W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
What is exactly the meaning of LIVING?
As for me, in order to answer this question we gotta take into account that there are two ways of living:

1) LIVING:

I think "LIVING" is what normal people do. They don't worry about stuff such as death, the universe, life's meaning, etc. Their system is something like: "Okay, I will study, work, get married, have children, keep on working, and die as a old grey man/woman"
That's it. That's living for them. If you ask them something about the universe or whatever, they will answer that "God" created us. It doesn't matter which one. Suicide is never on their minds.

2) JUST LIVING

I think this is what most of us do. Are we really living? I think we're not. I think we're just living.
I mean, some of us work, study and have a family but living is like a passive skill for us. We do it but actually, we would like to leave this world ASAP.
Unlike normal people, we wonder (and also are scared of) about death, life's meaning, the universe, aliens, etc.
We can't focus 100% on reality because we suffer from depression, mental disorders and suicide is constantly in our heads. We're not living, we're just living.

Any thoughts? This is just an opinion. Of course we're all different but I think we might have some things I mentioned in common!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: inthemoonblue, Trannydiary, SuicidalDoomer and 8 others
sunsetintehwoods

sunsetintehwoods

Same rules apply
Feb 22, 2021
Oh yeah, I agree with idea!

If more - in Russian I can say something like: Who is truly alive doesn't care about "truly". They even may not have any plans about grey oldiness and stuff - just living in this moment, where no future and no past. And that's just pure beauty for me.

From other side - if you think about existence and universe doesn't mean you are lost, I mean for sure not all cosmoscientists are depressed. Just don't mix it to much with your own reality and it can be better.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, Ame and WornOutLife
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I'm not living. I'm existing. People around me are living. I'm not jealous. I don't want whatever it is they're having. I'm looking for alternatives. I'm not sure any alternatives exist, or can be experienced. But there's not much else to do except keep looking. I can't sit around and do nothing. I can't accept just existing. If I can't live, I need to do something else, whatever this something is.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, GenesAndEnvironment, Trannydiary and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm not living. I'm existing. People around me are living. I'm not jealous. I don't want whatever it is they're having. I'm looking for alternatives. I'm not sure any alternatives exist, or can be experienced. But there's not much else to do except keep looking. I can't sit around and do nothing. I can't accept just existing. If I can't live, I need to do something else, whatever this something is.

That's another interesting verb. I guess I only exist sometimes too.

@sunsetintehwoods

OMG I love your words! Especially this sentence: "Who is truly alive doesn't care about "truly""
I totally agree!

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
This reminds me of the difference between 'going out' and 'going out, out' lol

I always refer to my 'living' as merely existing... being here physically, but doing what you have to do to get through the day, with little to no enjoyment.

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, Trannydiary, booray and 1 other person
Nolen

Nolen

You see it too? For me, it's always like this.
Feb 21, 2021
I don't think it's quite that distinctive I'm sure "normal people" worry about those things as well (Actually I know they do once you start having serious conversation without any judgment) but unfortunately it's a tabu in society to talk about these things openly. Not everyone is suicidal though but life and death are universal things that effect us all.

Reactions: Trannydiary and x~Sophia~x
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
This reminds me of the difference between 'going out' and 'going out, out' lol

I always refer to my 'living' as merely existing... being here physically, but doing what you have to do to get through the day, with little to no enjoyment.

I think having no enjoyment is what really makes me extremely depressed sometimes! Maybe that's the key of life!

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary and x~Sophia~x
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Just living = winging it despite low quality of life or just getting through the day without causing too many headaches

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, WornOutLife, AE2021 and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I felt alive during early childhood, but in a good sense. There seemed to be the internal unity, my inner nationalism levels were sky high. When the body commanded to jump, my only concern was how high. I feel somewhat like Frodo after suffering a grievous wound. It healed up, but it doesn't look like recovery because I haven't returned to my previous self. Before it was a nightmare, now it weird. I don't think I have the correct words for describing my current way of living. "Bizarre" is probably the most accurate I can come up with.

• Hugs
Reactions: sleepisanescape, Trannydiary, LiesAndLigatures and 3 others
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I mostly try and get through the days without having to talk to anyone but then bemoan my loneliness. Basically I'm not really living; I'd call it hibernating, without there being an end in sight.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, WornOutLife, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
articledon

articledon

Student
Feb 27, 2021
I'm just existing, lying in bed on my laptop drinking wine out the bottle. My bank just emailed me talking about "It's never been more important to have a savings plan".....yeah right

• Hugs
Reactions: sleepisanescape, GenesAndEnvironment, Trannydiary and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm just existing, lying in bed on my laptop drinking wine out the bottle. My bank just emailed me talking about "It's never been more important to have a savings plan".....yeah right

I can relate! When I get extremely depressed I do the same. (for example, last weekend I only read manga and spent time here on SS lol)

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary and articledon
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
Roughly speaking, I am not living on myself. My life is being lived by others.
I love my parents and boyfriend, some other people in the real life surely,
But my life, days are being forced into prolonging themselves against my will by them.

Anyway, being surrounded by the Normals and those who are 'Living'
I am just living my life. I am in an invisible jail, and it is the masterpiece of them.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary and WornOutLife
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
There are like two things that would get me to feel alive, and I don't have access to them lmfao. If they weren't there at all I'd be dead. Since there is some kind of hope in the range of 0.00000001% probability I guess my DNA can press on that to keep me existing for a while longer. I'll defeat the DNA in the end, I'm sure of it.
"Okay, I will study, work, get married, have children, keep on working, and die as a old grey man/woman"
"God" created us
npc-meme.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WornOutLife