Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
It lights you up from inside... it's crazy. I guess you just connect with it. From inside, I mean like your spirit or soul. I start smiling, getting dimples, and look all happy/joyous. It's incredible. Anyone else feel joyous from listening to music? Like it just lifts up your inner man?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: jazzcat, woh6, Rocinante and 5 others
{ixo//}

{ixo//}

Apr 2, 2023
I kind of understand what you mean. For me, the world looks cold and empty without music, whereas with music it gains colour, and looks like a place worth inhabiting. Without music I would have most likely left long before now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante and Jaxveil
tera_forest

tera_forest

Mar 19, 2023
Totally. I always underestimate how great music can make me feel, though it sucks to be in those periods where all music is stale

• Hugs
Reactions: psp3000, Rocinante and Jaxveil
J

Jaxveil

The flesh is just a vehicle for the soul
Mar 27, 2023
Completely agree! Music is a passion of mine, both as a fan and as someone who enjoys creating it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante
Emptied_soul

Emptied_soul

Girl with a broken soul.
Mar 4, 2023
I mentioned it in another thread but i'd say for me music is a true life saver. Music makes me feel things again when i thought i was dead inside. Also sometimes i just put on my headphones and go for a walk and completely disconnect from reality, it's a great feeling. I will share a few songs in this thread as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante and That's Not Me
That's Not Me

That's Not Me

A cork on the ocean floating over the raging sea
Sep 14, 2022
YES!!! I listen to music absolutely all the time. Music can make you feel understood without saying a word. It is amazing. I am not very eclectic, but even the same songs that I have been listening to for years begin to change their meaning over time and as my mind changes. It is as if the music molds itself to me. The curious thing is that the meaning that the artist had in mind is almost never the meaning that the song has for me. It is so cliché and silly to say this lol, but it is true. There is one example where the meaning for me is exactly the opposite of what was proposed when the song was made. Originally it is a very depressing song about needing another person to live, but for me it means the opposite and always makes me a little bit more hopeful. I only listen to the parts that interest me:
Let the wind blow / Let the grass grow / Let the moon glow / On the fallen snow / Let the bees make honey / Let the poor find money / Take away their sorrows / Give them sunshine tomorrow / Let the bird sing / With the coming spring / Let the church bells ring / Let the rain fall
I guess in short I see it as "Live and let Live/Die". Let things happen as they should happen. Let people go their own way. In the end, we don't have much choice or how to change fate, so let life go as it should be. In art it really doesn't matter much what the artist meant. Why did I say all that in a random old post? I have no idea, but I did. Have a nice day.

• Hugs
Reactions: jazzcat and Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Going for walks at night while listening to music is my only escape from reality alongside sleep. Sometimes I just lie down, put something on, and stare at the ceiling. Long progressive tracks are my favorite, helps me imagine stories in my own head

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: murmur, That's Not Me and jazzcat