P

pupsensua1

On the edge of life and death...
Feb 12, 2023
Ok, so, for a while now, I wanted to understand people. But I just couldn't, so, how can you understand someone right? Getting into their own shoes, after that didn't work \j, so I decided to experience the same feelings. After all, If I'd experienced this then I'll be better equipped to judge a situation and not be so, sketchy about stuff all the time.

What I'm getting at is, part of me wants to do bad things like get hurt and stuff just so I can better understand it and what it is like in different situations, and I can't get that ideation out of my head. That I didn't have enough experience to help and so I need to torture myself by being k!ddn@pp3d or b3@t3n just to understand, I can't understand anything and it hurts to think about it.

This is truly a ramble I'm sorry.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ranaway, LoiteringClouds and Fwompje
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Ok, so, for a while now, I wanted to understand people. But I just couldn't, so, how can you understand someone right? Getting into their own shoes, after that didn't work \j, so I decided to experience the same feelings. After all, If I'd experienced this then I'll be better equipped to judge a situation and not be so, sketchy about stuff all the time.

What I'm getting at is, part of me wants to do bad things like get hurt and stuff just so I can better understand it and what it is like in different situations, and I can't get that ideation out of my head. That I didn't have enough experience to help and so I need to torture myself by being k!ddn@pp3d or b3@t3n just to understand, I can't understand anything and it hurts to think about it.

This is truly a ramble I'm sorry.
Personally, I want to understand others too but I don't think I can fully understand because everyone's situation is vastly different, so if somebody is in distress I usually tell them "please tell me what torments you if you are comfortable telling but if you don't want to share it's ok, tell me whatever you want to." I'll try to find out how to support them emotionally, without trying to be perfect.

Do you have an urge to harm yourself? I used to cut myself so I might be able to somewhat understand you. Or do you just want to understand others more and have no desire to self harm?
(Of course not telling it is ok:hug:)

Reactions: pupsensua1
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's true that it's impossible to ever fully understand how others experience life as we simply cannot see life the same way. Everyone experiences life differently after all, as humans we are all alone and that is the reality. Of course we can be somewhat understanding of what others go through if we are in a similar situation, but we can never understand fully unless we live their life.

Reactions: pupsensua1
P

pupsensua1

On the edge of life and death...
Feb 12, 2023
Do you have an urge to harm yourself? I used to cut myself so I might be able to somewhat understand you. Or do you just want to understand others more and have no desire to self harm?
(Of course not telling it is ok:hug:)
I don't want to harm myself but I feel like I need to but thank you, I do finally feel heard.
It's true that it's impossible to ever fully understand how others experience life as we simply cannot see life the same way. Everyone experiences life differently after all, as humans we are all alone and that is the reality. Of course we can be somewhat understanding of what others go through if we are in a similar situation, but we can never understand fully unless we live their life.
Thank you as well, it's going to take time to settle down the habit but I' glad I got some closure.

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds