GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I think I've rediscovered a hidden cause of depression and why many of the older people are on here need to look into this. For women it's called menopause for men it's called andropause. In both cases the bodies hormones go through a stage in which they downgrade sometimes leaving us feeling depressed, low energy, low sexuality, low well-being. The solution is simple replace those hormones with biologically identical replacements. Otherwise known a hormone replacement therapy with bio-identical hormones. People can either find these online, or at a compounding pharmacy.

I recently remembered this information years ago when I was studying how to get better due to my health conditions, I learned about this bio-identical hormone thing and I almost forgot about it. But it sparked my imagination recently because I used just one hand full of testosterone gel from my friend and wow it lifted my depression and my sex drive went through the roof.

Suzanne Somers an out spoken proponent of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and user herself.
Image result for suzanne somers

For Women
If your a women and found that your depression, and low sex drive came after menopause then it's likely linked to your lack of good estrogen and progesterone. What you need to do is either see an endocrinologist or better yet an anti-aging doctor and get your estrogen or progesterone levels tested. An endocrinologist will bring your hormones up to what your hormones should be at your age, an anti-aging doctor will bring your hormones up to a youthful level and trust me you'll want the youthful level. And if you don't have the money for an antiaging doc then it would be worth going to the internet to buy some estradiol and some progestrone for one month and see how you do before killing yourself. Please note there are 3 types of estrogen and estradiol is a very healthy form of estrogen. It's not to be conflated with weight gain necessarily.

Menopausal Depression and Increased Suicide Risk

Perimenopausal depression – an under-recognised entity

For Men
If you noticed a decease in sex drive after the age of about 40-50 then you might be suffering from andropause which is the male version of menopause for women. What you will need to do is either see an endocrinologist which will bring your hormones up to what your hormones should be at your age, or an anti-aging doctor which will bring your hormones up to a youthful level, and trust me you'll want the youthful level. It might be worth looking into progesterone for men too, that can actually be brought over the counter in some places off the internet without a prescription. Progesterone is actually a very male hormone too.

Andropause and Depression

Suicide and Male Menopause

If you have any questions I will be glad to answer. I am not a doctor but rather a seeker of truth.

If you don't care then you know where the nearest rope is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orin
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
This for real ?
Of course it is. Now I am not saying this is the cause of every single older persons depression, but this is probably the most common.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is an interesting read and it does make sense for most older people. The lack of sex (for men) does lower their quality of life, at least for a lot of men and also getting old isn't fun, with all the health problems and not being able to do what one was able to do in the past.

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Bioidentical Hormones - Oprah talks

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I've known about this but I don't think I'll be able to afford this type of treatment when the time comes. The state run healthcare system doesn't even offer this. They push synthetic drugs. You have to get this treatment privately I believe. Not sure if it's covered by insurance. It's considered a luxury I think. It shouldn't be but it is. The other one they should give women as well as men is testosterone. It lowers in women too killing sex drive.
If push comes to shove you could get on synthetic hormones at normal ranges from an endocrinologist, and insurance I think does cover that. It's not he best but it would be better than nothing.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Some types of cancer preclude the use of hormone replacement. I guess I know where to find the nearest rope :happy: (except that I honestly don't) :pfff:

Reactions: GeorgeJL
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I had looked into this but then I thought I might not be able to afford it longterm and u would want to be able to stay on it probably for a long time while u are still functioning well. Imagine running out and then all your shitty symptoms return lol!

Reactions: Egddios and Soul
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I had looked into this but then I thought I might not be able to afford it longterm and u would want to be able to stay on it probably for a long time while u are still functioning well. Imagine running out and then all your shitty symptoms return lol!
Assuming your a women. You might be able to afford it without a doctor. Note these are not affliate links, I don't get paid if you buy from these links.

(Bioidentical) Estrogen Estriol Cream. Supplements 175mg of USP Micronized, Bio-Identical Estriol- 3.5oz Pump. For Women during Menopause Amazon product ASIN B004XJIDEO
Progesterone Cream (Bioidentical) 4oz Pump of 2000mg USP Bio-Identical Progesterone. Paraben-Free, Soy-Free & Non-GMO. May...by Smoky Mountain Naturals Amazon product ASIN B00EB0AQA4
And for estradiol google - buy oestrogel 17b estradiol

If you can't afford all of them, then skip estriol and if it's still too much then skip progestrone. For most women estradiol is the main one you need to get followed by progestrone, then estriol. Estrone is the bad estrogen.

