KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
How can people honestly enjoy life when happiness is not guarenteed but suffering is? When pleasure is temporary but torment is often lifelong?

It is rare to reminisce about fond memories and better times. Yet mistakes, tragedies, and traumatic pasts often follow you to the grave. Achievement feels fleeting. Everytime I've experienced happiness it was squashed almost immediately. Now I know most people are not happy, they are merely content and exist in a neutral state. Yet, for many of us, such a state of being is impossible when bombarded with constant stress and pain.

I don't know why people think life is a gift. If it was a gift, surely I could return it? I can acknowledge that good things have happened at some points in my life, but the tragedies far outweigh those epehermeral victories.

I can recall with fondness playing with my grandpa as a child, creating imaginary worlds and making block castles and villages. But those memories are faint in comparison to the recollections of having to watch my beloved grandfather suffer and die over the span of several months. Death and decay are an inevitability of life, and it baffles me that people find this beautiful. It is not beautiful, it is sheer lovecraftian terror.

The joyful moments are so temporary, and that is one of the worst parts of life. Thinking about how I will never see many of the people I loved ever again, because now they are dead. Thinking about how other cherished people are still living, but have blocked out your existence and will never speak to you again. Their presence was temporary.

I pretty much have no one in this life which is a double whammy when you're fairly disabled. The other day I was thinking about a childhood friend of mine who I was very close to and wanted to see how she was doing. She deleted me off all social medias with 0 explanation. I tried messaging her to say hi and she opened it and did not respond. This was someone I went to school with for many years, someone who worked alongside me at my first job, someone who I had sleepovers with and smoked a joint with out the window while her parents weren't home, and she completely cut me off for no reason.

I often think about the people I grew up alongside, 12 years of schooling spent together and not a single one of those friendships lasted. One of my other ex closest friends completely ditched everyone from her childhood and refuses to speak to any of us, yet I get notifications that she searches for me on job websites to see what I'm doing. Time and time again I was always the last one picked. I watched my friends laugh at me for years. The autistic loser. The weird girl they pitied.

It is strange to think that the people who were such a large part of my life are gone. I constantly mourn for those who are no longer around. Even my abusers. I miss things that will never happen again, unless the fabric of space and time itself is ripped to shreds and devoured by a black hole, sending me to some alternate dimension.

A life without sickness and disability for me was temporary. Knowing that you can have it all-or in my case, have a meager amount of things that matter to you, only to have them snatched away- makes life a complete joke. Being completely alone while surrounded by crowds of people who could care less if you dropped dead instantly just about sums up the state of things.

I will never understand why people bring new humans into this world. They could end up like me and wanting to ctb, cause life is a huge fucking gamble. And like most gambles, you aren't likely to win.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, ithappens, EmbraceOfTheVoid and 17 others
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
I don't know if you saw this earlier, or it's just coincidence, but I posted this earlier today: an excerpt from THE LITTLE PRINCE
regarding the love of the Little Prince for the ephemeral rose:

The Ephemeral Flower:

Quote:

"Oh, where I live," said the little prince, "it is not very interesting. It is all so small. I have three volcanoes. Two volcanoes are active and the other is extinct. But one never knows."

"One never knows," said the geographer.

"I have also a flower."

"We do not record flowers," said the geographer.

"Why is that? The flower is the most beautiful thing on my planet!"

"We do not record them," said the geographer, "because they are ephemeral."

"What does that mean--'ephemeral'?"

"Geographies," said the geographer, "are the books which, of all books, are most concerned with matters of consequence. They never become old-fashioned. It is very rarely that a mountain changes its position. It is very rarely that an ocean empties itself of its waters. We write of eternal things."

"But extinct volcanoes may come to life again," the little prince interrupted. "What does that mean-- 'ephemeral'?"

"Whether volcanoes are extinct or alive, it comes to the same thing for us," said the geographer. "The thing that matters to us is the mountain. It does not change."

"But what does that mean--'ephemeral'?" repeated the little prince, who never in his life had let go of a question, once he had asked it.

"It means, 'which is in danger of speedy disappearance.'"

"Is my flower in danger of speedy disappearance?"

"Certainly it is."

"My flower is ephemeral," the little prince said to himself, "and she has only four thorns to defend herself against the world. And I have left her on my planet, all alone!"

That was his first moment of regret. But he took courage once more.

"What place would you advise me to visit now?" he asked.

"The planet Earth," replied the geographer. "It has a good reputation."

And the little prince went away, thinking of his flower.
But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose……" "I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ithappens, Echo81, Wrennie and 8 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
HUGS
Time and time again I was always the last one picked. I watched my friends laugh at me for years. The autistic loser. The weird girl they pitied.

Felt this to my core.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, Life sucks, Trannydiary and 1 other person
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
LOL. You guys type too much! Just kidding! I will get back to this in a bit while cooking dinner. I making a death machine right now Kuri. ❤
I don't know if you saw this earlier, or it's just coincidence, but I posted this earlier today: an excerpt from THE LITTLE PRINCE
regarding the love of ephemeral rose:

The Ephemeral Flower:

Quote:

"Oh, where I live," said the little prince, "it is not very interesting. It is all so small. I have three volcanoes. Two volcanoes are active and the other is extinct. But one never knows."

"I have also a flower."

"Geographies," said the geographer, "are the books which, of all books, are most concerned with matters of consequence. They never become old-fashioned. It is very rarely that a mountain changes its position. It is very rarely that an ocean empties itself of its waters. We write of eternal things."

"But extinct volcanoes may come to life again," the little prince interrupted. "What does that mean-- 'ephemeral'?"

"Whether volcanoes are extinct or alive, it comes to the same thing for us," said the geographer. "The thing that matters to us is the mountain. It does not change."

"But what does that mean--'ephemeral'?" repeated the little prince, who never in his life had let go of a question, once he had asked it.

"Certainly it is."

"My flower is ephemeral," the little prince said to himself, "and she has only four thorns to defend herself against the world. And I have left her on my planet, all alone!"

But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose……" "I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.
I saw that. Its a good Aesop Fable kind of story. ❤
regarding the love of the Little Prince for the ephemeral rose:

The Ephemeral Flower:

Quote:

"I have also a flower."

"Certainly it is."

Like for real I always feel im one of the few who will write a small novel here on SS when I give my opinion or try to help etc. Most people stop at 4 normal sentences and I'm over here trying to explain world history from my understanding beginning with the breath of life and the first cellular structure. Was there a question? Im telling you the long long long short version LOL. Give it a chance to sink in. What else are we going to do besides watch Netflix and look up firearm ammo and SNs best online dealers. Lol. Sigh im the only one laughing and its even more funny. No offense to anyone.
How can people honestly enjoy life when happiness is not guarenteed but suffering is? When pleasure is temporary but torment is often lifelong?

It is rare to reminisce about fond memories and better times. Yet mistakes, tragedies, and traumatic pasts often follow you to the grave. Achievement feels fleeting. Everytime I've experienced happiness it was squashed almost immediately. Now I know most people are not happy, they are merely content and exist in a neutral state. Yet, for many of us, such a state of being is impossible when bombarded with constant stress and pain.

I don't know why people think life is a gift. If it was a gift, surely I could return it? I can acknowledge that good things have happened at some points in my life, but the tragedies far outweigh those epehermeral victories.

I can recall with fondness playing with my grandpa as a child, creating imaginary worlds and making block castles and villages. But those memories are faint in comparison to the recollections of having to watch my beloved grandfather suffer and die over the span of several months. Death and decay are an inevitability of life, and it baffles me that people find this beautiful. It is not beautiful, it is sheer lovecraftian terror.

The joyful moments are so temporary, and that is one of the worst parts of life. Thinking about how I will never see many of the people I loved ever again, because now they are dead. Thinking about how other cherished people are still living, but have blocked out your existence and will never speak to you again. Their presence was temporary.

