toseeyousmile

toseeyousmile

Nov 23, 2020

You don't gotta watch the vid, it's a lot of pep talk really but I think he does bring up a good point.

This vid, I originally saw it in a meme and found it and sent it to a friend of mine because I thought it'd be funny to roast him but then he actually watched it and then told me to watch it and he kinda spitting some truth ong.

You know how a lot of people usually young, usually depressed loners, and usually not by choice too. I find that what I'm about to talk about applies moreso to young people. Idk if you watched the vid above but it's meant to bring your spirits up and motivate you to do something with your life right, this idea that "your life is waiting on you." The idea that typically well adjusted adults that are seen as good is because they're probably holding down a stable mundane job and got their life together right. Now think of the opposite, a person living a carefree life with no real attachments to anything, no particular obligations--their "life is waiting on them"-- they don't have that stable job, some responsibility that connects the you of yesterday to the you of today. I think this is the critical difference between a "normal" life to a not normal life, the thing that connects the them of yesterday to the them of today. Typically when young people are described as finding themselves or don't fit in where they are now, they don't have that one place, that one thing that will connect the them of today to the them of tomorrow. Eventually, after years of looking for some purpose that may or may not be found, they'll lose sight and ask themselves who they are, What they're doing with their lives.

For example, from the perspective of a corporate well adjusted boomer or something they'll probably see the soul searching person as a deviant and are probably wasting their lives. But well, you can't really help yourself or see it in that light. Like you should just be going to school, moving forward in life and not really stopping to ask any of these questions, who you are, what you're doing and why you're doing them, because the reality is that, so long as you've got something to connect yourself, for example, living life on the straight and narrow beaten path, go to school, have some friends, be social enough, get job, get family, etc. The answers to the questions you're trying so hard to get will reveal themselves to you...

Obviously there maybe nuances and a lot of other factors but I think that what I described, the feeling of being lost in life, of not knowing yourself, I think this is what well-adjusted people mean when they tell you to finish school or get a job or something, that the questions you're asking will eventually be answered and you'll prolly not be satisfied with that, and eventually you'll learn to just go with the flow...

Reactions: WonderingSoul and Ringo
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
I remember watching this video a while back. It's something I partially agree with, but I think there are people who are lonely and can't fit in for a reason. People usually assume that if you can't find any friends, then you're doing something wrong, when in reality that is just how it is for a lot of people. They're probably just the odd one out where there located or probably have some disability that they can't change and nobody really wants to be around them. Normies will always try to spin it around think there is no reason for someone to be alone and depressed mostly because they haven't experienced the same like someone in a completely different situation.

Reactions: toseeyousmile, demuic, ornitier199 and 1 other person
R

radioschizoid

Aug 24, 2021
Good video, too bad most people who would see this are too busy masturbating and watching Japanese cartoons and shitposting

F

Freedomindeath4me

Student
Apr 6, 2022
Toxic positivity bullshit.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, motel rooms and ornitier199
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Haven't watched the video but in my case it's better for everyone if my life is at a standstill because it means I'm less likely to contribute to the pollution that I know I won't care about. I also don't deserve to move my life along anyway for that reason and for many others.

O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
Toxic positivity bullshit.

Boom. Thank you.
And
They're probably just the odd one out where there located or probably have some disability that they can't change and nobody really wants to be around them. Normies will always try to spin it around think there is no reason for someone to be alone and depressed mostly because they haven't experienced the same like someone in a completely different situation.
Yeah.

C

CrescendoChiller

Mar 15, 2022
I think I can appreciate what seems like the core idea of the video (that you should prioritize being happy on your own and not let having 0 friends be something that drags you down). However — and I assume that this may be more because he's addressing to this to a more specific and relevant audience as opposed to being addressed to the average person — I feel like the message of "you don't need any friends in life. Friends are a problem and will bring you down. Learn to be self-sufficient and totally indepedent" is not a totally good one. I feel like most people are probably designed to require meaningful social relationships, and not getting that could result in negative outcomes. And so while I can totally understand the value of being self-sufficient and changing your perspective about being lonely to be looked at as a positive to motivate you to do things that really make you happy and become self-sufficient, I do think there should be some sort of preface that it's not unreasonable to have friends in life.