D

dospi1

Nov 18, 2021
Camus once said that there is no greater philosofical dilema than suicide, ultimately he comes to the conclusion that suicide is the wrong choise because any expierence can be enjoyble and true freedom comes from accepting that the meaning is that there is no meaning, that suffering can be enjoyble if look at it the right way "one must imagine sisifus happy" he famously wrote, and even when i consider all that true it seems to be oblivious to the fact that sisifius couldnt chose, he was chained and could gain freedom by accepting his state but couldnt refuse it. but unlike sisifus we have a choise

We are all terribly free said sartre, free to commit ahy terrible acts we want, escaping the torture mill that life can become is a way of accepting ones fate, sartre claims that things have propouse shoes are ment to be worn and when they can be used no more they must fill acomplished but humas do not have propouse most woe comming from there, freedom is there not such a good thing, if we define freedom as agency over the world the mere act of executing that freedom limits it, by doing somthing you stop doing all the other thing you could have done. freedom can not be truly understund as agency over the world, but as agency over ourself. must of us here didnt pick our poison we where dealt a bad hand and trough the absurd world of causes we end up here, but we can rebel against the cruelty of the world, by both choosing to keep pushing the boulder to spite the cruel indeferent universe or to simply let it all get away we are executing the greatest kind of freedom a human could ever wish, no shoe could stop being a shoe, and there is an argument to be said that we cant really choose who we are and why, but we can choose to stop it all orr keep going, that conscious choise grants freedom to all of us while made in deliveration we brake the chains of fate, ny choosing to push the boulder or let it slide over us we are claming meaning where is none

Sorry for the ramble and the pompous shit also sorry for my broken english im not a native speaker
ill woudl be very happy to read your takes on this C:

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
I think there is merit and power in believing there is a choice to be made - whether or not it may be absolutely true or not.

Also I think it's worth mentioning, to really know the answer to the dilemma of suicide, one would have to know what happens upon/after death, whether there is an afterlife or not.
As I see it, suicide is really a desperate attempt at escaping suffering.

After reading your post, I get the impression you might enjoy this podcast about suffering machines, or rather the possibility there of.
The CONR principles are a pleasant contrast to the western philosophers you mentioned.

May we all grow wiser together.

• Love
Reactions: dospi1