GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I need help making a decision. This is super-duper serious.

Back when I joined the forum and long before, there were lots of gender wars. No one dare make a complaint from a gendered perspective, the opposite gender would get all fired up. That chilled out for several months, now it's back.

The past several months, there have been a lot of political posts, and a lot of wing-bashing.

Recently, there have been a lot of racial posts, often political.

Even more recently, there has been an unusual spate of sexually-focused posts.

Now a recent trend is gender war-sex-political mash-ups.

I believe this may be the third horse of the apolocalypse. Or maybe I'm mixing up third with three-headed.

Anyhow, if I am correct, I think the fourth (or four-headed) horse will be sex-gender war-political-racial mash-up posts. There has already been an intimation that is coming, I felt the first tremor only an hour ago.

I know that no one can tell me when it's the right time, only I can determine that for myself, but realistically, should I prepare my method for when the fourth/four-headed horse arrives, or is the wise and rational choice to just go ahead and escape now? I mean, I could be wrong, but is it even worth hanging around in life to find out if I'm right or not?

:pfff:

Seriously, though...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 262653, Brink, MindFrog and 4 others
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
When all that stuff happened previously, did that drive members away from this site? I find myself wanting to leave, largely due to the incessant drivel being spewed on here as of late. I honestly find the vast majority of recent posts to be satirical in nature because this shit can't be real, can it? If nothing else, it's absolutely amusing. I mean, it really does make a mockery of this site, but clearly it's not being taken seriously, so I might as well enjoy the show.

• Hugs
Reactions: NightmareTour, GoodPersonEffed and foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I haven't been here for very long but I have noticed a shift in tone recently. I just avoid most controversial subjects now cause I can't keep my cool and I just become an asshole. I've noticed, anecdotally at least, that suicidal people tend to be very myopic and will dig in rather then be open to differing views. I've noticed this in myself to be honest. However there are certain things I believe aren't up for debate so I've been using all my energy to avoid those debates because I've found I'm either ignored or the exchange turns hostile. I don't know, it's tough. I would never want push someone away from here (or be pushed away) just because we disagree on something, even if it's one of my fundamental beliefs. I don't know I'm just rambling now but I feel where you're coming from.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, Nymph and GoodPersonEffed
sugar

sugar

Nov 24, 2020
I'm sorry for my aggressive tone in that thread. It's easy to get carried away and not think about how it affects people reading it. It's difficult keep my temper in check these days when I see some bullshit.

I didn't intend to push people away from the forum. I've put some people on ignore and won't engage in these volatile discussions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Worthless_nobody and foxdie
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'm sorry for my aggressive tone in that thread. It's easy to get carried away and not think about how it affects people reading it. It's difficult keep my temper in check these days when I see some bullshit.

I didn't intend to push people away from the forum. I've put some people on ignore and won't engage in these volatile discussions.

What thread are you talking about? And did you start it, or did you get sucked in and fired up? If it's the latter, I don't see that the ones getting sucked in and fired up are the ones pushing away members, and they so often step up and take on the blame and say they're sorry. That's my observation and opinion.

Reactions: foxdie and feast or famine
sugar

sugar

Nov 24, 2020
What thread are you talking about? And did you start it, or did you get sucked in and fired up? If it's the latter, I don't see that the ones getting sucked in and fired up are the ones pushing away members, and they so often step up and take on the blame and say they're sorry. That's my observation and opinion.
In the locked dating thread. I called out what I believed to be trolling and got bothered by basically being told to shut up for being a newer member, which I didn't realise was a thing here. Anyway, I don't want to flame anyone and carry the argument over here. I shouldn't have engaged in the first place and created a hostile tone. The ignore button exists to be used haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Deleted member 1465, foxdie and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
got bothered by basically being told to shut up for being a newer member, which I didn't realise was a thing here
It's not.

Reactions: Brink, foxdie and sugar
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
As with many things in life, you have to rummage through all the rubbish to find the worthwhile stuff.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653 and Nymph
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
As with many things in life, you have to rummage through all the rubbish to find the worthwhile stuff.

