Kore

Kore

Lonely in a room full of people…
Nov 2, 2023
I heard the following on a Netflix show, I can't find any other reference to it so I'm guessing it was written by the screenwriter, but wow did it hit me…

(It may not be exactly word for word, writing from memory)

"We all signed a contract of existence at birth. We agreed to the following 3 statements:
-We are immune to nothing
-We can die at any moment
-We will eventually lose anything we gain in this life"

If you speak about these kinds of things to someone that has never considered them, they will turn on you. Everybody knows death is coming, but nobody wants to talk about it. Even think about it. It's so much easier to pretend that our jobs and weekend plans and material objects are all important somehow, but… none of it is. There's a lot of suicide with the rich, I guess it's because they spend their life trying to obtain 'something' (happiness? Discovering life's purpose?) by climbing to the top of the economic mountain, but once they reach the top, they have gained nothing and all that is left is to jump.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: FakeNewYorker, thewalkingdread, Forever Sleep and 7 others
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I never signed that sh*t, someone fake signed it without me knowing for sure!
That being said, suffering and joy is not about material but "spiritual" (not in a religious way, but more psychological).
Your experience here is a time-limited experience, and everything within is us that interpret it - even the suffering itself.
Suffering and joy is illusions of the mind experiencing the material existence, and there's no guarantee on how this illusion will be created - not even being born rich, beautiful or anything

Reactions: FakeNewYorker, ijustwishtodie, thewalkingdread and 4 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
People who are not suffering have more to lose than us suicidal folks.
They are shit scared of contemplating their own mortality.

• Love
Reactions: thewalkingdread, myusername890, Kore and 2 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Contract signed itself when my parents decided to feel good on my behalf.

I never agreed to anything.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, thewalkingdread, Kore and 3 others
Kore

Kore

Lonely in a room full of people…
Nov 2, 2023
People who are not suffering have more to lose than us suicidal folks.
They are shit scared of contemplating their own mortality.
This is a great point tbh. I'm also hesitant about even telling these people 'the truth' because I half wish I could go back to the blissful ignorance I was in before. That said, we all *know* the truth, deep down.

Everybody has 'dark' thoughts, but they hide them, contain them, learn to live with them. Everybody has wondered at some point - whether in the shower, alone at night before sleep, on a dark day - what the meaning of it all is. But the answer is obvious, and scares most people enough to drop the questions, push them to a dark n dusty corner of their mind, and continue living in the illusion

• Love
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and thewalkingdread
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
This is a great point tbh. I'm also hesitant about even telling these people 'the truth' because I half wish I could go back to the blissful ignorance I was in before. That said, we all *know* the truth, deep down.

Everybody has 'dark' thoughts, but they hide them, contain them, learn to live with them. Everybody has wondered at some point - whether in the shower, alone at night before sleep, on a dark day - what the meaning of it all is. But the answer is obvious, and scares most people enough to drop the questions, push them to a dark n dusty corner of their mind, and continue living in the illusion
There is a certain kind of peace to be experienced in accepting the truth about existence. Yet, I too sometimes wish I could go back to a state of blissful ignorance. Being awake and free of delusion has its downsides, yet if I had a chance of going back in time and becoming asleep again I don't think I'd take it.

Reactions: Kore