LifeIsNotFun

LifeIsNotFun

Mage
Jun 1, 2019
This is another big factor for women after giving birth as well, and a major cause of postpartum depression. They lose a lot of their vital hormones after childbirth, and thats why majority of women now ask their doctors to put their placenta into pills. So, afterwards they can ingest them to get their normal hormone levels back, and a result avoid postpartum altogether. If you look at the animal kingdom, a lot of animals consume their placenta after giving birth. It makes sense if you think about it.

I thought I would share a personal story about me. Due to my cancer complications, I stopped producing male hormones altogether. The cancer doctors knew it would happen, but didn't do anything about it. They warned me last moment, and around 26, I was feeling very weak, tired, and just not myself. I could barely make it out of bed, and or do anything. I eventually went to a BHRT doctor and my hormones were equivalent to that of a 96 year old man. The BHRT Dr was shocked and scared for my health overall. She also found out from my blood work I was in the 1% of the male population that carries a rare enzyme that converts T into Estrogen(just my good luck right?). My body shape was all weird, and I was gaining weight like no tomorrow, even though I was eating very healthy, and working out. She said I was prone to a heart attack, and other health realated issues associated with low T. A couple of months later I got type two diabetes because of the lack of hormones, and now I'm fucked. BHRT doctor visits, and the homrones itself were/are very expensive. It cost me nearly 500-1000 dollars a month, depending on the dose. Another problem I got while being on BHRT was an enlarged prostate, and as a result I could've got prostate cancer. So, now I'm off them, and I can't seem to win. Because of the diabetes I got a lot of damage(due to not showing symptoms for a long time), and as result I have incontinence now. It's effected my social life considerably, and I feel out of place out of many social gatherings, when I do go.

Another messed up part is the government doesn't cover BHRT at all, and expects people to pay extensively to cover the costs, and the government assisted hormone therapy is covered, but is not as good as BHRT. These things shouldn't be this expensive.

Just one of the many reasons I am going to CTB later this summer. In life it feels like I'm always stuck between a rock and a hard place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
This is another big factor for women after giving birth as well, and a major cause of postpartum depression. They lose a lot of their vital hormones after childbirth, and thats why majority of women now ask their doctors to put their placenta into pills. So, afterwards they can ingest them to get their normal hormone levels back, and a result avoid postpartum altogether. If you look at the animal kingdom, a lot of animals consume their placenta after giving birth. It makes sense if you think about it.

I thought I would share a personal story about me. Due to my cancer complications, I stopped producing male hormones altogether. The cancer doctors knew it would happen, but didn't do anything about it. They warned me last moment, and around 26, I was feeling very weak, tired, and just not myself. I could barely make it out of bed, and or do anything. I eventually went to a BHRT doctor and my hormones were equivalent to that of a 96 year old man. The BHRT Dr was shocked and scared for my health overall. She also found out from my blood work I was in the 1% of the male population that carries a rare enzyme that converts T into Estrogen(just my good luck right?). My body shape was all weird, and I was gaining weight like no tomorrow, even though I was eating very healthy, and working out. She said I was prone to a heart attack, and other health realated issues associated with low T. A couple of months later I got type two diabetes because of the lack of hormones, and now I'm fucked. BHRT doctor visits, and the homrones itself were/are very expensive. It cost me nearly 500-1000 dollars a month, depending on the dose. Another problem I got while being on BHRT was an enlarged prostate, and as a result I could've got prostate cancer. So, now I'm off them, and I can't seem to win. Because of the diabetes I got a lot of damage(due to not showing symptoms for a long time), and as result I have incontinence now. It's effected my social life considerably, and I feel out of place out of many social gatherings, when I do go.

Another messed up part is the government doesn't cover BHRT at all, and expects people to pay extensively to cover the costs, and the government assisted hormone therapy is covered, but is not as good as BHRT. These things shouldn't be this expensive.

