• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
This may sound silly

But this movie has actually really pissed me off and made me angry at the world for some reason , if you can get past all the singing and dancing. It proves to me that society and most people value looks over most internal qualities and no matter how grateful and kind people can be , they won't ever " choose " you as a lover if you aren't attractive to them.

I honestly don't know what I was expecting from this movie , but the ending just made me really , actually , fucking mad.

When he loves the girl , does everything he can for the girl , and the girl still chooses the Prince Charming , and then at the end he's just okay with it ? Like this learned helplessness thing or maybe it's just a horrible ending ,( in my unstable opinion ), either way this movie is 100% going in any of my suicide notes, letters…… it's sticking to me like glue
, I just have a box of random ones because I haven't been able to write a concise one , with a beginning , middle , and end . I also don't want to be super formal because I'm not rly a formal.. person

It depresses me because it's just so sad , I'm not saying people shouldn't have freedom of choice and all . Not at all.

People can have preferences….

just found it overwhelmingly so sad for some reason …. Made me really upset and I was expecting them to end up being together , but maybe part of me subconsciously knew what was coming ,

Despite me not liking the ending I did like the movie , but I just think the ending made me more suicidal because I was like damn thanks for reminding me how much I hate this world and ( yes I know these are fictional characters ) 😅

But I am still incredibly uncomfortable with the ending and just mad. I don't know how to explain it.

Why is the world this way ………

The Hunchback loved Esmeralda ….. if he was attractive would that make a difference ?
Is that the moral of the story?

I don't know why I can't stop thinking about it.

why at the end did he just settle for being alone , I guess that's something I could subconsciously relate to…. But I just ….. hate the world.

I am completely aware this may all be irrational and unstable of me to say, and for that I apologize.

for some reason I identify with this hunchback character.

I don't know if the ending was supposed to be heartwarming in any way but …. It's making me so fucking confused shocked and sad.

I guess it's realistic though …..

Life's a fucking trip

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Throwawayacc3, DefinitelyReady and 3 others
DarkFriend.

DarkFriend.

Neverending Suffering
May 1, 2022
It's weird how this human life of ours works sometimes isn't it?

You should read Les Misérables, another work by Victor Hugo that you may enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: melancholymallory03
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Have you read the actual book? The story is VERY different.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: melancholymallory03 and DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
This may sound silly

But this movie has actually really pissed me off and made me angry at the world for some reason , if you can get past all the singing and dancing. It proves to me that society and most people value looks over most internal qualities and no matter how grateful and kind people can be , they won't ever " choose " you as a lover if you aren't attractive to them.

I honestly don't know what I was expecting from this movie , but the ending just made me really , actually , fucking mad.

When he loves the girl , does everything he can for the girl , and the girl still chooses the Prince Charming , and then at the end he's just okay with it ? Like this learned helplessness thing or maybe it's just a horrible ending ,( in my unstable opinion ), either way this movie is 100% going in any of my suicide notes, letters…… it's sticking to me like glue
, I just have a box of random ones because I haven't been able to write a concise one , with a beginning , middle , and end . I also don't want to be super formal because I'm not rly a formal.. person

It depresses me because it's just so sad , I'm not saying people shouldn't have freedom of choice and all . Not at all.

People can have preferences….

just found it overwhelmingly so sad for some reason …. Made me really upset and I was expecting them to end up being together , but maybe part of me subconsciously knew what was coming ,

Despite me not liking the ending I did like the movie , but I just think the ending made me more suicidal because I was like damn thanks for reminding me how much I hate this world and ( yes I know these are fictional characters ) 😅

But I am still incredibly uncomfortable with the ending and just mad. I don't know how to explain it.

Why is the world this way ………

The Hunchback loved Esmeralda ….. if he was attractive would that make a difference ?
Is that the moral of the story?

I don't know why I can't stop thinking about it.

why at the end did he just settle for being alone , I guess that's something I could subconsciously relate to…. But I just ….. hate the world.

I am completely aware this may all be irrational and unstable of me to say, and for that I apologize.

for some reason I identify with this hunchback character.

I don't know if the ending was supposed to be heartwarming in any way but …. It's making me so fucking confused shocked and sad.

I guess it's realistic though …..

Life's a fucking trip
Omg I can't/hate watching this movie because it's like watching my life on tv being broadcast and exploited or something. It's too relatable. It's so sad and depressing...

I actually caught some of the movie accidentally because I do like some of the singing (It's theater from Disney!) I don't recall all of the relationship drama, but it is sad that he just ends up alone again, and is content with it? They should've made a sequel and given him a girl...

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa, Kyrie Eleison
Sep 22, 2023
Omg I can't/hate watching this movie because it's like watching my life on tv being broadcast and exploited or something. It's too relatable. It's so sad and depressing...

I actually caught some of the movie accidentally because I do like some of the singing (It's theater from Disney!) I don't recall all of the relationship drama, but it is sad that he just ends up alone again, and is content with it? They should've made a sequel and given him a girl...
They did

• Yay!
Reactions: melancholymallory03 and DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
Ugh it's one of those shitty disney sequels. Well at least this one needed to be redeemed so there was a point unlike ruining some of the originals with sequels

• Yay!
melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
Have you read the actual book? The story is VERY different.
No I haven't , I could though.

What differs ?

I think there is a sequel but ….. it may be dry lmaooo. Some movies I feel shouldn't be " sequeled " but I guess that's off topic 🤣…..

I feel like the moral of the story is interesting though , however unclear it may be.
Not the point 😭😭😭
Would u say it's as reflective as the first movie ? Or just an attempt to give the character closure and the audience entertainment / satisfaction because he's like the " under dog "

Idk if that makes sense ,
I feel to be more informed I will watch the second one now ….. don't have much else to do for now anyways ….

Last edited:
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
Glad I'm not the only one being unhinged and pissed off by this. Banger of a movie and probably a highlight Disney's catalog alongside Hercules, but my god that ending was trash. I shouldn't have been shocked by it, but I was clinging to my hope for the "ugly guy" even after the kiss. The whole message here is, 'yeah, if you're ugly you may be redeemed if the normal people give you some publicity, but you still are not allowed to fall in love. Remember, you've committed the greatest sin of being ugly (being born). Cope.'
And if they changed anything with a sequel, I do not care. Their sequels are made to suck.

It did draw my interest towards the book, though, which I haven't read yet, but I'm sure it is wildly different from the Disney sanitization (which they still did great with). The thing is, I would expect a troubled ending like this with literature. But what frustrates me is that Disney had the perfect feel good setup, then completely dropped the ball on subversion.

• Love