N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020

Today I watched an interesting video. I know many of you like Lil Peep too.
He died so young. He had so much talent.
The video is really sad. But it desevere more attention.
They summarize his last month. I think he did not see it coming. But he felt bad. Okay I think have forgot some details about the video. You can correct me if I am wrong.
I think his managment is partly responsible for his death. They pushed him to go through with his stressful tours. They provided him with all the drugs. Seemingly he said I don't like being Lil Peep I would rather work at a Starbucks.
This is something I often don't get. If you are that rich and popular why do these people work so hard despite the fact they struggle. Probably it is the fear to let your fans down and high expections on themselves. Before I had my first psychosis I also would have never taken a break but I changed. It is too late for him.

Stil listening to you Peep. Almost every single day recently.

• Aww..
Reactions: theboy and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Music was how he coped, personally I think that he was afraid of losing that medium of expression, the recognition of his talent, and the opportunities he'd gained from having that acknowledgement and fame. Drugs were a huge escape for him too.

There are so many tracks that he made that are still unreleased, besides a multitude of hidden gems that didn't blow up/become popular. (You can find a lot of older tracks on his soundcloud or youtube channel that preceeded his rise to fame). Once a person gets big in the music industry, there is so much pressure to keep producing new media consrantly, touring, marketing merchandise, etc.

This was likely way too much to handle for a person in Peep's state, who found making music therapeutic. Suddenly his creative outlet is a multimillion dollar business that he has to sustain, even when he's dying on the inside. Those managers drugged him and forced him to keep going, until it killed him.

It's hard to say if that's the sole reason why he died. I think that in his state, it was inevitable that he was going to ctb accidentally by overdose someday. A lot of the themes in his music relate to fear of an early death, a desire for suicide, life slipping away during one's youth, eerily similar to some of Mac Miller's final pieces of work.

Some of these artists seem to have an inkling that they're at the point of no return on a path of destruction, when it comes to abusing deadly combinations of drugs. You could tell by the last posts that Peep made on his Instagram that he wasn't afraid to dabble with risky drug cocktails. He clearly wasn't keen on living, but wasn't fully committed to dying either. I think he took his chances with risky behaviour, not worrying about if he would wake up to see another day.

That's just my two cents as someone who found his music around 2015/2016 and got hooked. He really had a tragic life.

• Informative
Reactions: noname223