Desdemona

Desdemona

Oct 14, 2020
I think about this often. I grew up somewhat religious and I still don't know where I stand. Part of me wants to believe there's a meaning to this all but chronic illness and pain for the last two years has turned my life upside down. Life lost that magic feeling it had and I've realized we're nothing but animals that are slightly more intelligent than those we trap in zoos so we attribute "meaning" to things when in reality the meaning of life is to stay healthy for as long as you can, reproduce, and take care of your kids until they can take care of themselves.

i know that most religions teach us that CTB is bad, but really where do we draw the line. Is it only sinful if you make the decision to do it? If you die of an OD but don't intend to, do you still go to hell? If you go sky diving and the parachute doesn't open is it your fault for going in the first place? If you develop some horrible chronic pain condition and don't wanna be alive, is that your fault too?

i honestly don't want to die but I'm disgusted with life and what a joke it is for me

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, WornOutLife, FuneralCry and 4 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Is it only sinful if you make the decision to do it? If you develop some horrible chronic pain condition and don't wanna be alive, is that your fault too?
I assume you were raised as a Christian. Most Christians think it's a sin only if you are completely mentally healthy when you make the decision to do it. Most Christian theologians are aware that painful chronic illnesses make people depressed, & depression is a mental illness. I happen to know that most Catholic priests in Europe no longer deny people who die by suicide a proper Christian burial. Fundamentalists in America are, I assume, much more judgmental

Reactions: Desdemona, Pen>Sword, nolongerhuman and 1 other person
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Well it's not our fault our life's become unbearable. If I could I most certainly would choose a life where I don't have to suffer and don't have to ctb. As I see it there is not a lot of free will involved in deciding to kill yourself. I don't believe in god but If god had wanted me to stick around he shouldn't have made my life a living hell.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally don't believe in any religion, it doesn't seem logical to me in a world like this. I think there is simply nothing after death and life has no deeper spiritual meaning. Ctb isn't an horrible act deserving of punishment, it is often the only way we can be free from our suffering. Life has been cruel to us and has driven us to this. Things like chronic illness are not our fault and they often couldn't have been prevented. If a hell exists, it is this life.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, it makes no sense.
I don't think there's any punishment for ctb, I mean, hell? Aren't we already living in one?

I'm not religious (anymore) and I'm not scared of "what's next" but the pain.

J

JustAnumber

May 19, 2021
II would rather die in peace then live in hell.

Una

Una

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Feb 28, 2020

"Jesus was a suicide, if you ask me."​

― Marsha Norman

Reactions: motel rooms