Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
What are the dumbest most annoying platitudes and reasons why you should stay alive? And how often did you hear them? And why do people think empty platidudes will change your mind?

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Crematedashes, Alchemist and 1 other person
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
Okay, so here goes -

1) life is beautiful ( I think they mean the future one)

2) you are dumb and haven't witnessed anything ( for the latter part, I don't wish to)

3) Everything just settles well in the end just wait for it

and of course, the best one

4) work hard to fix your problems

Reactions: Bct, peacefully31425, Beautifulletdown and 2 others
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Okay, so here goes -

1) life is beautiful ( I think they mean the future one)

2) you are dumb and haven't witnessed anything ( for the latter part, I don't wish to)

3) Everything just settles well in the end just wait for it

and of course, the best one

4) work hard to fix your problems

Some even think you deserve everything you get. Thats called the just world fallacy.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Bct, ALittleBurden and 1 other person
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
There are many platitudes that I completely hate, but this one is particularly cringeworthy for me:

"Life is supposed to be hard!"

Every time I hear people saying that I am thinking like: Oi? I don't remember agreeing to those terms and conditions! Just like any consumer, I reserve the right to cancel my subscription to any service if there is a violation of my rights such as that, including this one you call "life"! Not only that, but I also have the right to ask for a refund! I want my peace and oblivion back!

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Bct, ALittleBurden and 3 others
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
There are many platitudes that I completely hate, but this one is particularly cringeworthy for me:

Every time I hear people saying that I am thinking like: Oi? I don't remember agreeing to those terms and conditions! Just like any consumer, I reserve the right to cancel my subscription to any service if there is a violation of my rights such as that, including this one you call "life"! Not only that, but I also have the right to ask for a refund! I want my peace and oblivion back!

Ok, if life is suffering, why do they keep having kids?

• Love
Reactions: Bct, ALittleBurden and Oblivion Lover
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Any piece of advice, really. I am not stupid and I have thought of that myself, you fucking moron. What you are refusing to listen to is that I will die if I can, and you don't even care to hear my voice.

There is a slight satisfaction in the thought that some people will be annoyed/upset for a few minutes when they eventually find I am dead.

Reactions: Beautifulletdown, Oblivion Lover and Baskol1
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019

I'd go with hard over "unfair" anyday, but for most of us here, it's the unfair part that holds truth. Suicide is simply when your "hard" difficulties of life exceeds the means and methods to resolve them.

Reactions: Baskol1
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
Ok, if life is suffering, why do they keep having kids?
Naivety and tradition, I guess. Just because their own parents subscribed them to this "service" without their consent they think it is fine to do the same with others and that the price is really worth it, when in reality it is like paying 5 million dollars for a month of Netflix.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Naivety and tradition, I guess. Just because their own parents subscribed them to this "service" without their consent they think it is fine to do the same with others and that the price is really worth it, when in reality it is like paying 5 million dollars for a month of Netflix.

Atleast they realize that life isnt a gift or always beautiful.

Thatch Cubes

Thatch Cubes

Aug 18, 2019
I was told that I should be thankful to have been granted the gift of life and that my problems could be solved through the power of prayer and positive thinking. I don't get along too well with the devout.

Reactions: Daos365 and Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I was told that I should be thankful to have been granted the gift of life and that my problems could be solved through the power of prayer and positive thinking. I don't get along too well with the devout.

Well this is more new agey stuff.

Fadinglife

Fadinglife

Student
Apr 16, 2019
i care about you. (words, without actions)

cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
"Things could be worse."
"Happiness is a choice."
"God doesn't give you more than you can handle."

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Bct, Wayfaerer and 2 others
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
"Things could be worse."
"Happiness is a choice."
"God doesn't give you more than you can handle."

Everything is according to gods will, so if you kill yourself it was god will, otherwise he would have stopped you.

Reactions: Wayfaerer
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Reactions: Wayfaerer and Baskol1
Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
To a severely depressed individual:

1. "Take responsibility for your life." (And you don't think I do that everyday? Well, it's not working out)

2. "People would be sad if you died." (Lol no, they wouldn't, and even if they were, it would be only for a fleeting instant)

3. "People love you and care about you." (They must be referring to an imaginary version of me)

4. "This will only make you stronger." (Ooo, I just can't wait to level up in this soul-rending grindfest which we euphemistically call "life")

5. "Write about all of it in a journal." (So nobody will have to see or hear your troubles. Out of sight, out of mind)

6. "Do good, be kind to others, and you will be happy." (And yet here I am)

7. And of course, the usual "Think positive! Just sprinkle pixie dust, throw confetti and glitter, dance and be merry, and all your troubles will miraculously vanish."

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Bct, Wayfaerer and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
I've seen that used as a reason to watch gore. The most stupid thing I've read on here bar none. How about "I love you all" . As far as platitudes go that's right up there

Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
"... what you're going through right now you'll be able to use to help others in the future..."

Even the staff in the hospital said this! Do people not know anything about GRIEF?

Cuz then I'm depressed grieving and of course then I'm put on the spot to feel like s*** because of course I don't give a fuk about those people in the future I'm supposed to help I am hurting right now and that's all you can tell me God some people are so f****** clueless.