• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Youthanasia

Youthanasia

Wanderer
Apr 18, 2019
Are you into 'soccer'? If you're not, i still recommend you to check this thread out.

UEFA Champions league is currently the most prestigious club competition in the world, taking place in Europe. In the last 10 years, fans would always be wondering whether the next champion would be Real Madrid or Barcelona, among other powerhouses such as Juventus, FC Bayern, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain to name the most hyped clubs. It's a very traditional competition with a number of winners all over Europe. Having a strong team matters to the odds.

This CL however is proving to be the best ever according to many fans because of the amazing quality of the football played and the absolutely amazing upsets and comebacks in the knockout stage. The competition consist of three phases: A preliminary phase for smaller clubs in lower-ranked countries, a weighted group phase and the knockout stage. And the play-offs proved to be something else this season. Something so special I'd even tell you to watch all the 4 semifinals matches which is something I never do - tell others to watch games.

In the first bracket, there was AFC Ajax, a very traditional club based in Amsterdam, famous for it's unique style of football often associated with dutch legend Johan Cruyff (Yes, from that Netherlands team that went really well in some world cup 50 years ago). The dutch sent home about a billion euros worth in players this season, beating FC Bayern, current champions Real Madrid AND Cristiano Ronaldo's Juventus. They were up against Tottenham Hotspur FC, an english team with a considerable amount of domestic success but a very dry spell in the 21th century, having only a domestic cup title in the 08-09 season (And before that, their most recent titles lies in the 90s). Tottenham also happens to be somewhat underwhelming outside England, being a Champions League virgin and only having two EUROPA League titles 40 and 50 years ago. Things didn't seem to be going well when Ajax beat the Spurs 1-0 in their own home, the new White Hart Lane stadium. The spurs, until today, were a meme.

Speaking about english teams that were considered memes, let's talk about Liverpool FC, one of the teams in the other side of the semi-final brackets. A successful club in and out of England, the last time the Reds lifted the Premier League was in the 89-90 season, which rendered them as a joke among english fans. That didn't matter much in the 2004-2005 season when they won the Champions League, but other than that, the memes remained. Until yesterday. Their opponents in the semi-finals were the almighty FC Barcelona led by 21th century genius Lionel Messi, which beat the Reds in the first leg in an imposing 3-0 lead in Spain. Everyone thought that Johan Cruyff's students would make an Ajax x Barcelona final (The dutch also played and managed the catalan club). Until this week.

Now that you have the full background, enjoy the reason it's possible for me and other football fans say "It's a good time to be alive".

Tottenham Hotspur FC 3(3) x 2(3) AFC Ajax (Away goals untie)

Liverpool FC 4(0) x 0(3) FC Barcelona

The match between the virgin and the once to be giant will take place in a single match final taking place in Madrid. This will be the first Champions League final without Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo in 8 or 9 years (Correct me if wrong)

No real football fan is disappointed to see the homeland of Football taking the Champions League trophy home. Which of the english sides will win, however, is a very different story, yet to be told.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: OnlyMercy and Superfluous
OnlyMercy

OnlyMercy

No More
Oct 23, 2018
Although I'm not a Spurs fan, I quite admire what Poch has done with the Spurs team over the years especially considering the fact that they spent nothing in the most recent transfer window. It would be somewhat of a magical moment in Spurs history for them to win the Champions League and move into the new stadium in the same year.

Reactions: Youthanasia
Youthanasia

Youthanasia

Wanderer
Apr 18, 2019
I mean was supporting Ajax in this leg but it's hard to be disappointed with that display. Lucas Moura has the chance of his life next month, if he kills the finals too he might prove to be ballon d'or material (Although he oscillates, he does have a background of slaughtering huge games)

The same could be said about Mané! Im loving this. And i'd ctb right away if Divock Origi scores a game winner