Just one of the many reasons I am going to CTB later this summer. In life it feels like I'm always stuck between a rock and a hard place.
So sorry for your misfortune. If money is an issue then I know where you can buy testosterone online. Needles and everything.

Interesting about the placenta. I knew that it was supposedly good but I didn't know why.

Reactions: LifeIsNotFun
LifeIsNotFun

LifeIsNotFun

Mage
Jun 1, 2019
So sorry for your misfortune. If money is an issue then I know where you can buy testosterone online. Needles and everything.

Interesting about the placenta. I knew that it was supposedly good but I didn't know why.
I envy healthy individuals, and I wish I was in there body just for one day to feel peace of mind. In regards for more hormones, I need to get proper blood work done all the time, and at this time I'm just too tired to jump through hoops. I've jumped through many like a circus animal. I am tired of all the tests, being poked for blood all the time, and just tired of getting scans left and right. I honestly can't wait to CTB. I'm just tired of being tired. But thank you for the offer anyway.

Reactions: GeorgeJL
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I think I've rediscovered a hidden cause of depression and why many of the older people are on here need to look into this. For women it's called menopause for men it's called andropause. In both cases the bodies hormones go through a stage in which they downgrade sometimes leaving us feeling depressed, low energy, low sexuality, low well-being. The solution is simple replace those hormones with biologically identical replacements. Otherwise known a hormone replacement therapy with bio-identical hormones. People can either find these online, or at a compounding pharmacy.

Or they can get the generic version of AndroGel through their insurance for a mere $40 a year. I was on AndroGel for 5+ years and unfortunately it didn't help me, though I was desperate enough to keep using it, hoping that it might be doing at least a tiny bit of good. I gave that up 4 months ago when I found myself bed ridden and simply unable to shower (one would normally rub it on their shoulders after a shower).

I started testosterone replacement therapy as my testosterone was 284 back in the summer of 2013. That did boost T up to the 600-something range, though it entirely failed to bring back my sex drive. A total lack of sex drive is what originally motivated me to have my T level checked, as I thought it must be too low and it was.

Now lets me tell all the guys here just what testosterone replacement does to a man. It shuts down your own productions of testosterone. So this is not like adding a bit of oil to a car that leaks some oil out. If you add testosterone form an external source your testicles stop producing their own testosterone, and you get testicular atrophy (that means your balls get really tiny -- just like those athletes who abuse steroids, though unfortunately you won't get big muscles to go with your tiny balls).

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Or they can get the generic version of AndroGel through their insurance for a mere $40 a year. I was on AndroGel for 5+ years and unfortunately it didn't help me, though I was desperate enough to keep using it, hoping that it might be doing at least a tiny bit of good. I gave that up 4 months ago when I found myself bed ridden and simply unable to shower (one would normally rub it on their shoulders after a shower).

I started testosterone replacement therapy as my testosterone was 284 back in the summer of 2013. That did boost T up to the 600-something range, though it entirely failed to bring back my sex drive. A total lack of sex drive is what originally motivated me to have my T level checked, as I thought it must be too low and it was.

Now lets me tell all the guys here just what testosterone replacement does to a man. It shuts down your own productions of testosterone. So this is not like adding a bit of oil to a car that leaks some oil out. If you add testosterone form an external source your testicles stop producing their own testosterone, and you get testicular atrophy (that means your balls get really tiny -- just like those athletes who abuse steroids, though unfortunately you won't get big muscles to go with your tiny balls).
Luckily I have studied bodybuilding as well as hypogonadism (shrinking and lowered production of testosterone and other hormones by the testicles) The solution is to cycle with HCG. So this is how athletes and body builders overcome this problem. They get on testosterone for about 1 - 2 months then 1-2 weeks before they get off their cycle they inject HCG for 1-3 weeks. HCG is a hormone that boosts the bodies production of hormones both testosterone and estrogen. So it's totally possible to patch up that metaphorical hole in your oils tank with minimal side effects.

EDIT: By the way, I know where to get HCG online with a prescription. So if anyone wants it just PM me and I will tell you.

Last edited: