• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
I`m venting now. My first one. I have some other reasons to venting but I`ll talk about the recent one.
I`m searching for a new job. My real one has a really low wage. I`m on Brazil, so I can`t only quit and go away, because the unemployment rate is about 14%. So, in hope to change of job, I was on an interview.
Well, some troubles from beginning. My iron broke, so I ran into a laundry to ask for a service. Fine. I succeed. Took the bus to the fancy, financial neighborhood of the city I live.
I like the interviewer. It was kind to me and the other women who applies to. I was confident until the psychology test. An annoying one. It was a kind of graphology shit who you draw only sticks, left to right, up and down, on a blank paper. Well, after did some research, the goal is to make between 700 sticks on 5 minutes to consider a 'normal' person. I only made less than 400.
Supposedly, that test claims that you`re a weak, nervous unstable person if you made the sticks as I did: thick, left-sided, without proper distance between them. For comparison, the other two women on the room made the entire sheet, around 800 or 1000.
It wasn`t the first experience who I failed on psychology test on applying a job. I swear, I made my effort, but the standards are high as fuck.
Sure, I`m conscious that my mind are wreck, weak. But I can still be functional. I don`t take drugs or pills of any kind, I only want a standard job to made affordable the basic needs. But I failed again and again.
It`s a finesse art to faking that I`m a 'normal' person on the street. I wish I was on an office, but that fucking psychology tests crossed me, and the Human Resources coördinator gives me a kick on the ass.
Anyway, do you have similar stories about find a decent job, even you`re conscious of your mental challenges? Do you succeed about faking being a normal person on the office and only fall to pieces on your intimacy?

Jeez, I`m tired of psychology.

Reactions: Marawa, 21Neberg, Wolfjob_dayjob and 8 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Yeah faking normal is indeed an art that I have NOT mastered. I hate job interviews. So much. I am interviewing for various "opportunities" at the moment, too. I'm a terrible interviewer. There are a lot of professionally successful people on this site & I hope some respond to your post with some good advice. All I have to offer is my empathy...I'm in the same boat.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, Temporarilyabsurd, Marawa and 4 others
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
As a psychology major long ago, this makes me mad. I hate hearing stupid inventories, some of them straight up from Cosmo being used to disqualify perfectly good people. Entire organizations selling and buying kits to make people feel not good enough without even thinking of the practical requirements of a job!!! Why don't they throw some runes while they are at it??? Rrrrr!!!!

Waving at my phone in case magic is real to send you luck in your search..

Reactions: CC123, waived, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Elek

Elek

Student
Feb 2, 2019
It was a kind of graphology shit who you draw only sticks, left to right, up and down, on a blank paper. Well, after did some research, the goal is to make between 700 sticks on 5 minutes to consider a 'normal' person. I only made less than 400.
Supposedly, that test claims that you`re a weak, nervous unstable person if you made the sticks as I did: thick, left-sided, without proper distance between them. For comparison, the other two women on the room made the entire sheet, around 800 or 1000.

1000 sticks in 5 minutes, that's 3.3 sticks per second, I think the weak, nervous and unstable one is someone else...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Marawa, Redt2go and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Those tests sound like complete bullshit, which is probably why I've never heard of them before. Don't let a stupid graph ruin your self image, you're not a mentally broken piece of shit. I hope you find the strength to keep on searching for another job, as I'm sure you'll find one. Do all jobs in Brazil use this test?

Reactions: CC123, azucaramargo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Absolutely critical to keeping my job. But terribly exhausting.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob