• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
This is the story of a Vietnamese monk who set himself on fire in protest in the 1960s, what is astonishing is his total stoicity as he catches fire, remaining in a meditative position as if nothing had happened, the potential of the human mind is incredible, perhaps we should chase less difficult painless methods and instead learn to deal with pain also because if we are on this site it means that we already know it well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thích_Quảng_Đức

On the page you can also find two photos where you can see how he remains stoic while he catches fire.

Reactions: Loona6546645 and Edpal247
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
That's not "dealing with pain". That's years and years of intense, daily meditative study to sit with that pain.

Reactions: itsalittlecold, Loona6546645 and rozeske
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
Thich Quang Duc did it for his religion. That's why an idealised, romanticised method is important. Even if we will never be like this monk, the conviction from believing in something more beautiful than yourself helps a lot. Same goes for samurai who went through hara-kiri.

That's why I was considering a poisonous flower tea, SN is also not bad, I like poisons. I can't bring myself to put on an exit bag as much as I can't bring myself to live after my current refuge is gone.

Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
This is the story of a Vietnamese monk who set himself on fire in protest in the 1960s, what is astonishing is his total stoicity as he catches fire, remaining in a meditative position as if nothing had happened, the potential of the human mind is incredible, perhaps we should chase less difficult painless methods and instead learn to deal with pain also because if we are on this site it means that we already know it well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thích_Quảng_Đức

On the page you can also find two photos where you can see how he remains stoic while he catches fire.
Yeah as others have mentioned he trained extremely intensely to be able to pull that off. Unless you already developed that skill before you became suicidal it's very difficult to develop and improve yourself when you're in that negative thinking space. I want to be as compassionate as possible and I don't want people to suffer anymore than they need to.

Reactions: Ash