prototypian

prototypian

May 6, 2024
I'm a child of the 80s and most coming of age films at the time featured some form of high school class and clique hierarchy. There was breakfast club and inevitably someone was bullied and the class levels were apparent.

I believe that part of the current intolerant political landscape was the bully class realizing that they were completely out of power. People could be open about sexuality, they could be successful and ignore popularity and it had become against social mores to be a bully.

And I believe that this group, sensing that they were becoming irrelevant, siezed upon a political faction that embraced them and gave them purpose. And quickly that group became relevant again.

I am betting that this cycle repeats throughout history. As yoh begin to stamp out bullying and macho cruelty, it fights back and grabs power yet again over and over. Meanwhile beta humans go back to
Fearing the alphas as we don't want to fight. And eventually our thoughts turn to suicide.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori, Josh007 and 1 other person
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
The problem is the bullies might also be the victims of this harsh world and this is the way they chose to cope with it. But still, that's fucked up.
I wish they knew how much they hurt their victims and how unfair their behavior is… Imagine how easier life would be if we all treated each other like friends.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I remember all those films. I remember the message as well that if it couldn't be fixed in school, then you'd leave soon enough and the adult world would be different. Then you discover that adults are even more childish than playground bullies, who at least have the excuse of not knowing any better, brains not fully developed, hormones out of control etc. But when you're bullied by people in their 40s and 50s using tactics they presumably honed in the playground, taking you right back to the hell that was your childhood, you wonder what the point was. There was no escape. There never will be. And that thing called justice? Doesn't exist for people like you. As bullies have to eat too and you'll always be breakfast, lunch and tea.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
I'm a child of the 80s and most coming of age films at the time featured some form of high school class and clique hierarchy. There was breakfast club and inevitably someone was bullied and the class levels were apparent.

I believe that part of the current intolerant political landscape was the bully class realizing that they were completely out of power. People could be open about sexuality, they could be successful and ignore popularity and it had become against social mores to be a bully.

And I believe that this group, sensing that they were becoming irrelevant, siezed upon a political faction that embraced them and gave them purpose. And quickly that group became relevant again.

I am betting that this cycle repeats throughout history. As yoh begin to stamp out bullying and macho cruelty, it fights back and grabs power yet again over and over. Meanwhile beta humans go back to
Fearing the alphas as we don't want to fight. And eventually our thoughts turn to suicide.

Bully's on not always "alphas", they pick on the weak.

Not everyone capable of being dominant over others abuses that dominance.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020

Yes, things do go in cycles sometimes, but I don't think that's what's behind the current intolerance in the US. The root cause is that white people are a shrinking proportion of the US population and will soon be a minority. That's making a lot of people uncomfortable, and that discomfort is expressing itself in attacks on minorities.
Whatever happens, white people in the US will be a minority in the fairly near future. If they try to hang onto power by any means, the result will be violence. In the long run they can't win, but they might seize power and establish a dictatorship for a few decades. That would destroy America's standing in the world, which in turn would greatly weaken America's power. It would end, eventually, in a revolution, probably the deaths of many white people, and it would leave a legacy of mistrust in the US that could endure for generations.
Let's hope Biden wins. He's not perfect, but he's a lot better than the alternative.

Ironborn

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
Problem is the system protects bullies.
The few times I fought back I was the one who got punished because I wasn't popular like the bullies were.
Teachers are all cunts, they take the path of least resistance, easier to ignore the bullies than do anything, moment someone pushes back though all hell breaks loose.
Remember:
"Those that can't, teach."