I pretty much have no one in this life which is a double whammy when you're fairly disabled. The other day I was thinking about a childhood friend of mine who I was very close to and wanted to see how she was doing. She deleted me off all social medias with 0 explanation. I tried messaging her to say hi and she opened it and did not respond. This was someone I went to school with for many years, someone who worked alongside me at my first job, someone who I had sleepovers with and smoked a joint with out the window while her parents weren't home, and she completely cut me off for no reason.

I often think about the people I grew up alongside, 12 years of schooling spent together and not a single one of those friendships lasted. One of my other ex closest friends completely ditched everyone from her childhood and refuses to speak to any of us, yet I get notifications that she searches for me on job websites to see what I'm doing. Time and time again I was always the last one picked. I watched my friends laugh at me for years. The autistic loser. The weird girl they pitied.

It is strange to think that the people who were such a large part of my life are gone. I constantly mourn for those who are no longer around. Even my abusers. I miss things that will never happen again, unless the fabric of space and time itself is ripped to shreds and devoured by a black hole, sending me to some alternate dimension.

A life without sickness and disability for me was temporary. Knowing that you can have it all-or in my case, have a meager amount of things that matter to you, only to have them snatched away- makes life a complete joke. Being completely alone while surrounded by crowds of people who could care less if you dropped dead instantly just about sums up the state of things.

I will never understand why people bring new humans into this world. They could end up like me and wanting to ctb, cause life is a huge fucking gamble. And like most gambles, you aren't likely to win.
Wow! Yeah there is a lot going on here Kuri. I think a big part is intelligence BUT (big hairy butt) at the same time someone who may seem not all that smart can still get thier feelings hurt. Like when a grown human crushes a child for no good reason other than to bully with some sort of self righteousness excuse for the deed. I myself have been guilty of this and I try to catch myself but it doesnt always work. I dont know how people walk around in "ignorant bliss". I hate it! Actually its worse than that. IM INCREDIBLY JEALOUS! I wish I could have that characteristic. Give me the genie bottle for a moment LOL. I think a lot comes down to how one is raised and even that seems to be down to some form of luck. If you are kept from evil you will never see it for what it is. Like not having sex ed in school and then getting pregnant and having rampant STD breakouts (not my story saw it on the news). When people are in a state of being "pampered" they will not notice the homeless or the wars or the suffering across thier own town. A kid here loses a cell phone yet another has thier mother shot in front of them. That second kid will always be looking for the slightest sign of evil even if it is not actually there. I do personally think life "unfortunately" is a true gift. Yes it is very hard and it feels thrust upon us in our dire times. The things here that are amazing are the same things we as a civilised people worldwide are not allowed to enjoy. We dont get vacations, breaks, lucky, love, or many other forms of joy. We have stuck ourselves in this state of servitude out of tradition and then force is added upon that. You have to jave cash. Its absolutely sick and vile. Small countries are raped because of this. It is so very sad. However just the cities, birds, trees, sky and so on are always and will continue to be a great great gift. There is joy here but it can be so damn hard to see from time to timem especially when we find ourselves low. There is joy here. Thats what makes it so hard to want to die and leave this behind. The suffering is annoyingly unnecessary and nobody seems to give a damn about changing it for reasons of pride and fear (IMO). This should have been fixed long ago. We have free food to farm. We can build great houses from mud and sticks to shelter our friends. We can have anything with clean energy. Yet money rules the day. Power and greed from a small group of individuals is why we do not and will not have those things. Instead and because of that children starve to death and war is declared on smaller defenseless countries over control and resources and so on. It's hard to see the silver lining and the gifts right in front of us. Dont ever forget to see them and count them. They will be gone when we finally pass. Even if passing is just temporary but again thats my own opinions at work from my studies and understanding.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, it's_all_a_game, watchingthewheels and 1 other person
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I don't have anything to add but I always love reading your posts

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Wrennie, NodusTollens and 2 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Life inherently sucks.