spoken about this before in relation to to ctb and what may be after because we just don't know and there's a whole lot out in that darkness we haven't seen let alone outside of it. Many are limited by their imagination and assume it doesn't exist. This occurs in very normal aspects of life. It's naivety. I'm not limited by my imagination or science as you accuse me of and I'm certainly not limited by what's socially acceptable or the paradigms around it. Though it would seemingly suit you to believe that. I just don't use something very logically explained by science already (mandela effect) to justify/prove the existence of the ethereal. That's not to say it doesn't exist. The two things are just unrelated. My opinions are irrelevant. Whatever you're chosing to assume they are.

My point, using the word fantastical was really (and I agree I could have worded it better) just to say that many people are attracted by the unknown (the fantastical as I initially put it) because it adds something more to life than their mundane existence as you quite rightly pointed out. The problem is that people start choosing to believe and then preaching it as fact because the alternative is just too unbearable for them to accept. The alternative being what they currently know as mundane and boring. However, once proven by science or any other means things tend to lose that appeal of the unknown and many then move on to the next thing because the novelty wore off.

Fwiw I'm entirely open minded. I'm just objective to a particularly strict degree. I won't assume or profess the existence of something I have assumed to exist. In fact I won't assume it and I think that's the main point. I'm a staunch realist no matter the outcome. Dull and drab as it may be. I won't pray to a man in the sky or fear the spirits around me or a slipping into a 4th dimension or that there are lizard people amongst us because some conspiracy theorist needs to sell books and merch. That said, I will entertain it in order to learn of it and make an informed understanding of it. If there's no proof then I guess juries out. Seem reasonable?

It's also worth noting that seeing is perhaps believing for some but the eyes and mind can be tricked and as I previously noted, many chose to jump a few steps to believe what they want to. I don't choose to do that. I choose not to. Sorry if that bores you.

Last edited:
Reactions: DynamicDepression