W

WilliamXX

Jan 22, 2024
I think this resource is worth posting. I found it very enlightening as the aftermath is I'm sure something we all consider. I hope some might find it useful.

• Informative
Reactions: dggtscccvfd
W

WilliamXX

Jan 22, 2024
I forgot to say, this link in no way tries to moralise or deliver a message. It is real life stories which are sometimes very moving and also go into topics which are very rarely discussed.

Reactions: houseofleaves and mortuarymary
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I forgot to say, this link in no way tries to moralise or deliver a message. It is real life stories which are sometimes very moving and also go into topics which are very rarely discussed.
Thank you for posting it.

Reactions: WilliamXX
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
I think the place of such thing is in the Recovery section, not here.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
Thank you, William. I think it is important to consider the aftermath, even though I believe in a person's right to die on their own terms. Sudden deaths through accident or heart attack or violence will always take their toll on family/ friends, but with suicide it's probably more traumatic.

We need to destigmatize the topic, so that it can be discussed openly without risk of being thrown into the "bin." . There is progress, with the passage of MAID legislation in the United States, but it's limited in scope. Canada is doing better. Until I have cancer it will be hard topic to bring up with my family.