Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
It happened again. I was talking to a friend on the phone the other day and I inadvertedly let it slip that I wasn't feeling well. Today they called again and what's the first thing out of their mouth?
"Callie, you really should exercise more, it works wonders for your health, even a ten-minute walk makes a big difference. You'll feel better, you'll see."

I can't take it! I blow a fuse each time people dish out advice like that. I know they mean well. My friend is genuinly sweet but I just reached a point in my life where I can't stand these random pieces of advice dished out as if they were the Gospel (Not that the Gospel is the truth he he, but you know what I mean.)

It bugs me that people can't seem to be able to help themselves. They cannot listen without indulging themselves in this illusion of help.

Unless you are an expert on my illnesses, or I am on my knees begging you for advice, please, stop! I don't need Dandelion tea, or coconut oil or a ten-minute walk. I have seen more doctors than I can count... I'm very ill and no amount of tea or exercise is gonna ease my suffering. Back off!

(I wish I could say this to everyone who presumes to tell me what to do, but I am too weak and afraid of conflicts, so this post is all I got. Thanks for listening, fellow SS-ers. All the best to you!)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ProntoFim, budgie, Life sucks and 6 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
It's incredibly frustrating. And I always feel so guilty when I tell people how much I've tried, like I'm literally damning myself to hell.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Life sucks, Callie Arcale and LittleBabyNothing