N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't want to mock this therapy. It sounds promising. I am not sure. I think I once read about it in this forum. But I could not find it anymore. So I thought make a new thread about it.

I am no expert. But this article says one should not try this at home. One has to do this with a doctor usually. They do research with this therapy method. I could imagine that if you want to take part in one you might could ask a clinic, research center or college. The poo has to be screened so that it is is safe. Poo from a person with an illness can potentially do damage. This article says when the poo is "clean" (is this an oxymoron? ) there are barely any side effects. The people often take shit from their partner (pun not intended). I think psychologically this is an interesting fact. Why do people considier the poo of their partner as better to ingest? Why are they more comfortable with this notion? I think to ingest is probably a better term than eating because it is in a capsule.
Compared with medication there seem to be less side effects. I don't know I assume it costs quite some effort to overcome ingesting it. One can also ingest it through the anal.

Not sure from which person I would take it. Personally I think I would not mind to get it from an unknown person. I think for me the most important factor was that is healthy and his gut microbiome had a very high quality. If this therapy shows success I could imagine trying it. In case I still exist.

Maybe I should have explained this earlier. But here is how it works (according to the article)

"Trillions of bacteria live in our guts. This so-called gut microbiome has a huge impact on our health in general, not just the health of our brain."

"The idea behind poo transplants is to change the gut microbiome. You take poo, with all its micro-organisms, from a healthy person and give it to the one being treated."

"Abnormal gut microbiomes have been linked to bipolar, depression and schizophrenia.

When poo from depressed humans is given to rats, they appear to develop a rat version of depression. Likewise, when mice are given poo from someone with schizophrenia, they develop a mouse version of schizophrenia."

These are indirect findings. Yet they suggest poo transplants may have the potential to treat some mental health conditions."

If you are interested how it exactly works read the article. It is described in a good way. But I don't see a benefit just to copy and paste everything.

One question I ask myself. I take some medication which contain emetics. Due to the fact it can be lethal they probably add that to avoid overdosing. However I hate how it tastes. It is so bitter and I sometimes I feel nauseous after taking them. I can feel how it interacts with my gut. I hope that the poo transplant does not feel similarly. This is pure speculation and probably no good comparison but it is a thought that came to my mind.

What is your opinion on it? Due to the fact I am no professional I cannot guaranty there are no mistakes. Take it as usual with a grain of salt. Though this thread is in no certain way a joke. Could you imagine trying it?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Élégie, makethepainstop, lofticries and 3 others
ManicPanic2018

ManicPanic2018

Night of the final day
Sep 11, 2022
I will have many regrets from life before crossing the bridge. Bad choices. Lost loves. Things said in anger. A list best saved for my goodbye note.

Eating shit, however, will not be one of them.

• Yay!
Reactions: rainbowbright, Élégie, finish.me and 19 others
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
When poo from depressed humans is given to rats, they appear to develop a rat version of depression. Likewise, when mice are given poo from someone with schizophrenia, they develop a mouse version of schizophrenia.
Could you imagine developing a mental illness because someone secretly fed you their poop as revenge?...This might be the start of my villain origin story. /jk

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: waitingforrest, houseofleaves and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
adrienne

adrienne

postalservice
Sep 16, 2022
I don't want to mock this therapy. It sounds promising. I am not sure. I think I once read about it in this forum. But I could not find it anymore. So I thought make a new thread about it.

I am no expert. But this article says one should not try this at home. One has to do this with a doctor usually. They do research with this therapy method. I could imagine that if you want to take part in one you might could ask a clinic, research center or college. The poo has to be screened so that it is is safe. Poo from a person with an illness can potentially do damage. This article says when the poo is "clean" (is this an oxymoron? ) there are barely any side effects. The people often take shit from their partner (pun not intended). I think psychologically this is an interesting fact. Why do people considier the poo of their partner as better to ingest? Why are they more comfortable with this notion? I think to ingest is probably a better term than eating because it is in a capsule.
Compared with medication there seem to be less side effects. I don't know I assume it costs quite some effort to overcome ingesting it. One can also ingest it through the anal.

Not sure from which person I would take it. Personally I think I would not mind to get it from an unknown person. I think for me the most important factor was that is healthy and his gut microbiome had a very high quality. If this therapy shows success I could imagine trying it. In case I still exist.

Maybe I should have explained this earlier. But here is how it works (according to the article)

"Trillions of bacteria live in our guts. This so-called gut microbiome has a huge impact on our health in general, not just the health of our brain."

"The idea behind poo transplants is to change the gut microbiome. You take poo, with all its micro-organisms, from a healthy person and give it to the one being treated."

"Abnormal gut microbiomes have been linked to bipolar, depression and schizophrenia.

When poo from depressed humans is given to rats, they appear to develop a rat version of depression. Likewise, when mice are given poo from someone with schizophrenia, they develop a mouse version of schizophrenia."

These are indirect findings. Yet they suggest poo transplants may have the potential to treat some mental health conditions."

If you are interested how it exactly works read the article. It is described in a good way. But I don't see a benefit just to copy and paste everything.

