Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
Although I suffer from social anxiety, obsessive thoughts, depression etc., I don't fit the profile of a person who wants to ctb and sometimes it makes me feel that I don't belong to this site. But it feels so comfortable to be here. I feel free to talk about my issues and people seems not to be so judgemental like "outside people". I don't know if I'm expressing myself well, but I like accessing this site on a daily basis, it kinda helps me in some way. Does anyone feel the same about SS?

Reactions: Sensei, Garbage Person, antigone_iris and 8 others
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
Yes. What I also like about SS is that you don't have to be successful, socially, financially, occupationally, or otherwise, to be accepted. Society promotes ideas like "It's not about how you fall, but how you get back up." But when they display that, they only show people who've successfully gotten back up. What about those who failed? They still matter. And that's what I like about SS: you can fail at something, you can even fail at suicide itself, and you're still accepted.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, GoneGoneGone, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 5 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I like that people here understand the mindset of being okay with suicide. When I talk to people outside of ss about it there is always an underlying attitude of suicide being a thing to absolutely avoid. That isn't the case here.

Reactions: antigone_iris and Viro_Major
Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Wishing for eternal sleep
Oct 20, 2020
Yes, I'm glad to have stumbled across this site. Especially as I had enough of the pro-lifers on Reddit with their empty platitudes. Finally we can express and discuss a taboo subject here freely.

Reactions: antigone_iris
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Although I suffer from social anxiety, obsessive thoughts, depression etc., I don't fit the profile of a person who wants to ctb and sometimes it makes me feel that I don't belong to this site. But it feels so comfortable to be here. I feel free to talk about my issues and people seems not to be so judgemental like "outside people". I don't know if I'm expressing myself well, but I like accessing this site on a daily basis, it kinda helps me in some way. Does anyone feel the same about SS?

There is no profile or set of requirements that have to be meat in order for someone to be considered suicidal; anyone can suffer from depression or thoughts of suicide regardless of who they are - please do not put yourself down like that. Everyone is welcome to join this community, so if you are here and you like it: then you do belong here.

You are not alone in how you feel about SS. A lot of users would agree with you that this community is the only place where an individual can be honest about their thoughts. Whenever you open up, if you choose to open up, then you will find many people will offer advice that is often more useful and refreshing compared to the platitudes that you have/will likely hear outside.

Reactions: Sensei and antigone_iris
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
I like the people here but I still feel out of place, if I'm being honest.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Garbage Person, antigone_iris and 3 others
C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
Yes, I'm glad to have stumbled across this site. Especially as I had enough of the pro-lifers on Reddit with their empty platitudes. Finally we can express and discuss a taboo subject here freely.
I can relate, I also have enough of reddit. Suicide is a complex subject and I understand the "reasons why" it is not discussed on mainstream foruns, but I just don't think they are good enough reasons. If suicide was widely discussed at the depth that it should be the world would be much better. Well, at least that's how I see it.

Reactions: Pho3nix
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
This site has honestly saved my life. Truly it has. Its done more for me than any therapy could have. I'm so grateful to be able to access this place every day and be open and honest about my thoughts and feelings without judgment.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: puppy9, Sensei, Homecoming and 6 others
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
I like the people here but I still feel out of place, if I'm being honest.
I can very much relate. I like how I can post pretty much whatever I want here without getting flak for it, and most people are in fact really supportive. But even amongst us 'outsiders' I still feel like an outsider.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Garbage Person, antigone_iris and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I love this place for being incredibly genuine. People on here talk freely, not just about suicide, but about other controversial topics without being judged or censored. It's amazing. Before I came here, I didn't even notice how other online communities are so full of shi...ahem...of virtue signaling, same regurgitated platitudes over and over and censorship of anything with the smallest potential for controversy. Also, people on here are very intelligent. That's why I love this place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, antigone_iris and Ἡγησίας
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yes, I pretty much feel the same, though I don't suffer from social anxiety (only after many years of conditioning though, I used to).
The site and it's denizens help me way more than the professionals ever did.
However, I would add a caution: it's entirely possible to become addicted and end up chasing your tail here. Fall too much into the echo chamber and you will end up disconnecting even further from life. As much as I disdain modern society, I still think there is value in continuing to have relationships away from this place. Everything in moderation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, antigone_iris and 1 other person
Lux

Lux

Sep 17, 2020
Yes. I like having a place where I can talk with people in similar situations.

