NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
People are afraid of death - to die is the worst thing that can happen. People usually do anything to prevent themselves and their loved ones from dying. People do not talk about death and suicide and that is why we are here on the Internet. People do not think about death. Death is in the subconscious. Humans who have never suffered live their lives like all other animals - as if death does not exist. We live in a society where people do not see much of death. People are not used to death, which only certain professionals take care of. But in the 14th century, during the black death (plague), there were dead people everywhere. And during the 18th century, a human life was not worth much. When a person became so old that he was the relatives to trouble, they pushed the old one from a mountain and if the person did not die of the fall, they killed him with a club. I want to tell you about a terrible suffering which happened to one of my relatives. The woman was chronically ill for 40 years and was tormented for several years before she ended up in hospital. The disease spread throughout the body. She was terminally ill for 5 years, lied blind with amputated legs for 3 years, prayed she would die, but the medical staff only prolonged her suffering. This is how humans are treated in countries without euthanasia. Our pets can be killed at the veterinary; our dogs and cats can live and die with dignity, but the human animal should live as long as possible regardless the circumstances. This is the denial of human death. And maybe people are stupid. Albert Einstein said: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity: and I am not sure about the universe!" We all have the right to decide how long we want to live. A 25-year old man who has fallen from a house and are lying chronically paralyzed in hospital can not live on and take care of his parents when they will be old. Euthanasia should be available for anyone who wants it. Death is a part of life. We are born, we live and we die.

Ddskalle

• Love
Reactions: Passersby, Lost Magic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 15 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
A world in which assisted suicide/euthanasia is available in any country is certainly the world people like us need.

I won't probably live enough to experience that but I hope people in the future, don't have to be forced to stay on this blue rock like me.

Reactions: shush and Passersby
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Aren't you Swedish, Marilyn? Didn't Bergman teach you guys that Mr. Death always wins? :))

B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Very well written post. I agree with this so much. I think that most humans have narcissistic traits thus they think that a human's life is the most important, precious thing. They don't care about quality of life, barely existing for them is a gift. Most pro-lifers don't care about others suffering, they only care about their own morals and what seems right for them.

Reactions: TFJ, Passersby, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 6 others
PressEnterToExit

PressEnterToExit

How soon is now?
Oct 19, 2020
Everyday I feel more and more hopeless I just can't believe that humans are so stupid I can't

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, ConfusedAndWeird and pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think many people are afraid of death because they are worried of some kind of afterlife/reincarnation. However I take great comfort from death as I believe there is nothing afterwards, we just return into the void that we were in before we were born. It is our purpose as humans. People act like death is the worst thing, but this life is the real terrifying thing. I agree that euthanasia should be a basic human right as there is no limit as to how much our bodies can torture us.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Passersby, ConfusedAndWeird and 6 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
people fear death, they fear missing loved one's, they fear not being able to enjoy life, they fear not being here tomorrow as they may miss out, yet this is a thing of the younger generations
Often now I hear from the elderly that they are ready to go, they have lived their live and they are now tired, they have had their time, now its time for the next to walk the world
When it comes to terminal illnesses or people who are disabled etc, those with no quality of life, humans are selfish and don't want to lose the ones they love, no matter how crap their life is.
yet they can let a beloved animal/pet go? someone else they claim is part of the family? I don't get it

Reactions: auniqueusername669, Bauhaus, FuneralCry and 1 other person
unperson

unperson

nontitle
May 8, 2021
people fear death, they fear missing loved one's, they fear not being able to enjoy life, they fear not being here tomorrow as they may miss out, yet this is a thing of the younger generations
Often now I hear from the elderly that they are ready to go, they have lived their live and they are now tired, they have had their time, now its time for the next to walk the world
When it comes to terminal illnesses or people who are disabled etc, those with no quality of life, humans are selfish and don't want to lose the ones they love, no matter how crap their life is.
yet they can let a beloved animal/pet go? someone else they claim is part of the family? I don't get it
Sadly there are even those who will keep their pets alive as long as possible...

ExistentialEntropy

ExistentialEntropy

we all go home eventually
Jul 4, 2020
Death is a natural part of life. The trouble is that humans are painfully aware of this fact and spend great effort in trying to forget about it, to the point of keeping the chronically ill in a perpetual state of misery, just so they can convince themselves they have control over their fate.

The reality is we are all heading the same way. It's just a question of how we get there. I take great comfort in this ultimate truth. The heat death of the universe is unavoidable and it will bring perfect order to everything.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I recently wrote a post (not knowing you had one) feeling very similar. I agree. Death is the ultimate taboo in society and it shouldn't be. Sad really.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc