• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Came across a news article where a certain pro-life organization likes to post up notes alongside a popular suicide bridge in Auburn CA. Usual platitudes to distract a would-be jumper from jumping. Suddenly a man, who is either religious or a sadist, or both, tears them all down and tells all suiciders to burn and that they're trash.

So my question is, you're walking to your CTB destination, would notes on a bridge stop you? Would a smile from a stranger not knowing what you're intent was stop you? Maybe today was a good day and everyone was nice, would that stop you?

Would it be a dick move if I took some of the notes with me and then jump just to add a bit of irony to their organization?

Edit: Forgot the link: https://www.kcra.com/article/man-ca...notes-from-foresthill-bridge/25443798?src=app

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinbad, therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
So my question is, you're walking to your CTB destination, would notes on a bridge stop you? Would a smile from a stranger not knowing what you're intent was stop you? Maybe today was a good day and everyone was nice, would that stop you?

Would it be a dick move if I took some of the notes with me and then jump just to add a bit of irony to their organization?

No, no, no and no. Fuck their organization. If they really wanted to prevent suicide, they would try to make the world a better place instead of just putting notes up with platitudes... A bunch of the people in their organization are probably just virtue signaling, anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: wiIIow, Sanguinius, lv-gras and 6 others
ouvreyes

ouvreyes

シシ
Oct 7, 2018
No lol? Just another shining example of feel good hero complexes who'd never take a single step out of their way to actually help another person. I'd take the notes and blow them a kiss and a wink as I fell.

Reactions: lv-gras, Xerxes and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
No... I was 100% certain before my first attempt 2 months ago and since then I have been 100% certain every single second

Reactions: Sanguinius, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I'd still ctb even if I had a good day. Had a great day today tbh but I'm still here thinking about how I'm going to do it. People being nice, smiling, etc would just make me feel a bit more peaceful and less angry when I actually do it.

Reactions: Sanguinius, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
No, those silly pro-lifers will never dissuade me and I'm actually sorta glad that someone is exposing the virtue signalers' platitudes and making a scene. I do secretly hope more people would counter the efforts of these pro-lifers, suicide preventionists, and what not, and expose them for what they really are (just ego-trippers, humble braggers, virtue signalers, etc.).

No, no, no and no. Fuck their organization. If they really wanted to prevent suicide, they would try to make the world a better place instead of just putting notes up with platitudes... A bunch of the people in their organization are probably just virtue signaling, anyway.

This x1000000. Until people actually do something that truly helps the people in crisis and improve living conditions overall, their virtue signaling, ego-stroking actions do no good and rather trivializes the overall problem. About the 5 people or so who changed their mind, well it may well be that they didn't truly feel like ending their lives or maybe they aren't ready yet (survival instinct and doubt getting in their way). Finally, I hate the fact that they keep talking about how hope is a good thing, like it's some fact and always lump suicidality with depression/mental illness.

Reactions: wiIIow, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Red star

Red star

Experienced
Sep 15, 2018
No, those silly pro-lifers will never dissuade me and I'm actually sorta glad that someone is exposing the virtue signalers' platitudes and making a scene. I do secretly hope more people would counter the efforts of these pro-lifers, suicide preventionists, and what not, and expose them for what they really are (just ego-trippers, humble braggers, virtue signalers, etc.).

This x1000000. Until people actually do something that truly helps the people in crisis and improve living conditions overall, their virtue signaling, ego-stroking actions do no good and rather trivializes the overall problem. About the 5 people or so who changed their mind, well it may well be that they didn't truly feel like ending their lives or maybe they aren't ready yet (survival instinct and doubt getting in their way). Finally, I hate the fact that they keep talking about how hope is a good thing, like it's some fact and always lump suicidality with depression/mental illness.

I give encouragement and support doesn't mean I myself don't want to die too. Peoples perspectives on things arent so black and white. I wouldn't be so quick to categorize people as pro lifers without knowing them.

Reactions: Xerxes, lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Red star

Red star

Experienced
Sep 15, 2018
The being against pro lifers is too vague of a statement. If you would encourage me to die that would not feel good to me but maybe to someone else. It all depends on the person, what they are saying, the intent etc.

Reactions: Xerxes, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
No ignorant pro-lifer could ever put me off my plan. Not unless they agree to swap places with me and take on my pain and disease. Virtue-signalling, smug assholes.

Reactions: Xerxes, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Probably not anything outside as I would be doing it indoors. The only thing that would stop me, is if my son were to contact me and wanted to know me.
It's maybe sixteen years since I have seen him, I no longer count the years.
I know that this is never going to happen as he has been thoroughly brainwashed by his mother. Cest la vie!

Reactions: Xerxes, wiIIow, lv-gras and 2 others
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
Came across a news article where a certain pro-life organization likes to post up notes alongside a popular suicide bridge in Auburn CA. Usual platitudes to distract a would-be jumper from jumping. Suddenly a man, who is either religious or a sadist, or both, tears them all down and tells all suiciders to burn and that they're trash.

Edit: Forgot the link: https://www.kcra.com/article/man-ca...notes-from-foresthill-bridge/25443798?src=app

Those notes wouldn't stop me, but fuck the dude who was tearing them down.

Reactions: Xerxes, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I've been told that dying with terminal cancer and hanging on to the bitter end is good. How? If you are going to die eventually from something, I feel by going out on my own terms while I can is best. I told this to the doctor and he looked at me very strange. I said, what would do you in my shoes? Wither away in a year or 18 months or take action while you can and say fuck you to this disease.

Reactions: Xerxes, Sanguinius, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018

If aliens or supernatural forces appeared that would change my mind. You should take the notes with you. Fucking pricks want to guilt trip suicidal people into staying. These are the same deuchbags who keep people alive in terrible pain in the hospitals-literally worse than rapping someone in evrey way.

Reactions: Xerxes, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
No lol? Just another shining example of feel good hero complexes who'd never take a single step out of their way to actually help another person. I'd take the notes and blow them a kiss and a wink as I fell.

I would give them a middle finger instead.

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018

A hell lot of alcohol and a dark, packed crazy loud night club. I'd be back in the morning though, gangover permitting

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Money, Baby. Money. :wink:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals