wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Both exist in me- in all of us. Wanting to leave has been a road I have been walking on for a very very very long time. The same hands that feed me and keep me alive spend the evening writing suicide notes moving me closer to my exit. How odd to exist in such a way... to move so fiercely towards death and life, both. On one desktop I am checking application status for PhD programs and, on another, I am perfecting my SN regimen. I'm not anti-life. I love life (on a fundamental level). I think suicide has dignity and humanity. Suicide can be more humane than life itself. While I adore the ability to witness and feel such a vast spectrum of experience, I am finding mercy and compassion in the instinct to die. It is odd how they exist simultaneously. I'm finding that language itself is limiting in describing this duality. The death instinct, to me, feels like an inclination towards a nowhere or at least somewhere not here.

This feels surreal. And I feel lucky to have a community to share these things with.
I can't imagine leaving without ever uttering a word about it to anyone.

This universe is strange.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: builtwrong, Ihavenofriends, it's_all_a_game and 22 others
us_1999

us_1999

Fragments of myself
Feb 1, 2021
Me too. During the intense days I feel anxious and unsettled all the time, and I'll struggle harder both for living and for preparing to die. During numb days I am...simply numb and empty. In order to move out of the numbness I tend to let myself sink into negative thoughts. Then pain will make me active and suicidal at the same time.

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied and wordsonscreen
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
Me too. During the intense days I feel anxious and unsettled all the time, and I'll struggle harder both for living and for preparing to die. During numb days I am...simply numb and empty. In order to move out of the numbness I tend to let myself sink into negative thoughts. Then pain will make me active and suicidal at the same time.
This resonates a lot with me! Pain feels like the only motivator left in me. Unsettled, numb, pain- this cycle if familiar. Sending you so much love as you navigate this <3

• Love
Reactions: us_1999
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020

It certainly is! I even read this theory about the universe being fake haha.
We'll probably be dead before we can become a Type IV Civilization (you know, travel to other planets and galaxies very easily). Maybe in that way, we could understand more about the universe, life and death.

Anyway, perhaps when we die, we'll find something out. (or simply won't exist anymore.)

• Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
It certainly is! I even read this theory about the universe being fake haha.
We'll probably be dead before we can become a Type IV Civilization (you know, travel to other planets and galaxies very easily). Maybe in that way, we could understand more about the universe, life and death.

Anyway, perhaps when we die, we'll find something out. (or simply won't exist anymore.)
We def would be quite different by the time/if we ever become Type IV. The brain in a vat thing always trips me up haha

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
i hope you can stay a good while yet... i love hearing what you have to say and hope we get to hear more. This post kinda sums up my own reflections this evening.

• Love
Reactions: TooMuchToBear, wordsonscreen and us_1999
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
i hope you can stay a good while yet... i love hearing what you have to say and hope we get to hear more. This post kinda sums up my own reflections this evening.
I'm glad it resonated with you <3 Its an odd place to be in. Am here for you- feel free to check in whenever you like :)

• Love
Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
T

tuptup

Feb 1, 2021
You can't find a man who hate life in that sense: i'm pretty sure everone can say if i were in other circumstances i would like to life. If it were like this or that i wouldn't wanna die.
No one ever was born hating life.
Sometimes something is fucked up and we don't know why and beceause of that we can't find a fix. We're in an unfavorable environment and it's not true that we have always influence on it. We finally find what is missing but sometimes it's too late to fix it. Sometimes we're not accepted either by environent and parents.
I can speak only for myself. How the hell i could have known what would be better for me in my past life? How could i known how to fix what was broken with me? I was too young to know, we born with empty heads. .I know now but now it's too late. We're a little bit like plasticine. I'm too 'hard' to change the shape. I tell myself everyday that i couldn't have done better and it's not my fault that i was born where i was. That it's not my fault i hadn't knowledge i have now. I believe if i had know what i know now, did what i've done recently, i would enjoy life, i would never think about suicide. but you know you can't change what have been done nor did what should have been done. I can close my eyes, breath, and accept this feeling, do what i must to do, and fall into eternal sleep beceause there's no other way.

Last edited:
  • Love
TooMuchToBear

TooMuchToBear

Student
Jan 3, 2021
I really enjoy your posts, sunbug!

• Love
Echo81

Echo81

Feb 5, 2021
Both exist in me- in all of us. Wanting to leave has been a road I have been walking on for a very very very long time. The same hands that feed me and keep me alive spend the evening writing suicide notes moving me closer to my exit. How odd to exist in such a way... to move so fiercely towards death and life, both. On one desktop I am checking application status for PhD programs and, on another, I am perfecting my SN regimen. I'm not anti-life. I love life (on a fundamental level). I think suicide has dignity and humanity. Suicide can be more humane than life itself. While I adore the ability to witness and feel such a vast spectrum of experience, I am finding mercy and compassion in the instinct to die. It is odd how they exist simultaneously. I'm finding that language itself is limiting in describing this duality. The death instinct, to me, feels like an inclination towards a nowhere or at least somewhere not here.

This feels surreal. And I feel lucky to have a community to share these things with.
I can't imagine leaving without ever uttering a word about it to anyone.

Thank you for these words:)

• Love