H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
I´ve been questioning my set up recently, whether I should get a larger cylinder as I am a smoker and also questions in regards to the construction of my bag? I have used an elasticated bungee cord and I am now wondering if this is suitable? I´m posting a pic.

Attachments

• WIN_20210212_10_16_56_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210212_10_16_56_Pro.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Do you suffer from COPD? The Exit Bag method does not lend well to those with that condition.

H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
Hi, no I´m in good health in relation to my breathing although I am a fairly heavy smoker, and I´m able to take long deep breaths, but after doing some more research on this site I came across a thread that suggested smokers may need a larger cylinder as it could possibly take longer for everything to kick in, so to speak. What are your opinions on my bag construction using elasticated bungee cord?

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg
wannagohome

wannagohome

Jan 6, 2021
The usual recommendation is "snug fit" but not "tight". So the inert gas can wash out O2 and CO2. From the picture nobody can judge how strong your bungee cord is. To me it looks rather strong (4 or 5 mm?) It may not(!) seal the bag. In general the type of elastic doesn't matter. My experience was to use softer elastic drawcords that can be easier pulled over the head.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg, Mare Imbrium and heliumornitrogen
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I believe a bungee cord would be too constrictive around the neck. I would suggest something like an elastic knit used for clothing, which is more giving.

Reactions: heliumornitrogen and WearyOfStruggling