qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Student
Jul 27, 2024
If you put a frog in boiling water, it will try to jump out right away. But if you put it in warm water that steadily heats up to boiling, it will stay in the water until it is too late to leave. That's how my life is. It grows worse every day, ever so slightly. So slowly that I've realized now, that my life is exponentially worse now than it was just a year ago. If this change happened overnight, I would have ended it all by now. But it happens so slowly that I adapt to it, I come to think it's normal to live in this much pain. And eventually the pain will just consume me.

It hurts so much just to exist, let alone to actually do all the things I'm supposed to do to be a functional person (working, eating, etc.). It hurts mentally and physically. The emotional pain feels like a heavy black blanket draped over by entire life.

I want to escape from the pain, I want to just be done with it. Isn't 24 years long enough to try to be a normal person? How long and how bad do I need to hurt before it becomes acceptable to just give up?

I can no longer improve my life at all, all I can do is desperately claw at the good things I still have in an attempt to not let my life get worse. But it's all slipping away day by day. Every day the pain grows a little bit worse. Why can't I convince myself to leave? Why do I need to endure this pain?

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Just like the frog might need a helping hand to escape the water, maybe you could too

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really sounds like you've suffered a lot in this painful existence, to me existence truly is so cruel, I find it dreadful how existing can easily get more unbearable. But anyway I wish you the best.