S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
How do you feel about it?

EDIT: if you're unfamiliar with it it's the logical consequence of the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Eventually will be no free, usable energy for work.

Last edited:
Reactions: DynamicDepression and PreussenBlueJay
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
I don't feel anything about it, it's too far away to comprehend and will not affect me in any way.

Reactions: Irrumi and PreussenBlueJay
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
Uneasy. I don't really get it but even if it's unimaginably far off it still makes me feel unwelcome.

• Hugs
Reactions: LivideLamb and bed
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
My thoughts, it used to bother me that there will be a time without a future (or future as we interpret it). Because I always liked that things changed and that new planets and species would come about.
Nowadays I really couldn't care less if all memories of this universe are erased. I struggle to see anything worth preserving.

I don't feel anything about it, it's too far away to comprehend and will not affect me in any way.
I would have said any other catastrophe which will erase humanity though our machines could easily survive far into the future. Ultimately HD is just serving as a full stop to everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and PreussenBlueJay
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
Seems lonely to consider the things that are left over from humanity like toys after we're long gone. You'd think it would be a liberating feeling knowing that everything will be washed away whatever happens but it's more just oppressive and sad in my opinion. I guess it's weird to both wish for permanence and desire that even the trinkets would disappear. Had you heard before of the idea of the Big Crunch? Lately the thought of recurrence has been weirdly comforting despite the futility.

S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
We won't be alive to see it. Too far ahead to comprehend. Sucks for the humans alive when it happens.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
It can't come fast enough

Reactions: deleted, Lost in a Dream, Alex6216 and 1 other person
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Don't worry folks, our despair will delay it.

puella magi madoka magica GIF

We won't be alive to see it. Too far ahead to comprehend. Sucks for the humans alive when it happens.
I highly doubt there will be any humans alive by that point.

• Yay!
Reactions: apple2myeye!, Lost in a Dream and Seeking_Peace
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
Nothing. That's literally billions years into the future, who cares about something so far into the future?

Reactions: Source Energy
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
It can't come fast enough

The heat death better hurry its ass up! If the universe itself CTB, then it would save us all the trouble, wouldn't it? Also, I think we'd need a bigger bus.

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
there probably won't be any humans alive in 50 years, either.
I wish. There will still be tribes of people suffering in the radioactive wastelands, of course having children to pass on the gift of life.

• Aww..
Reactions: OceanBlue, apple2myeye! and Alex6216
D

Deleted member 847

I feel that it's not my problem, but surely it's going to suck for all the immortal robots that will be living this event.
Maybe they can use black holes or something for energy, those last more than stars
I dunno

I just like that in the universe there's always some " force" that's stronger than you, the macho human being with the big ego, because you're respected in your social hierarchy or something, and this external force doesn't give a fuck about your narrative, and can and will kill you eventually. Curing that disease that is your parasitical selfish consciousness.
Can you imagine how much it would suck if nothing could kill human beings, not even nature?
You'd have this cancer called humanity everywhere in the universe
Yikes.
I don't want no hairless apes ruling the galaxy like in star wars
leave the galaxy to the galaxy

I just want these things to visit us one day and kill all of us. I really don't like the other members of my species. Maybe they'll spare me and make me one of them, so I can be fancy robot instead of a hairless ape . If not, I'll just be happy if they kill every one on earth that isn't an animal, even if that includes me.
Main qimg 494425ef8fda769ff387bbc32b6641f4 lq

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: deleted