I've got my method, it's worthwhile. Any advice about making my decision? :pfff:

:hug:

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I've got my method, it's worthwhile. Any advice about making my decision? :pfff:

:hug:
That's good you have method set. I think you need to trust that you will know if/when the right time has come. That's what I'm relying on in my own case anyway.

But also, maybe take the time to look at what the other animals are doing, not just the horses?

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Tolerance on all sides, in all respects.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I honestly find the vast majority of recent posts to be satirical in nature because this shit can't be real, can it?
I wouldn't say the 'vast majority' personally, but it IS a trend I've noticed too. There is even a pattern being followed. Questions that look like they are taking the piss.

Some attitudes could simply be consensus thinking with feelings riled up by the current wider context. Maybe, maybe not.

Everyone has their own attitude towards this and fair enough. Personally, I just ignore it most of the time. Not worth my time or effort. The exception to that is if I think someone is bullying or breaking the rules and I react to that on a post by post basis, it's never personal in any way.

But I am reporting more and more posts of late and that's not something I do lightly, because I also recognise that we all have our issues and the lines can blur in a genuine discussion.

Reactions: sugar, Worthless_nobody and MrBlue
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
When all that stuff happened previously, did that drive members away from this site? I find myself wanting to leave, largely due to the incessant drivel being spewed on here as of late. I honestly find the vast majority of recent posts to be satirical in nature because this shit can't be real, can it? If nothing else, it's absolutely amusing. I mean, it really does make a mockery of this site, but clearly it's not being taken seriously, so I might as well enjoy the show.

Yeah I feel like a lot of posts have been trolls. It's annoying though because I feel like those should just be taken down so we don't give trolls what they want, the attention and interaction.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
You should have seen the reddit sub

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Sometimes this place feels like reddit, not gonna lie.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, GoodPersonEffed and Nymph
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Today is one of those days where I'm vehemently agreeing, even though this is meant to be a shitpost.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
:pfff:
I don't often laugh but this time

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and GoodPersonEffed
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
Has taken a down ward spiral

Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
No more seriously, I think people are too demanding with regard to this forum.
I'm quite happy with SS and with the people on it. But I'm level-headed. Only quality.

For the four points you mentioned :

For gender, racial and political discussions, well, we're one mirror of society, and obviously these discussions are often part of it.
For sexuality, it's a basic need, and both lack of it and sexual abuse can fuck up mental health, so paradoxically I'm not surprised
it represents a lot of threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, stygal, MrBlue and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
No more seriously, I think people are too demanding with regard to this forum.
I'm quite happy with SS and with the people on it. But I'm level-headed. Only quality.

For the four points you mentioned :

For gender, racial and political discussions, well, we're one mirror of society, and obviously these discussions are often part of it.
For sexuality, it's a basic need, and both lack of it and sexual abuse can fuck up mental health, so paradoxically I'm not surprised
it represents a lot of threads.

I'm sorry, but

Unnamed 3

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu and BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
@GoodPersonEffed @Amumu I mean, I think both of you guys make good points. The problem is, it seems like some people are choosing to troll about these things and saying things to get others riled up.

• Love
Reactions: feast or famine, Amumu, Deleted member 1465 and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I think some people have genuine opinions, even if they are divisive and cause arguments, whilst some are actually just posting for effect and properly trolling. Sometimes the lines can even become blurred between the two when tempers run high.

• Love
Reactions: sugar, Worthless_nobody, stygal and 3 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I think some people have genuine opinions, even if they are divisive and cause arguments, whilst some are actually just posting for effect and properly trolling. Sometimes the lines can even become blurred between the two when tempers run high.

100% this. Ugh...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and Deleted member 1465
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
People are whiny bitches, who cares about gender smh we have bigger things to worry about. Of all the things you could spend your limited meat computer RAM on arguing over gender seems a great waste.

Reactions: sugar