Reactions: antigone_iris
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Yeah because here it is not the norm to humiliate people for being in pain or impossible circumstances. I feel dirty for having bothered to talk to outsiders so they had ammunition to patronise the fuck out of me.

They all deserve a timed email to tell them exactly what I think of their intelligence personality and the clusterfuck their own lives are, but not worth it.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Garbage Person, Mm80 and 2 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I'm glad I found SS. The people on it are great (intelligent ,funny ,accepting and understanding)and I was made to feel welcome from the very start.

Reactions: Garbage Person and antigone_iris
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah because here it is not the norm to humiliate people for being in pain or impossible circumstances. I feel dirty for having bothered to talk to outsiders so they had ammunition to patronise the fuck out of me.

They all deserve a timed email to tell them exactly what I think of their intelligence personality and the clusterfuck their own lives are, but not worth it.
I laughed at that, I'm afraid. Not at you, but at how true what you said is, and the irony of it all. I wish I'd never turned to anyone for help. I'd have been better off on my own with support from others going through similar things, than platitudes from a bunch of presumptuous ignorant leech doctors. :pfff:
It shouldn't be that way and do-gooders would have us believe that its not. But in my experience, that's exactly how it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I laughed at that, I'm afraid. Not at you, but at how true what you said is, and the irony of it all. I wish I'd never turned to anyone for help. I'd have been better off on my own with support from others going through similar things, than platitudes from a bunch of presumptuous ignorant leech doctors. :pfff:
It shouldn't be that way and do-gooders would have us believe that its not. But in my experience, that's exactly how it is.

Glad that you laughed :heart: We live and learn, don't we?

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Glad that you laughed :heart: We live and learn, don't we?
It's a supreme irony for me personally...
I spent my early life as a very closed off individual. It took my mother's death, bringing my self and my siblings closer together and confiding in Mum's carers, to teach me that it was okay to open up and I didn't need to be alone. Then ironically, when I need to do precisely that and I listen to people's advice, I find that it's all bollocks and I'm better off mostly alone. The promises they make to 'be there for you' and 'be brave enough to seek help' are false. At least they were for me.
But hey, I'm also a smart-arse know-it-all and we are the worst patients. :pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
It's a supreme irony for me personally...
I spent my early life as a very closed off individual. It took my mother's death, bringing my self and my siblings closer together and confiding in Mum's carers, to teach me that it was okay to open up and I didn't need to be alone. Then ironically, when I need to do precisely that and I listen to people's advice, I find that it's all bollocks and I'm better off mostly alone. The promises they make to 'be there for you' and 'be brave enough to seek help' are false. At least they were for me.
But hey, I'm also a smart-arse know-it-all and we are the worst patients. :pfff:

They mean 'be there to make myself good because I am not you', at best.

I was 4 years old when the kids did not let me play and I thought about it a bit, coming up with: All of us are alone in the world, really. Should've stuck to that.

• Hugs
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020

Hello I can read you clearly. Absolutely! In real life I am struggling with everything and my morale is low but in here everyone is supportive and others are suffering their own issues and pain too so
there is always sharing of how it feels at the low end of life where people in real life dismiss us or call us nasty names. On here
I don't feel like the freak that I'm accused of being by my council landlord, just because they don't like me. I suffer with epilepsy and they have discriminated against me in writing. More than one staff. Here is my sanctuary. Though it is also necessary for me to take breaks. To find my iwn
Hello I can read you clearly. Absolutely! In real life I am struggling with everything and my morale is low but in here everyone is supportive and others are suffering their own issues and pain too so
there is always sharing of how it feels at the low end of life where people in real life dismiss us or call us nasty names. On here
I don't feel like the freak that I'm accused of being by my council landlord, just because they don't like me. I suffer with epilepsy and they have discriminated against me in writing. More than one staff. Here is my sanctuary. Though it is also necessary for me to take breaks. To find my iwn

Missed a bit. "To find my own inner balance."

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
There's such a large variety of reasons why someone would suffer enough to end up here, but I recognize that I'm surrounded by people who genuinely think and feel, that's why I'm here. Unlike other digital social grounds, you get raw human experiences here, the good and the bad. There's also a decent sensation of freedom of speech here, not so much bound to become a "safe space" or "hug box".

Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Deleted member 1465 and Good4Nothing