• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

dopaminedeath

Death please
Nov 12, 2022
SaSu wikipedia page, NYT article and another news report

• Aww..
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Journalists nowadays are the worst, as someone who has a parallel degree, I cannot fathom why NYT would dedicate an entire article being SOMEWHAT vague (obviously this place is still on the clear net and therefore pretty easily found) to only then list the site at the bottom, driving hundreds of new people here doing fuck knows what. I know I fall into that timeline for this account but I've been lurking here since pre covid. It's wild to see. But google ai was recently telling people to jump off the GGB in response to questions about depression so I think everything is just broken.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, FundamentalAspect, divinemistress36 and 3 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
upside down world. this site doesn't encourage suicide .

Reactions: permanently tired, Fall_Apart, thebelljarrr and 2 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Honestly, it's pretty hard to say a good portion of the site isn't suicide-encouraging when you get support for statements like:

• No one rational could ever possibly choose to live
  • Anyone who has a job is weak and miserable and lying to themselves. No exceptions. Their life is not worth living objectively.
  • The only reason people are against suicide is because they are too brainwashed and dumb to understand that life is bad. That's the only reason. No one could ever be smart and free-thinking and also choose life.
  • It's not worth it to live past [certain age]: something like in the mid 20s, lol.
  • (extra): "objectively, living is bad"
I get that the site itself doesn't encourage suicide, but certain people definitely do. I'm fine with venting, but people will state the above opinions as objective truth that no one could possibly see differently.

When you say things like the above, the implication is "if you are smart you will kill yourself. Feel free to keep living but it's evidence that you're a dumb sheep."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, itsalittlecold, indefinitesleep and 8 others
D

dopaminedeath

Death please
Nov 12, 2022
Honestly, it's pretty hard to say a good portion of the site isn't suicide-encouraging when you get support for statements like:

• Anyone who has a job is weak and miserable and lying to themselves. No exceptions. Their life is not worth living objectively.
  • The only reason people are against suicide is because they are too brainwashed and dumb to understand that life is bad. That's the only reason. No one could ever be smart and free-thinking and also choose life.
  • It's not worth it to live past [certain age]: something like in the mid 20s, lol.
I get that the site itself doesn't encourage suicide, but certain people definitely do. I'm fine with venting, but people will state the above opinions as objective truth that no one could possibly see differently.

When you say things like the above, the implication is "if you are smart you will kill yourself. Feel free to keep living but it's evidence that you're a dumb sheep."

Just click ignore on those type of accounts. SaSu experience becomes nicer

• Informative
Reactions: Edpal247, divinemistress36, alltoomuch2 and 1 other person
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Just click ignore on those type of accounts. SaSu experience becomes nicer
I hear you. It doesn't really bother me. I'm unphased by illogical negative absolutism and I'm always happy to try and have a conversation if they're actually willing.

But, it is here and if I were a journalist baiting for clicks I would use it as my evidence that this place is pro-suicide.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Saturn_, delora and 2 others
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Experienced
Feb 10, 2024
And yet Alt.suicide.holiday gets away with a wikipedia entry of "Research from 2007[4] shows that suicide websites indeed could be more efficient in providing emotional help for people contemplating suicide than suicide hotlines. The primary reasons are the asynchronous nature of discussion in newsgroups giving enough time for thoughtful responses and group-based discussion that suicidal people find reassuring. The high degree of anonymity is another advantage of newsgroups like a.s.h, allowing people to openly talk about their feelings without fear of consequences." Which we all know! This is the research it refers to although reading the abstract, it seems the website looked at in the research was run by a suicide hotline..
  1. Gilat, I; Shahar, G (2015-09-28). "Emotional first aid for a suicide crisis: comparison between Telephonic hotline and internet". Psychiatry. 70 (1): 12–8. doi:10.1521/psyc.2007.70.1.12. PMID 17492908. S2CID 28592320.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: needsomeoptions, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, betternever2havbeen and 4 others
T

Traveller12724

Experienced
May 14, 2024
SaSu wikipedia page, NYT article and another news report
It's funny how I never knew this site existed or who DMC was until the BBC article, I remember feeling relieved when I read that article and heard about this site, SN, and DMC, now I am on my way to ctb and the article that was meant to take down this site became a tool that promoted it to me and allowed me to find everything I needed. I thank them for their service.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoatHerder
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Student
Jun 2, 2024
It's funny how I never knew this site existed or who DMC was until the BBC article, I remember feeling relieved when I read that article and heard about this site, SN, and DMC, now I am on my way to ctb and the article that was meant to take down this site became a tool that promoted it to me and allowed them to find everything I needed. I thank them for their service.
This is definitely a VALID and def other side of the spectrum situation. There are so many desperate people out there without a safe place to talk about taboo topics like this one, let alone provide tested methodology while still remaining one of the most carefully moderated places of its kind on the clear net. Happy to hear you have everything you wanted and needed in place. Wishing you peace.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, betternever2havbeen, Traveller12724 and 1 other person
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
Instead of messing with us, these cunts should quit playing games and write something noteworthy. There should be no whining from socially conscious pro-lifers, no Sunday news pieces, and no "undercover" reports about what's apparently going on here. They won't help you in any way other than giving you the phone number of the Suicide Hotline, of course.

All this is a space for depressed people to talk to other depressed people. Whether we die or not, it doesn't matter.

Reactions: alltoomuch2, opheliaoveragain, lnlybnny and 3 others
Fleki

Fleki

Machine Elf
Jul 7, 2024
They won't help you in any way other than giving you the phone number of the Suicide Hotline, of course.
Yeah lmao. I've gotten more catharsis out of this doomer pit than any redirect to 988 could ever provide.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, alltoomuch2, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022

I think when you're depressed and nihilistic it is hard to understand that others don't feel the same way. It can cross over into being a bit toxic though. It's hard to get the balance right when you're venting sometimes.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and derpyderpins
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I think there's a huge difference between open discussion / venting and encouragement / coercion.

Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, opheliaoveragain and 1 other person
VeryShy

VeryShy

Disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
This is absolutely not a pro-suicide, suicide encouragement etc forum.
If it were, I wouldn't be on here.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and alltoomuch2
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Student
Jun 2, 2024
I think there's a huge difference between open discussion / venting and encouragement / coercion.
Definitely agree with this, there's an oceans worth of difference, I cannot imagine maliciously encouraging someone, and I'm absolutely sure there are people like that here and there, but that's not the majority whatsoever, in my experience, and as many have said before me, the recovery section is equally as prominent and easily found as are the big method megathreads, we stay telling people we will not judge them for changing their mind and seeking help, that we are here no matter the outcome, and make clear that it is everyone's own choice with what to do with the information provided here. They want it to seem in the media like we are all in a death race and are egging each other on in some kind of weird sick twisted way rather than discussing things calmly and with more nuance than any of these journys have in their damn PINKIES.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen, alltoomuch2, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person