greyblue_bian

greyblue_bian

2x Failed CTB Member
Jun 10, 2022
So, yesterday, something I thought would never happen did. My family decided for us all to have a sit-down and talk about our family issues. I let everything out. And, some of the answers I got weren't ideal or expected, actually, but I feel better. I feel like I have more clarity. They've told me to stop talking to one of my siblings about everything personal, but we've agreed not to do so, as we have only helped each other keep going and we have an immense amount of trust and care with one another, with our communication being the healthiest in the house. I will still be making sure to lessen my communication with them (at least just the parental figures, other than my mother) in the future, but I feel like I can be more sure that this will be a smart option now. I do not think they care about me as much as they say they do, however, I feel good about that for some reason. This hasn't cured my suicidal ideation at all as I've realized, as my family part of life was only a part of it. I've realized that my paranoia, trust issues, and neuroticism have become a part of who I am and that these are things I should fix if I should deem them unhelpful to me and my life goals. All this to say, today was a good day. Thank you for being what you are, SS community. You are a part of the reason I am here right now.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ultracheese, rationaltake, Xernarot and 3 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
In the movie "War Games" is a small scene where two computer nerds who work together have a slight contention. It was resolved when one says to the other, "Remember when you asked me to let you know when you were being insensitive, well you are being insensitive now". To me this was iconic of people who use communication to begin to get a handle on managing difficulties.

It sounds like you have also discovered how things with others can be improved through communication. Congratulations.

Reactions: Ultracheese and rationaltake