LazarusOpus

LazarusOpus

L0st
Dec 9, 2023
I often hear from people older than me that teenage and young adult years are "the best years of your life". it's been stuck in my head, I want to die before I turn 20, it's been my obsession since I was 16 honestly. I'm less than a year away from 20, I want to go like Sylvia Plath did,,, no clue how I'm going to make that happen but I have time. maybe I'll do it the same day as her too

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Leavesfromthevine
funguy

funguy

šŸ„
Nov 22, 2023
I was also told that as a teenager. I think it's mostly subjective though. I know a few people who enjoy adulthood much more than being a teenager. Just because it was the best years of someone elses life, doesn't mean it will be the same for you.

ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

šŸŖ¦ July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
Yeah, that's always struck me as odd. My life has been hell and for someone to say that this is the best it ever gets and it only gets worse from here, just makes it that much easier to make the decision to ctb. It's probably the most depressing concept ever to cross my mind honestly.

KarmicRain

KarmicRain

Mar 27, 2023
for me, despite how stressful it was and how much it sucked, it was better than my now. but I think in this case the term "best" is only valid since my life and especially my mental health has just been a downward spiral and somehow always gets worse. And if now is worse, that logically means before was better. well, it could also just be that now is worse because I can suffer in the moment but I can't relive pain in the past.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I'm 44 and I can say that my 20s was the best time of my life. Every one in my age group was young and horny. I was hooking up with girls left and right. Not a care in the world or real stresses of being an adult. I was somewhat reckless and I am paying for it now.I should have played my cards better. I wish I had know that I had autism much sooner. I didn;t realize I could possibly have it until my nephew was born with it and was a splitting image of me as a child.

HiddenFork

HiddenFork

Dec 11, 2023
Depends really how your circumstances are. I'm 23 now and looking back I had it better when I was around 14. I had folks to hang around. I saw my friends daily in school and my mum was in a better shape. It was still a shit time for me but compared to today where I'm just clocking in at work for 8 hours, go home and sleep till the next day, it was much better. I hope this ends soon.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I'm 53, I can confirm, my 20's were the best.
I'm 44 and I can say that my 20s was the best time of my life. Every one in my age group was young and horny. I was hooking up with girls left and right. Not a care in the world or real stresses of being an adult. I was somewhat reckless and I am paying for it now.I should have played my cards better.
Same here.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It isn't a good thing to say to someone- I don't think. It's usually said to try and make the person appreciate that time when they most probably aren't. Plus- if they aren't- what are they supposed to think? That is as good as it's going to get? Things will be even worse there on out? How will that make them feel better? Personally, my 30's were better than my 20's. My 20's were better than my teens. It's different for everyone. It depends on your circumstances.