One question I ask myself. I take some medication which contain emetics. Due to the fact it can be lethal they probably add that to avoid overdosing. However I hate how it tastes. It is so bitter and I sometimes I feel nauseous after taking them. I can feel how it interacts with my gut. I hope that the poo transplant does not feel similarly. This is pure speculation and probably no good comparison but it is a thought that came to my mind.

What is your opinion on it? Due to the fact I am no professional I cannot guaranty there are no mistakes. Take it as usual with a grain of salt. Though this thread is in no certain way a joke. Could you imagine trying it?
/pictures squidwards face when SpongeBob says eat shit to be happier/

ManicPanic2018

ManicPanic2018

Night of the final day
Sep 11, 2022
Could you imagine developing a mental illness because someone secretly fed you their poop as revenge?...This might be the start of my villain origin story. /jk
I want to know what this study is where they're harvesting shit from depressed people to give to mice. It must have been paid to be an official study, right? I could have made bank over the years if I had known sooner. Chuck that one on the regret list on my suicide note.

• Yay!
Reactions: JAlexa, Élégie, Disappointered and 4 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The causes of depression are almost always a lack of solid social connections, physical health problems, and financial problems- nothing you can ingest affects any of these things.

Reactions: Élégie, Disappointered, Suicidе and 4 others
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
So they've gone from trying to get you hooked on figurative shit (drugs and therapy) to getting you hooked on eating actual shit.

I thought this was going to be a transplant kind of thing where they stick someone else's poop up into your butt; I've heard about that before. Somehow I'm more okay with that instead of actually eating poop. What the fuck. Where was the ethics committee on this particular research?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Psych wards in 2050 are not looking great, bros.

• Yay!
Reactions: Élégie, Hirokami, Wormfood and 3 others
ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
i must cross this off my bucket list to do bro before i opt out lol, wow man eating my own shit and fecal matter, bawk 🤢🤮, i have been labelled many a thing over the years but would never wanna be remembered as a fecal eater lol, maybe mental health is so to do with lack of positive interactions and connections as an earlier poster commented ?, i think tho i will pass on eating me own shit for now anyhoo lol 😱😮

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
So they've gone from trying to get you hooked on figurative shit (drugs and therapy) to getting you hooked on eating actual shit.
And the worst thing is they'd no doubt charge you up the ass for it.

Imagine paying money to eat actual shit.

• Yay!
Reactions: waitingforrest, Install-Gentoo, ever so lonely and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
You guys are all so anal about this.

I doubt it could be any worse than the Walmart burrito I had last night.

• Yay!
Reactions: Ashu, Celerity, ever so lonely and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I thought fecal transplants were taken up the ass. Wouldn't your stomach acid do too much damage? I thought this was why probiotics are so difficult.

Reactions: Install-Gentoo
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I thought fecal transplants were taken up the ass. Wouldn't your stomach acid do too much damage? I thought this was why probiotics are so difficult.
I think both is possible. Personally I don't consider this idea as so bad as other people commented. If you dislike the fact you have to take the capsule in your mouth you can circumvent that. (as I wrote)

I mean if I really felt way better because of it why being stubborn on it. I mean if it is done right there are barely any side effects. Just because it sounds gross rejecting the idea sounds irrational to me.

Reactions: Install-Gentoo and Celerity
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I shall not be taking the cure, I'll keep my suicidal depression until I ctb. They can go eat what they are suggesting I eat. And I should like to add for them to go fornicate themselves!😀

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
I think both is possible. Personally I don't consider this idea as so bad as other people commented. If you dislike the fact you have to take the capsule in your mouth you can circumvent that. (as I wrote)

I mean if I really felt way better because of it why being stubborn on it. I mean if it is done right there are barely any side effects. Just because it sounds gross rejecting the idea sounds irrational to me.
Yeah admittedly if taken "in reverse", I think it doesn't sound so bad. Yeah, a little weird, but it's just a change in bacteria.
I've heard that change in saliva bacteria is common in suicidal people. But I wonder if it's just due to depressed people not brushing their teeth as much, and so maybe it's just a coincidence.
It's a Japanese article but you can probably Google translate the thing.
Poop transplant really does seem like a good alternative to all the other "medication" fed to people. People on this forum talk about there being no real test for depression, and that if doctors say you're sick, then you're sick and there's no actual diagnosis. But at least this seems like there could be some bacterial testing and real treatment instead of throwing drugs at the wall and seeing what has an outward appearance of working.

Last edited:
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020

I thought this was going to be a transplant kind of thing where they stick someone else's poop up into your butt; I've heard about that before. Somehow I'm more okay with that instead of actually eating poop. What the fuck. Where was the ethics committee on this particular research?
They've wanted to get losers and the rest of the general population they despise from eating figurative shit (degradation of quality of life, humiliations in the workplace, increased gap between hyperclass and "middle class" underlings) to eating literal shit for a while now. Baby steps. Makes me suspicious of the real objectives behind the study. I didn't read it but "may help" isn't enough for me to start eating any more shit than I already have to.

Reactions: Hirokami
Wormfood

Wormfood

I like people... I said it
May 23, 2022
Doesn't sound too bad 😃

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I don't think I'm that desperate to get better.